“Great Location and Staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Albany Medical Center
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Queensbury, New York
“Great Location and Staff”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

If you need a location close to Albany Medical Center this is it! The hotel is clean and extremely accommodating. The pool and hot tub are nice for kids. The breakfast is above and beyond typical hotel fare. It is nice to have the Recovery Room Restaurant right there too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel have spoil coffee creamers on the room. The creamers are suppose to be refrigerated. but were sitting out for god knows how long. Did not offer complementary breakfast for HHonor platinum members like other Hiltons.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank mohammadk613
Syracuse
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Probably the second most uncomfortable bed I have had in a major hotel - nothing beats the Sleep Number fiasco at Radisson for worst bed. They have some kind of control on them for firmness. Nice to find out after a night of not sleep, though. And the AC - cycles on for 30 seconds, off for 30 seconds and then BRRRRRRRUPPPPTT once without coming on. Repeat for entire night. Reported on checkout got a "Sorry".

Otherwise, the location is pretty good and taxi service was prompt to get us to downtown and back. Starbucks on the first floor if you like that sort of thing. A Panera next door if you do not. Parking was not great with instructions of "you don't have to park in the lines just don't block anybody in". Very professional. (Garage available for low rates, too).

Probably not going back as we prefer the Hampton Inn downtown both for the location, the brand (we always have some kind of problem with HGI), the price, the beds. Pretty much everything is better at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Glastonbury, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very high-level service, location, amenities for a Hilton Garden Inn. Great location if doing any business at Albany Medical, the College, or VA. Short drive to Capitol area. I had a suite on the top floor which must be for visitors that are there for an extended stay. I DID think the price was at the high end for Albany (vs NYC).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Michael R
Albany, New York
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I booked a suite at the Hilton last weekend for myself and my college buddies to spend a night on the town around. I had never stayed at the Hilton before, but I had always heard good things. On the positive side, the suite was very spacious and had a great view. We really enjoyed the hot tub and pool, everything was perfectly clean, and the breakfast buffet the next morning was great. That said, I was disappointed by the sleeping accommodations. I made a point to list all the occupants on the reservation so that they would realize that there would be four of us sleeping there. Despite that, we arrived to find only three pillows and two towels. We forgave that right up until bedtime. When we unfolded the sofa bed we discovered that there was no mattress! We had to call down to the desk past 1am and wait for someone to bring up a twin sized cot. The rest of us sharing the king sized bed found it to be extremely lumpy and hard. I slept in the middle, which had such a large lump that I found myself rolling into my friends all night long. I was fairly disappointed considering the Hilton's reputation and the amount I paid for the room.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ecip87
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 April 2014

For my one night stay in the city of Albany, NY, I chose the Hilton Garden Inn Albany Medical Center. What an excellent choice I made! The hotel staff members that I encountered were kind and welcoming, including the shuttle drivers, front desk staff, cleaning crew, and restaurant staff. I arrived by train, and had scheduled a pickup by the hotel shuttle. Please note that if you plan to use the hotel’s shuttle service, you must call the hotel to make a shuttle reservation at least 48 hours prior to your arrival/departure. The shuttle arrived at the train station promptly at my reserved time.

I was very fortunate to be placed in a one bedroom corner suite on the seventh (top) floor. The room was huge, spotlessly clean, nice and quiet, and the view was terrific. A great feature of Hilton Garden Inns is that there is a refrigerator and microwave in each room. My only complaint, which is the same for every Hilton Garden Inn in the USA, is that the beds are not the most comfortable. Hilton Garden Inn uses these gimmicky mattresses, where you can turn a switch on the side of the mattress to control hardness/softness. It just doesn’t work for me.

I enjoyed a delicious hot buffet breakfast in the hotel’s restaurant in the morning, with eggs cooked to order. The price for the full hot buffet breakfast was a reasonable $9.95, and if you are a Hilton Honors Gold or Diamond member, it is complimentary. Finally, checkout was at noon, but in the morning I requested and received a 1PM checkout, at which time I rode the hotel shuttle (which I had scheduled in advance) to the train station.

The hotel is attached by covered walkway to the Albany Medical Center. There is also a full-size Starbucks on the first level of the hotel, and there is a Panera Bread restaurant, as well as a CVS drugstore, less than a block away. Washington Park, a beautiful park with walking paths throughout, is also just a few blocks down the street. I felt very safe in this part of Albany, and I was impressed with the overall cleanliness of the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank vegala
Farmington, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The accomodations are great - clean rooms, free internet, and other home ammenities. The bed was a bit hard and the pillows could be better. Small but well maintained fitness room, hot tub and swimming pool. I recommend this hotel to anyone going to Albany for business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business