“Business Trip”

Hilton Garden Inn Albany Medical Center
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Albany
“Business Trip”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The stay was very pleasant for the price I paid. The hotel was perfect for our meeting and met our expectations in terms of the meeting room. The location was OK, but you are in Albany cant ask for too much. The only thing is coffee could have been better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lyons, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The staff was exceptionally courteous, friendly and helpful. We were at this hotel to be with a family member having surgery. The staff reduced stress associated with our away from home stay. The connection to the hospital was very useful , especially allowing an elderly member of our party to come and go easily using a wheel chair

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Richard B
Troy, New York
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Albany Medical Center Hilton is a great location. The room we had was a King suite and was very large. Some sanitary issues with the towels, otherwise ok. Bar provided us with a great place to watch Stanley Cup playoffs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

New York, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Overall good experience. Did not find any value above average to justify the high room price. Location is good if you are looking for a hotel close to Albany Medical Center or the Stratton VA Hospital.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Minerva, New York
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Over two weeks ago, my husband was admitted to Albany Medical Center in critical condition. Not knowing anything about Albany or Albany Medical Center or even being sure of what exactly my husband was facing, I made a reservation for Hitlon Downtown at a price that was above my usual for a hotel room, but it was the only room I could find. When it became apparent that my husband was very ill and that I would need to be close by, his social worker contacted Hilton Garden Inn Albany Medical and from that point on, I was in the very capable and caring hands of your Reception Crew.
Each night they found a room for me, even during the incredibly busy weekend of SUNY graduation, May 17-18! They gave me advice about parking, eating , the wi-fi and other amenities. In many ways, it was the most difficult 11 days of my life, but they never made it seem that accommodating me was a problem; they smiled and they moved me to the top of the waiting list during their very busy period. I will not list names, because invariably I will miss someone; but over 10 days, I probably encountered each reception member at least once.

I live over 100 miles from Albany Medical Center, but because of your team and your hotel’s policies, I never had to worry about being 100 miles from my very ill husband
I am happy to add that although he has a long road ahead, he is now closer to home in Glenns Falls Cardiac Rehab. Albany Medical Center took excellent care of my husband and your reception team took care of me.
Hopefully, we will come back in a few months as guests ready to explore the sights and sounds of Albany beyond the hospital.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jantor07
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. Clean large rooms. The staff is very friendly, and the price is reasonable. The breakfast buffet is one of the nicest I have encountered in a long time and at $10.95 a good value. We will stay here again when we are in Albany.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
St James, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Medical Center in Albany New York. I found the hotel to provide excellent service. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. When I needed help, I got immediate response from the front desk. I would recommend this to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business