“The best hotel in a long time !”

Hilton Garden Inn Albany / SUNY Area
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We don't sleep at hotels or motels often only when we travel by car and the trip is too long. We had made a reservation for this hotel in april not really knowing what it would be like.
The price was a laugh 99$ for two adults and two kids ...breakfast included! and the breakfast was awesome. The service was good too and the room was super clean. I would sleep there anytime again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jo1978laval

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Great staff, clean rooms, couldn't be more helpful

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank B W
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Albany/SUNY in a Friday night in August while visiting friends in the area on our way to Saratoga. Initially we wanted a place in Saratoga, but rates were $300+ a night, so Albany was much less and only a ~40 min drive Saturday morning. Location wise the hotel is a minute or two from I90 and I87, so great location. Also right in front of SUNY Albany.
Arrived at the hotel around 6pm, and quickly checked in. Got to our room, 508, which was an upgrade to a suite! I'm a Hilton Gold member, so happens on occasion, which is nice :) Room had a separate bedroom, 1 bath (with shower and Jacuzzi), and even a 1/2 bath. Breakfast at Hilton Garden Inn's are usually nice, as was the case here. Normal buffet stuff but also made to order window for eggs, pancakes, french toast *which we had...was great!) Was $9.95, but comp with Gold membership.
One small thing that bothered me...I forgot my toothpaste at home, and went to the front desk to ask for a little travel size, which many hotels will give you complementary. I was told this was not provided, but I could purchase a travel size toothpaste at the small shop to the slide of the front desk. Maybe this is more common at these types of hotels these days...haven't had to ask for a while.

Overall a great stay and would choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the suites..all they can say is no, or give you the room!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank steve7515
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Nice well maintained hotel. Stay here yearly for NY Giants training camp. No complaints!!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Tuwin22
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family. I have two very young children and the staff was very accommodating. The front desk attendant went out of her way to find us a DVD player so the kids could watch movies in the room. Hotel grounds and rooms were both clean. Our bathroom was also very clean.

One interesting note; the hotel policy indicated we were not allowed to eat in the restaurant with our take out food from another restaurant even if we purchased drinks. I thought that was a strange policy

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jooksing
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This hotel was fine. The location was great right off the interstate. Gym was nice and in good shape. All equipment seemed to be working well. Rooms were clean. Decent TV and web connection was great. I tried to get a late checkout and got rejected as the next night was sold out. First time in a long time that I have been rejected for late check out as I am a diamond member. Nice place and I would recommend for all types of travel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeffrey G
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Wonderful, clean, beautiful, quiet hotel. We'll be back. Asked for a quiet area on an upper floor, got it. Breakfast was great. Maps of the area would've helped for evening meal. Great service, beautiful restful night.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family