“Never staying here again” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn

BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Enid, Oklahoma
“Never staying here again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

We've stayed here many times in the past and never have had this kind of experience. Upon arriving I asked front desk staff if the hotel was remolded in the past 2 years and she explained it wouldn't be cost effective to remodel an entire room but 30 rooms were updated and I requested one of those rooms. She didn't know which rooms were updated so we got what we got. Our rooms furniture was old, scratched and one of the drawers didn't close properly. The walls needed painted. My rooms ironing board was missing and I requested one which took 2 hours to arrive. Proper socket covers were affixed to outlets. A table with 2 chairs for eating and a desk with a chair for working. Internet was very slow but free. The room was non smoking but the sheer curtain looked like it had a burn hole in it. The privacy curtains were old and water spotted on bottom. The windows needed a good cleaning inside and out. We mentioned cleaning the inside to 2 of the housekeeping staff after the first one neglected to inform us it was maintenance departments responsibility to clean them which never got done even after speaking to the second housekeeping staff member.
The tub was worn and needed a good bleaching job. the shower head was functional but not secured to wall properly as well as the faucet. It is NOT my responsibility to report these issues to the front desk as they stated I should have upon my leaving. It is the managements responsibility to check each room and fix, replace and clean them before renting these rooms out to the public. Housekeeping can clean just so much with what the hotel's condition was in.
I used the hotels work out room and mentioned to the front desk staff when is that room cleaned. She checked and said around 5 each day as the equipment and floor needed to be cleaned and no where was the remote to the tv found. The next day the remote was visible but the place was still dirty.
The hotel is located to several restaurants and stores.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

The motel had an airport shuttle service which took over half an hour and numerous phone calls before arriving at the airport.The motel itself was of good quality with a number of restaurants within easy walking distance. The breakfast buffet was adequate and the shuttle back to the airport available early in the morning.

Room Tip: Avoid getting a room adjacent to the indoor pool as it is quite noisy
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

I normally stay somewhere else when I'm in town but based on the reviews, decided to save $50/night and give this place a try. Certainly not anything to write home about from the exterior- partly that's just because it's an older hotel but partly because there doesn't seem to be much focus on making it look better. I entered the lobby to hear the elderly couple in front of me questioning what they would do since the hotel has no elevator. Not a huge deal for me but really? In 2012 to not have an elevator? What to do if you happen to have a very large suitcase and have to get it up and down the stairs... The lobby was fine but when I drove around the back of the building- where I was told my room was- I almost turned around and asked for my money back. It's basically secluded- between the hotel and an interstate- I'm sure some women traveling on their own would not feel safe at night back here. It was poorly lit too. The entryway had stained carpet and was definitely very dated. The only redeeming quality was my room. The bed was comfortable, room seemed clean, no sign of bed bugs! For the price, because the room was fine, I stuck it out for the week but definitely wouldn't go back. All in all very disappointing basis what the reviews were. It was acceptable but certainly not on par with places like a Hampton Inn or Courtyard. There did seem to be a lot of truck drivers, railroad workers and other hard workers there- since they don't tend to be quite as fussy as some of is, that may account for the number of very good reviews. After busting your back all day, I'm sure a comfortable bed and good price are all that's required. One other thing that turned me off is that the elderly couple trying to get a room on the first floor was told there was not a single room available except on the second floor. There was about 10 cars in the entire parking lot and this hotel had to have had at least 60-80 rooms on first floor. Maybe they are undergoing remodels or something but no explanation was given except "I couldn't give you a room on the first floor even if I wanted to, nothing is available." On even the busiest night that week, I'd say the hotel couldn't have been more than 40-50% occupied. My average rating is because there clearly are lots worse hotels one could stay at- in this specific class of hotel, I'd really rank this below average.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank HerefordGal
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed here because we got a good discount. I guess this place is good for a night and our rate was ok, but that's where the positives end. The staff was nice, but not all that attentive. When you walk in the lobby looks like an early 90's motel. Very dated.

We were given a room along the back edge of the hotel, so we drove around and got in the back door with our room key. The room was OLD. Very little has been done to this property lately. The bathroom was old with paint chipped and grout really nasty looking. Everything looked cheap. Cleanliness was ok. The a/c didn't work well. Even though set on 64, it never cooled well and never shut off.

We had a couple of other little problems. I ran out to my car to get something and when I tried to get back in, my key card wouldn't work. So, I had to walk the entire length of the building to the main entrance and then back to my room.

Overall, you can do much better.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank weluvtheocean1986
Scarborough, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

I stay in this hotel 2x a week 50 weeks a year. I drive tractor trailer and work at night so need a good DAY's sleep. The hotel and their staff work hard to ensure I have a hot and tasty breakfast and that I have an undisturbed day's sleep. Emily, the manager, and her entire staff are cordial and welcoming. They are serious about the quality of service that they deliver to their guests.

Room Tip: Let the Staff know if you have any particular needs....for example...I NEED to sleep in the daytime...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GregnKaren
Emilyinalbany, Manager at BEST WESTERN Albany Airport Inn, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

I would like to start off by thanking you for taking the time to share the personal experiences you have had at our property. We understand that each guest who stays at our property has specific needs and it is our goal to make sure each guest feels right at home while staying with us. Considering the number of times you stay here throughout the year it is almost like your home away from home and that is exactly the feeling we want all our guests to have. Our hotel staff appreciates your loyalty to our property and we thank you for allowing us to take care of you while you travel through Albany for work.

At your service,
Emily
Washingtonville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Recently my family and I were attending a family wedding in Schenectady and chose this hotel for its location . As it was a Friday afternoon ceremony we needed to have early check in to prepare as we had a 2hr ride from home. We also needed to have three rooms, which is not easy to have ready before 1pm for check in. The manager, Emily and her staff were most accomodating in doing the best that could be done to allow us to have a room to get ready in. The motel is on the older side, but they are renovating and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The full hot breakfast was great !! For the price this is a good value and my family and I would definetly return and also recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Camp Hill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I was traveling on Labor Day weekend without advanced reservations. What was I thinking? Just before leaving I found this motel near the airport in Albany. I changed plans and used it as a base of travel instead of a one night stop. That worked well for travel in the Upper Hudson area. I usually do not like areas with mall strips but this area felt different. There were a number of non-chain restaurants in the area. It was convenient to I-87 and major local highways. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was quite good. Best bagels I have had outside of New York City. There were lots of items to eat and they changed(I was there three days). The bar/restaurant could use a little help. The staff was friendly but one person could not wait on the bar and the tables.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo