“Last minute stay, adequate and well located”

Best Western Albany Airport Inn
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here for one night in March after our flight was cancelled due to inclement weather. The hotel has cookies up front (nice touch). There is a shuttle that runs from the airport and starts early in the am. Also, the rooms are a nice size and the bathroom had adequate amenities. There is a bar/restaurant on site. The bar is fine and they might give you 2for1 drink coupons when you check in but stay away from the food. We were stuck onsite due to weather so I took a chance and ate there, worst cheesesteak I have ever had and the service was slow and pretty terrible. To their defense, the hotel was suddenly slammed due to a lot of flights cancelled so I am sure they were not prepared.

Check in and out was quick and the shuttle took us to airport in am.

The hotel has a pool, we did not use but it looked nice and i think it even had a handicap lift.

Overall I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Emilyinalbany, Manager at Best Western Albany Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

To our valued guest from Miami:

Thank you for reviewing our property! I apologize for the experience you had at our on-site restaurant and lounge, there is no excuse for rushed service no matter how many patrons are in our facility and I’m sorry to hear that your meal was not enjoyable. I am happy to know that your morning ran smoothly with our Express Check Out and Complimentary Shuttle Service to the Airport. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to speak about your stay, and if you return to the Albany area, I would love to show you what our restaurant has to offer.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Albany Airport Inn

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel prior to our early morning flight. The staff was great helping us get take out food for dinner. The shuttle to the airport and the long term parking was such a plus. The room was just okay but the price was right . A real bargin, would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Brenda,

I would like to thank you for reviewing your stay at the Best Western Albany Airport Inn. We would love to have you back if you do return to the Albany Area. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly to discuss your stay further, your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.

At your service,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Hotel was clean with a VERY comfortable bed. Good value and very close to the airport. I had to make a quick run to NY to visit family and this hotel was a good bargin. It's a little dated but very comfortable. I'd stay here again as it's just around the corner from the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Timothy,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our property. At the Best Western Albany Airport Inn, we pride ourselves on our Customer Service and cleanliness. I am glad to hear you had such an enjoyable experience at our hotel, your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.

Please do not hesitate to contact us when you return to the area, we would love to see you again!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Hotel has many amenities and is an excellent value for the price. It is becoming an older hotel, but is well kept. If you are not looking for somewhere glamorous, this hotel will work very nicely. I have made the hotel my primary place to stay while on business in Albany. Excellent location for going just about anywhere in the Capitol District.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

What can I say - its a motel, its cheap and strangely ok. The rooms are reasonably clean, theres parking, a fridge, a working TV and a bar that is open most of the time. Standard motel fare breakfast is included - coffee, sometimes eggs, bread, yogurt, etc. Located at the far end of Wolf Road (the end closest to the airport) with not much close by. Recommend a burger and a beer at JT Maxies next door. All in all a bit run down - but at this price - its ok. What makes it strangely appealing is the staff – from the reception, the shuttle driver and even the character (the name eludes me now) manning the bar. All friendly, helpful and easy going. If I had to layover here again (and I was here for best part of a week) would have no hesitation in checking in again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HansR66
Reviewed 7 April 2014

For the same cost as the park and ride you can sleep near the airport and take their shuttle. I highly recommend it. Negative is there is no elevator to the second floor, but the person will help with your bags. Friendly staff, clean basic rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2014

convenient , good amenities, excellent breakfast, decent price, looking a bit dated in décor cold use sprucing up--the wall of "ears" is comical to me, carpet should be replaced, but a good value and service. Needs to clean up the blowing trash in the back though.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to provide our property with your review. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary Full Hot Breakfast Buffet, as well as the convenience of our location. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you return to the Albany area, we hope to see you again!