“There are better places in town!”

Best Western Albany Airport Inn
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband laid down on the bed for 5 minutes on the bed and a few minutes later he found three bites on his wrist. We assumed the worse and got out of there as soon as possible.

The hallways are dirty and musty. The hotel needs a good scrub top to bottom.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Emilyinalbany, Manager at Best Western Albany Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2014

To our valued guest from Hamilton:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at our property as well as apologize on behalf of our entire team that your stay did not exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly to discuss your stay further. Your business is important to us and we value your feedback.

At your service,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed at The Best Western at Albany a International a Airport part night. Fiendly staff and early shuttle were positives. Under no circumstance take a room at the rear of the building. It's a convoluted trek to get there and the rear rooms overlooking the Northway. I got almost no sleep as the semis roaring along the highway sounded like they were in the room next door. Shame on them for not putting double glass found insulated windows in these rear rooms.

Room Tip: Stay in inner courtyard rooms only.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank travelhoundoutbound

To our valued guest from New York:

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at our property. I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire team that your stay did not exceed your expectations. Please contact me at the hotel directly to discuss your stay further. Your business is important to us and we value your feedback.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Clean rooms, good breakfast, close to everything, and all the employees are super helpful and nice. I recommend staying here. Has a pool, and restaurant on site. I haven't eaten there yet but it looks nice. Comfy bedrooms and pillows.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Emilyinalbany, Manager at Best Western Albany Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2014

Dear Balinda L,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and your feedback on our staff! I’m glad to hear your stay was enjoyable. Our location on Wolf Road is definitely one of the most convenient places to be in the Albany area, within minutes of over 50 restaurants and two major shopping centers. Maybe next time you’re in the Albany area, you’ll have the opportunity to eat at our restaurant or have a drink in the lounge!

At your service,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

An old hotel in a good location. The room rate was low compared to other hotels in the area. That should have been a warning. The rooms while neat, were not appealing. The furniture (chair) was stained as well as the carpet.
The bathroom was mostly clean, but the tile floors and tub area could have used a thorough cleaning, much discoloration.
The hotel corridors smelled musty.
I wouldn't return to this property.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
1  Thank RUnice

To our valued guest from Tinton Falls, NJ:

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at our property. I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire team that your stay did not exceed your expectations. Please contact me at the hotel directly to discuss your stay further; I would like to find out which room you experienced these issues in, in order to have them addressed for future guests, as well as make things right with you. Your business is important to us and we value your feedback.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel is a few years old and can show it at times. Despite that everything was clean, the staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast was pretty good and plentiful. The location to all the local restaurants and shopping was great

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Raymond D,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our Full Hot Breakfast Buffet! Thank you for sharing your experience, your feedback is important to us. Please feel free to contact us if you return to the Albany area, we would love to see you again!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel and staff were excellent, but the air conditioner in the room was so noisy that it was difficult to sleep. Everything else was fine, and the location and price were both good. I stay in various hotels for business, and I have found that the main difference is in the quality of the heating and cooling system in the rooms. This generally seems to be an afterthought in the design of a hotel, but in my eyes it is one of the key items that makes the difference between a satisfactory stay or a relatively sleepless stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

To our valued guest from Holmdel, NJ:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Please contact me at the hotel directly to discuss your stay further; I would like to find out which room you experienced this issue in, in order to make certain our future guests do have have the same experience, as well as make things right with you. Your business is important to us and we value your feedback.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed ha a group but only review for myself my usually not that critical but I need to say the staff not a problem the breakfast buffet not a problem the hotel in general needs a face lift the carpet the plumbing needs work I had to call the front desk our bath tub was not draining no problem with the service or staff they were they're within minutes, but I think it needs a lot of work I would past this one.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Emilyinalbany, Manager at Best Western Albany Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at our property. I would like to apologize on behalf of our entire staff that your stay did not exceed your expectations. Please contact me directly, I would like to find out what room in the hotel you experienced these issues, to make things right with you, as well as make certain our future guests do not run into similar experiences you encountered.