“Great food”

Dining options: Takeout
Albany, New York
“Great food”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

One of the best BBQ places in the area, certainly better than Dinosaur. I always used to get the pulled pork but then I tried the brisket and that's all I order now, it's great. They have a lot of choices for sides and they are all great as well. And they give you cornbread with some sort of honeybutter that's phenomenal. I wouldn't call the prices a bargain but you get alot of good food.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Gehoff

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ in the area”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have gone to all of the local bbq joints within 20 miles of here, troy, latham,saratoga, schenectady and the flavor here is the best, i have gone out of my way to eat here

• Visited November 2013
Connecticut
“Tasty meat, but not perfect”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

On a recent visit to Albany, I had the Okie pulled pork sandwich. The delicious sauce had a little spice kick in addition to the sweetness, but the sauce overwhelmed the meat taste. The mac and cheese wasn't very good. It was gummy and too rich to finish, without having much real cheese taste. I'd go back, however, to try the other dishes. There are several regional styles of BBQ from which to choose.

• Visited September 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A taste of the South”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Enjoyed getting a taste of each of the styles of sauce on the pulled pork before ordering. The pork was succulent, and the 3 types of sauce enabled each of us to get exactly what we liked. The rolls the sandwiches were served on were fabulous! We each got the mashed sweet potatoes for a side, which was a bit too much sweet potato. Wished we'd each gotten a different one and shared.

Visited July 2013
Malta, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good & Bad, feel ripped off on the brisket”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I no longer eat there. Used to stop there every time we got to Albany. Got two takeout orders of brisket, this time, sides are as good as always, flavor is great, but we both had unacceptably large chunks of fat in our brisket...and we LIKE it fattier, not lean. But it was waaaay too high a % of fat...some pieces more fat than meat.

Not at these prices for brisket.

Everything else is usually very good, though.

• Visited July 2012