“Extraordinary Restaurant!”
Review of Angelo's 677 Prime

Angelo's 677 Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Angelo's 677 Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 696 Restaurants in Albany
Price range: US$31 - US$85
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Orange Street
Description: A fine dining steakhouse restaurant with upscale ambiance perfect for everything from a romantic dinner to a business luncheon, and a second floor set of three banquet rooms perfect for business meetings or an intimate wedding, Angelo's 677 Prime is a premier destination for all of your dining occasions.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Prices are not for the faint of heart but well worth the exquisite choices, the presentation, the service, and the atmosphere. Best recommendations: French Onion Soup, Roasted Oysters, and King Salmon. My husband tried the nightly special, Monkfish Cheeks....yes, you read it correctly....Monkfish Cheeks. It was unusual, tasty, and something for the adventurous palate. The back-lit menu is a pleasant surprise and makes it so easy to read without straining your eyes in the low-key lighting dining rooms. Our servers were extremely knowledgeable and solicitous without being "in your face." Because parking in downtown Albany can be hairy on nights when the Times Union Center, the Palace Theatre, and Capital Rep are open, the easy valet parking for $5 is really a bonafide bargain! Angelo's 677 Prime is like one of the big name restaurants you'll find in Manhattan or DC. It's a "special occasion" place that makes every celebration even more special....and it's right here in your own backyard.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were guests of friends for a celebration dinner (party of 4). This restaurant is beyond my husband's and my budget so we were over-the-moon when our friends surprised us with dinner at this beautiful restaurant.
First off, the decor is lovely and comfortable. White linens, dark wood paneling and soft lighting gave this place distinction and a welcoming feel. Valet service was quick and polite (if you drive a Lexus parking and dessert are free!). The staff was welcoming and friendly; if you're not used to high-end dining, they'll put you at ease very quickly. The waiter quickly and quietly set a small, black satin hassock between us two ladies to set our purses upon. Loved that!
The menus were large in size and back-lit when opened. We ordered a bottle of wine, which was properly decanted before served (when was the last time I saw a waiter do that....oh...never!). One chili lobster appetizer was ordered for the table and sharing was made easy and gracious by the provision and instruction on the use of serving utensils to the hostess at our table. Classy touch and a good lesson to lessor restaurants who get all uptight and charge extra for plate-sharing. The chili lobster was perfectly cooked and dressed with a creamy chili spiced sauce...some heat on the tongue that lasted just long enough.
We each had salads. I had the 677 chopped...very good with bleu cheese. Husband had the baby romaine Caesar and said it was the best he'd ever had.
I had the 14 oz bone-in filet of beef. 677 Prime is know for their beef and this did not disappoint in any way. Very thick cut with just enough fat...oh it was dreamy! Beefy and tender and perfectly medium-rare. My friend had salmon with tomato jam and heirloom tomatoes. I tried a piece and was almost sorry I hadn't ordered that instead of my steak...almost. The salmon was perfectly cooked, velvety and buttery with a tangy tomato jam on top. We had lobster potatoes to accompany and one order was enough for four of us. Very rich and fully flavored with lobster broth.
Dessert was the Cookie Cart, plenty and more for the four of us. So much fun to have it served in a mini-shopping cart (a la carte?) with a pint of milk. Hot, fresh yummy cookies...choco chip, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin and more, along with a pot of hot chocolate for dipping. Oh. My. Word!
Service was so good, so friendly but unobtrusive. This guy really just wanted to serve and support a great meal. Perfect, perfect, perfect. Expensive but truthfully not overly so. It was truly worth every last penny.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I've been here a few times for business dinner. Steak, seafood, salad or dessert; anything I had were carefully prepared with delicacy.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Widely renowned for its steaks, 677 Prime is one of downtown Albany's sophisticated venues. Service is exquisite, presentation is extraordinary and food is delicious. My favorite, though, was the milk and cookies for dessert!

1  Thank Donna W
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is top notch fine dining. The service, food choices and quality is impeccable! Well worth the price. Absolutely delicious!

1  Thank chris m