“Good hotel”

Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Puerto Rico
“Good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

From December 29 to 30. Very clean hotel, clean room and quite. Have a fire place in the lobby and TV. Have a Laundromat with the basic. The mornig breakfast was OK. Only one night stay but is a good hotel for staying much longer. Near a big mall and the expressway.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our property to be clean and convenient. I hope the next time you travel to our area you are able to stay with us a bit longer. Please let us know if we can be of any future assistance.

Carrie Friello

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Buffalo, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Arrived late to be greeted by a very friendly front desk manager. That was the best part. Room was decent, except walls were paper thin so that we could hear cell phones and loud guests in the next room. Some crazy loud siren rang out about 3am, which might have been the fire station across the street. Breakfast was awful. They ran out of many of the selections, stale bread, no where to sit, etc. we went to the pool instead and the kids had fun there but it was very tiny. Not up to marriott standards. Lucky it was just for one night.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the SpringHill Suites Albany. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with noise at our property. The load alarm you heard was the fire department across the street and I am sorry it disrupted you. I am unsure when you stayed but we should never run out of anything on the breakfast buffet; I will certainly bring this to the attention of the kitchen staff. I sincerely appreciate your feedback as it can only make us better at what we do. I hope you will give us another try should your travels bring you back to the Albany area.

SpringHill Suites
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here overnight on our way out of town, and were not expecting much, but were pleasantly surprised! Though it was a busy night with a steady stream of guests arriving at the same time as us, the front desk staff were unfazed and kept things moving efficiently. The lobby and common areas were spotless, as was our room. I was pleased to find a small living area (couch, sofa, coffee table) along with a fridge and microwave. All of the latter were handily separated from the bedroom, such that it was easy for people in one section to talk, watch TV, etc without disturbing those in the other section much. Beds were very snug and comfortable-we slept like logs and woke up refreshed. Noise and light from the street & other rooms was virtually nonexistent.The price was very reasonable. Location was perfect: the hotel is just off of a large main street, which gives the benefit of convenience/proximity to everything and quiet at the same time. The area was well lit and felt safe. Morning breakfast buffet was the usual American spread, with a few hot items (eggs, bacon) and an assortment of cereal, breads, bagels and packaged-type baked goods-nothing fancy, but certainly adequate.
I actually ended up wishing we were staying longer, it was so cozy, and would definitely stay here again! It would make a nice base to explore Albany from!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear we were "a pleasant surprise" for you! I look forward to sharing your comments with my front desk team as well as the rest of our staff who work so hard to ensure our guests have similar experiences as you did. I hope the next time you travel to Albany you'll get to stay with us for a few more nights. Please let us know if we can be of any future assistance.

Glens Falls, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Just love staying here on business. Staff is friendly and helpful. After 1 stay they know you by name. Breakfast and parking included. Rooms are mini-suites with lots of room. Fitness center and pool are in great condition. I also use this property for meetings and the sales manager is great to deal with. Great location close to airport with shuttle and right off 87.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a review expressing your experiences at our propery. Our Director of Sales, Corinne Whitlow, is happy to be of service. We do our best to ensure every guest feels like they are being welcomed "home" when staying at our hotel. Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of any future assistance. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Considering there is slim picking here in Albany, we found this hotel to be rather good. The rooms were well-maintained and the common areas were clean and cheerful. We did notice a rather faint smell of cigarette smoke when the fans were on in the bathroom, but luckily this didn't spread to the sleeping area. Like many people have commented on before, the bathroom is split into two rooms, one for the shower and another for the toilet. This was definitely an odd set-up for a hotel room, but it sufficed.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Albany. I am so sorry that your bathroom smelled like cigarettes; where as we are a smoke free hotel we do have the occasional rule-breaker. For future reference if this ever happens, please let us know so we can get you in to a more suitable room. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in the Albany area.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Stayed her over the holidays with my family for one night and this hotel is fantastic. Shari at the front desk was outstanding and friendly. She took the time to make sure we got adjoining rooms on the same floor. I appreciate that. The hotel is in very good condition, it as a beautiful pool and fitness room. The breakfast was very good. It is weel located to the malls and restaurants.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am delighted that Shuri was able to assist you and your family in getting rooms together. I have already shared your comments with Shuri and you made her day! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for two nights on our way home from New York city. We have stayed in Albany before in other hotels and I think we will be returning to those in the future. We checked in to a very inviting and friendly desk person who called to our room to see if everything was ok, which is not too usual and a very nice gesture. When we checked in he told us the hotel was pretty empty yet it seemed that all the guests that were there were on the same floor right next to each other for some reason. The room was a very large room with a seating area on one side with a couch a sitting chair a desk and a small area with a mini fridge and coffee maker. The TV swivels so you can watch from this area or from the bed. At the foot of the bed was a small room with a sliding door with the toilet and a sink and next to that was another room a little larger with a nice size shower and a sink also with a sliding door. For those of you who like your privacy in this area forget it, it won't happen here, married or not some of us still like to have privacy.... for those who like to get ready at the same time you will find this useful I imagine. One morning I heard a couple of planes taking off and the next morning I heard noise from the street as our room faced the street instead of the rear. The heater in this room was quite loud when it came on and might be disturbing to those who are light sleepers.

The breakfast was included but was not as plentiful as I have had at other Marriott properties or at other hotels I stayed in. The first morning there was a waffle maker some toast, bagels and cold cereal, with some eggs and bacon, the next morning the waffles were gone and nothing took its place.

As clean and large as the room was, on my next visit I will return to another property where I have a quieter visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear of the hotel, it might be a little quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I apologize that you found the room to be noisy. If you choose to stay with us again please request a room facing the back of the building as we certainly want you to get rest while you are with us. Our breakfast buffet changes from weekday to weekend. On the weekends we have make your own waffles available and on the weekdays we have fresh sliced meats and cheeses, fresh strawberries and hard boiled eggs; just to mix it up a bit. I do hope you will give us another try should your travels bring you back to the Albany area. Please feel free to contact us directly if we can be of any assistance. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.

SpringHill Suites~Albany