“Love The Staff!”

Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Plattsburgh, New York
“Love The Staff!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Fantastic location, fantastic staff, great rooms and great price! The Front Desk staff are great! I am welcomed with a big smile and called by name making my check-in very quick and friendly. Unfortunately I've left behind items on a couple of occasions and the staff always finds the item (flat iron, clothing, work materials) and returns them with a grin.

Room Tip: Great restaurants are close and the front desk staff are well versed no matter what you palette desi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I am so happy that our staff makes you feel welcome each time you stay with us and is able to locate and return any items you've left behind! We look forward to your next stay with us.
Carrie Friello

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Oswego, New York
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We have been in several hotels in Albany in the past and this is by far my favorite. We were here twice in one week: once before flying out and the other a week later when we flew back in to Albany. Both visits were great. The hotel is clean, the staff very courteous and the food great. Both rooms were very spotless and the beds nice and soft. We had good internet coverage. The staff was very accommodating allowing us a late check-out when we arrived at 2 a.m. from a late flight. I really appreciated their breakfasts as they seemed better than most continental breakfasts I have had in other hotels. The orange juice wasn't overly sweet and syrupy while they included fresh fruit. The location near the Colonie Mall provided numerous places to eat. I also found the hotel very quiet and peaceful (probably because we stayed on weekdays rather than weekends when sports teams seem to occupy many hotels). I wish it was closer to the airport (3 miles) but it's not that bad a drive. We will be back here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stays at our property. I am pleased that our hotel provided just what you needed as a stop on your way out and back in to town. I hope that the next time your travels bring you to our area you'll have the opportunity to stay with us longer. I look forward to sharing your comments with my entire staff including breakfast and housekeeping. Please let us know if we can be of any future assistance.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I booked this hotel because it was ranked number one here. Maybe it was ranked number one because of the service which was impeccable but a clean room is the most important thing to me. I will not be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank artsy4491
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Guest,
I am so sorry that our room did not meet your cleanliness standards and assure you that is not the norm for our property. If you would like to contact me directly I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the problems you experienced. I hope you would give us another try should your travels bring you back to the Albany area.

Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2014

When you are traveling for business, family crisis, or vacation your top priority is a safe, clean, and equipped place to conduct your business if you need to. This is the place, is about 2 or 3 miles from the airport but it off Central Ave. across from Fuller Rd which gets you to Rt. 90 (Mass Pike), or take a right and you can get on 87 to upper state. There is a great place to eat next store and you can walk to it. A gas station as you leave to fill your car up before going back to air port and about 2 blocks from the main shopping mall Colonie Center with lots of places to eat a movie theater and stores like Macy's. I had to do a lot of business at the court building for 3 days and only put 47 miles on my car.
I met up with a friend from Long Island to throw a little friend time with business and she could not believe the accommodations, Secure Wi-Fi included with room also hotspots down stairs. Computer and printer downstairs. The room had a sitting area with desk and plugs for all our gadgets without pulling the beds out or unplugging a light. A microwave and refrigerator. large tv HBO disney channels You can also enjoy a Hot & cold Breakfast; Juices , Sausage plus vegetarian sausage, Cooked oatmeal as well as instant, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, cold cuts plus all the breads and cereal and yogurts. There is also a beverage station available 24/7 if you’re downstairs as well as coffee maker, supplies in room.
Most important the staff. The front desk with Michael at night and Latoya and Miss Mary cleaning your room and all the other front staff members whose names, I’m sorry I can’t remember but deserve the highest praise. They rate higher than excellent. Marriott still gets the best people and food service marks.
I have been staying in hotels since my first regional manager job in 1978 as a business traveler I took for granted excellent accommodations, service, friendly staff and employees that made their hotel the one you only stayed at when you were in town. Over the years traveling on the road has so much stress and those little kindnesses from staff and a comfortable safe place to stay are unfortunately hard to find. In closing thank you staff @the Springhill Marriot I found my home away from home.

Room Tip: if you want to add your family the 2 queen beds and pull out will work. and breakfast is right in ho...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to post such an awesome review about our property! Our associates work so hard to ensure every guest has a similar experience to yours and they don't always get the appreciation expressed to them by the guests. I am so excited to share your comments with my entire team! I am delighted that we were able to provide you with just what you needed in a hotel while travelling the the Albany area. We hope you will get the opportunity to stay with us again. If we can be of any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

New York
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was greeted upon arrival by a warm and friendly staff , they even inquired to my floor preference , after filling me in on all the specifics the young man who checked me in extended his hand as a friendly hand shake welcome .
My room was clean , and fresh , all rooms seem to be suites with shower stalls as opposed to standing in a tub I like the shower stalls over a slippery tub any day . Very modern rooms.
The complimentary breakfast was good and staff very friendly , I had an overnight stay which is my 8 th stay in Albany at different hotels , this place is the best and will be my regular spot to stay from now on .
Good job to all at Springhill suites !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our property. I look forward to sharing your comments with our entire team as they truly work hard to ensure every guest has an experience like you did. I am delighted you have decided to make us your home away from home when travelling to the Albany area. If we can be of any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Puerto Rico
Reviewed 10 January 2014

From December 29 to 30. Very clean hotel, clean room and quite. Have a fire place in the lobby and TV. Have a Laundromat with the basic. The mornig breakfast was OK. Only one night stay but is a good hotel for staying much longer. Near a big mall and the expressway.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am glad you found our property to be clean and convenient. I hope the next time you travel to our area you are able to stay with us a bit longer. Please let us know if we can be of any future assistance.

Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Arrived late to be greeted by a very friendly front desk manager. That was the best part. Room was decent, except walls were paper thin so that we could hear cell phones and loud guests in the next room. Some crazy loud siren rang out about 3am, which might have been the fire station across the street. Breakfast was awful. They ran out of many of the selections, stale bread, no where to sit, etc. we went to the pool instead and the kids had fun there but it was very tiny. Not up to marriott standards. Lucky it was just for one night.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the SpringHill Suites Albany. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with noise at our property. The load alarm you heard was the fire department across the street and I am sorry it disrupted you. I am unsure when you stayed but we should never run out of anything on the breakfast buffet; I will certainly bring this to the attention of the kitchen staff. I sincerely appreciate your feedback as it can only make us better at what we do. I hope you will give us another try should your travels bring you back to the Albany area.

SpringHill Suites