“Great value”

SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel and rooms were clean, service attentive, and a great value for the price and area. Hotel is not far from SUNY Albany, Several Shoping Centers (Crossgates Mall, Colonie Mall, and Stuyvesant Plaza). It is a short car ride the the State Capital, the Egg, and State office buildings.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NYTraveler051
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I am glad your stay was enjoyable and that you found our location to be ideal. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotel is very clean, when i was checking in I was given a room upgrage without even asking for one. The room was nice and clean and the bed was so comfortable. The breakfast was better than average with the eating area being kinda small

I would stay again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your upgraded room and our breakfast buffet. I hope you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Albany area.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Hotel made a mistake on my receipt when I checked out. The rate was listed on the receipt at $169 but they charged me $199 for 2 nights. When I questioned this, the front desk clerk said she made a mistake and will credit my credit card the $60. She gave me a new receipt and I left. They then went back and charged my credit card $199 a night for two nights. I called the hotel and spoke with the manager who said it should have been $199. I told her my rate says $169 and she said that was a mistake. I called Marriott customer service who told me that the $169 rate was if I stayed that night. Who puts the rate for the night you are NOT staying on the receipt??? I disputed this charge with my credit card company. The hotel manager was very rude and I think this amounts to credit card fraud. You cannot bill me for something after I have left your establishment with a receipt. Marriott customer service was very unhelpful and made excuse after excuse as to why they overcharged me. Finally he just said, "Well, we have to stand by our branches." Terrible experience. I will never stay at a Marriott Hotel again.

1  Thank mom036
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I apologize for the confusion surrounding the rates your group of rooms was booked at; I know if can be confusing when the rates change during your stay. This particular set of rooms was booked by one person who was aware that the rates were higher for Friday and Saturday nights than Sunday night; I can only offer an apology if this was not conveyed to you by the person who made your reservations. I do hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights while traveling with our grandson. It is very clean and perfect for three people. The breakfast buffet is good and well maintained. They are constantly bringing out fresh food. The staff is very friendly. The pool is a disappointment. It is very small and the area has limited seating. There is an outdoor patio with lounge chairs. But, if you are watching children swimming, you need to be indoors with them. The hotel is near many restaurants and route I87.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our property. I am delighted you were able to enjoy our breakfast buffet. I do hope you will choose to stay wtih us again should you return to the Albany area.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Well, if the hotels in Albany weren't sold out I would not stay here another day. There was a blood stain (small) on the white comforter. I called and asked for it to be replaced. Two guys came in wearing rubber gloves and literally threw the 'new' clean quilt on the bed (did not make it) and took the old one; I showed them the small but obvious tan blood colored type blood stain which was near the edge of the top of the quilt. There was also no 'do not disturb sign'. After looking over , it was clear the floor had not been vacuumed. They fixed this while I was out for 3 hours and after I asked, but ick. Having just stayed in a smilar Marriott hotel in PA 3 days ago this room has a worse layout, less helpful bedside lighting, lacks attention to detail. Most unlikely to stay here again since these basic issues should not be a problem. On the bright side was no mold in the shower.

Room Tip: Look before you stay
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RocFamily
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us and sharing your experience with the SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie.

You indicated in your response that the cleanliness of your guest room was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. I assure you we have already taken the appropriate measures to ensure this does not happen again.

If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Carrie F

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed at this hotel for one night to do some business in Albany. From check in to check out everything was great. The front desk was quick and personable upon check in. The hotel was spotless, rooms were large and clean. The pool, although small, was again clean and well maintained. The continental breakfast far exceeded many I had experienced before. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great deal.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our property. I am delighted that you found our rooms to be clean, comfortable and a great value. I hope you will choose to stay with us again should your travels return you to the Albany area!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I love this hotel. I will be back to Albany in a couple of weeks and this is where I'm staying. The rooms are comfortable and decorated nice in a contemporary style. The personnel are friendly and helpful. I'm a silver elite with marriott and this is the best marriott brand in Albany.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ed S
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie was enjoyable.