“Third time and great at always!”

SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Albany
New Haven, Connecticut
“Third time and great at always!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Our third time at Springhill Suites with great service, terrific efficient staff and good breakfast. Rooms were good and clean as usual. We really like staying here and are disappointed that there are no rooms available for our next upcoming weekend in Albany.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I'm delighted that you find our hotel perfect for your needs when travelling to the Albany area. Keep trying for that next date you're looking to come in, something may open up! We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Carrie F.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Forest Park, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Marriott Platinum member review:

I have traveled to Albany consistently all year and have had the opportunity to try many of the Marriott properties in the Albany area. The staff here was fantastic and I can't say enough about the politeness and enthusiasm that they have when talking to their guests. The staff would be a reason to stay just for their kindness alone.

I might be a one off on the rooms as I had a extremely dirty room with an odd design. My shower was dirty with another person's hair throughout when I got to the hotel and the water that was laid out for guests was already drank and left there without the maid replacing and providing a new bottle. The staff was fantastic about dealing with them, but it's hard to make up for getting into a shower only to realize that you are already surrounded by a fur rug on the walls.

2 Thank Derek D
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I am terribly sorry to hear of these problems you experienced in your room during your recent stay with us. I assure you this is not the norm at our property and I am taking the necessary actions to ensure another guest does not have the same experience as you did.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

518-724-7999
Highand Mills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel and rooms were clean, service attentive, and a great value for the price and area. Hotel is not far from SUNY Albany, Several Shoping Centers (Crossgates Mall, Colonie Mall, and Stuyvesant Plaza). It is a short car ride the the State Capital, the Egg, and State office buildings.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NYTraveler051
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I am glad your stay was enjoyable and that you found our location to be ideal. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotel is very clean, when i was checking in I was given a room upgrage without even asking for one. The room was nice and clean and the bed was so comfortable. The breakfast was better than average with the eating area being kinda small

I would stay again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your upgraded room and our breakfast buffet. I hope you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Albany area.

ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Hotel made a mistake on my receipt when I checked out. The rate was listed on the receipt at $169 but they charged me $199 for 2 nights. When I questioned this, the front desk clerk said she made a mistake and will credit my credit card the $60. She gave me a new receipt and I left. They then went back and charged my credit card $199 a night for two nights. I called the hotel and spoke with the manager who said it should have been $199. I told her my rate says $169 and she said that was a mistake. I called Marriott customer service who told me that the $169 rate was if I stayed that night. Who puts the rate for the night you are NOT staying on the receipt??? I disputed this charge with my credit card company. The hotel manager was very rude and I think this amounts to credit card fraud. You cannot bill me for something after I have left your establishment with a receipt. Marriott customer service was very unhelpful and made excuse after excuse as to why they overcharged me. Finally he just said, "Well, we have to stand by our branches." Terrible experience. I will never stay at a Marriott Hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mom036
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the confusion surrounding the rates your group of rooms was booked at; I know if can be confusing when the rates change during your stay. This particular set of rooms was booked by one person who was aware that the rates were higher for Friday and Saturday nights than Sunday night; I can only offer an apology if this was not conveyed to you by the person who made your reservations. I do hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights while traveling with our grandson. It is very clean and perfect for three people. The breakfast buffet is good and well maintained. They are constantly bringing out fresh food. The staff is very friendly. The pool is a disappointment. It is very small and the area has limited seating. There is an outdoor patio with lounge chairs. But, if you are watching children swimming, you need to be indoors with them. The hotel is near many restaurants and route I87.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our property. I am delighted you were able to enjoy our breakfast buffet. I do hope you will choose to stay wtih us again should you return to the Albany area.
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Well, if the hotels in Albany weren't sold out I would not stay here another day. There was a blood stain (small) on the white comforter. I called and asked for it to be replaced. Two guys came in wearing rubber gloves and literally threw the 'new' clean quilt on the bed (did not make it) and took the old one; I showed them the small but obvious tan blood colored type blood stain which was near the edge of the top of the quilt. There was also no 'do not disturb sign'. After looking over , it was clear the floor had not been vacuumed. They fixed this while I was out for 3 hours and after I asked, but ick. Having just stayed in a smilar Marriott hotel in PA 3 days ago this room has a worse layout, less helpful bedside lighting, lacks attention to detail. Most unlikely to stay here again since these basic issues should not be a problem. On the bright side was no mold in the shower.

Room Tip: Look before you stay
1 Thank RocFamily
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us and sharing your experience with the SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie.

You indicated in your response that the cleanliness of your guest room was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. I assure you we have already taken the appropriate measures to ensure this does not happen again.

If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Carrie F