SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie
US$155
  • Pool
US$145
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstoilet sinkdesk areafront desktiny poollollipopssitting areagas stationsofa bedshower areasoccer tournamentyogurtcentral avehot and cold itemsfree breakfastbottled waterlake georgerooms are spacious
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here for two nights in August 2014 for a business trip in the area. The hotel rooms are fresh and clean. It is one of the newer-styled Springhills with a separate powder room and shower room. This makes for a nice, airy room layout. The mattress was also foam, which gets high marks in my book. Based on the comfortable bed, I expected a good night's sleep. What I didn't expect was the noise from the hall to come through the door, as if there was no door at all. I'm in a hotel to sleep-- my main expectation is that I am able to sleep. Fortunately a white-noise-generating cell phone app allowed for the requisite shut-eye. In the morning, I stopped by the breakfast bar. In a word, I would call it "uninspired." Usually, Springhills have breakfast spreads that are a slight cut above a Fairfield and on-par with a Holiday Inn Express. Both mornings, I was presented with the same industrially-produced eggs and tired-looking sausage patties. The breakfast was also only open starting at 6:30 AM, which is rapidly becoming my newest business hotel pet peeve. Trying to stuff food into your face and then rushing out the door to make it to the office in town by 7:00 is unnecessary. For the money that the hotel is saving by having the food out for a half-hour less, they can surely afford losing my business on future trips-- which is exactly what will occur.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our property. I apologize that you were less than excited about our breakfast. We rotate our protein daily and always serve a non pork option in an effort to please all of our guests. If you decide to stay with us again we do typically have some breakfast items available earlier than 6:30 for our early risers. Feel free to contact the hotel if you wish to discuss your experience further. Your feedback is greatly appreicated.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Our third time at Springhill Suites with great service, terrific efficient staff and good breakfast. Rooms were good and clean as usual. We really like staying here and are disappointed that there are no rooms available for our next upcoming weekend in Albany.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I'm delighted that you find our hotel perfect for your needs when travelling to the Albany area. Keep trying for that next date you're looking to come in, something may open up! We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Marriott Platinum member review:

I have traveled to Albany consistently all year and have had the opportunity to try many of the Marriott properties in the Albany area. The staff here was fantastic and I can't say enough about the politeness and enthusiasm that they have when talking to their guests. The staff would be a reason to stay just for their kindness alone.

I might be a one off on the rooms as I had a extremely dirty room with an odd design. My shower was dirty with another person's hair throughout when I got to the hotel and the water that was laid out for guests was already drank and left there without the maid replacing and providing a new bottle. The staff was fantastic about dealing with them, but it's hard to make up for getting into a shower only to realize that you are already surrounded by a fur rug on the walls.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Derek D
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I am terribly sorry to hear of these problems you experienced in your room during your recent stay with us. I assure you this is not the norm at our property and I am taking the necessary actions to ensure another guest does not have the same experience as you did.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

518-724-7999

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel and rooms were clean, service attentive, and a great value for the price and area. Hotel is not far from SUNY Albany, Several Shoping Centers (Crossgates Mall, Colonie Mall, and Stuyvesant Plaza). It is a short car ride the the State Capital, the Egg, and State office buildings.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NYTraveler051
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I am glad your stay was enjoyable and that you found our location to be ideal. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotel is very clean, when i was checking in I was given a room upgrage without even asking for one. The room was nice and clean and the bed was so comfortable. The breakfast was better than average with the eating area being kinda small

I would stay again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your upgraded room and our breakfast buffet. I hope you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Albany area.