“Time for a remodel”

Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Portland, Oregon
“Time for a remodel”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Staff is great, the location is great but..... It is time for a re-model. The furniture in the rooms is starting to look old. The TV service is inconsistent from room to room. The TV's are inconsistent from room to room. Also, they need to fix the showers. The last 7 or 8 rooms I have had I end up with a big puddle of water on the bathroom floor after I shower. The WiFi has gotten better but sometimes you have to keep signing in for it everyday even though you have previously selected WiFi for a week or 10 days. Also, can you add another washer and dryer? 1 of each for a "long term stay" hotel just doesn't work. Lastly, not sure who owns the driveway coming in but the potholes are awful.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor. No noise that way.
Green Features: They do ask that if you want to save water to re-use your towels.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. We will be going through a renovation towards the end of the year and are very excited for the upgrades in store! Unfortunately, as we are not a long term stay hotel our rooms are not set up for extended stays i.e. full laundry room. Thank you for letting us know about the leaking showers; I assure you we are working towards correcting the issue. If you wish to discuss your experience further please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly.
Carrie F.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Midlothian, VA, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

As a longtime Marriott rewards member, I reserved my room here a couple of days beforehand. After a 9-hour drive, I arrived with a late check-in. The front desk staff was as friendly as staff I've encountered at true "luxury" hotels, and was especially helpful. The room was quiet, very clean, inviting, and convenient to the parking areas. I didn't take in the breakfast, so I can't comment on that. This will be the place that I use on my next trip to upstate New York.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed our property and our staff. I look forward to sharing your comments with our team as we all work so hard to ensure every guest is comfortable and enjoys their stay with us. We look forward to having you stay again. Feel free to contact us directly if we can be of any future assistance.
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here for two nights in August 2014 for a business trip in the area. The hotel rooms are fresh and clean. It is one of the newer-styled Springhills with a separate powder room and shower room. This makes for a nice, airy room layout. The mattress was also foam, which gets high marks in my book. Based on the comfortable bed, I expected a good night's sleep. What I didn't expect was the noise from the hall to come through the door, as if there was no door at all. I'm in a hotel to sleep-- my main expectation is that I am able to sleep. Fortunately a white-noise-generating cell phone app allowed for the requisite shut-eye. In the morning, I stopped by the breakfast bar. In a word, I would call it "uninspired." Usually, Springhills have breakfast spreads that are a slight cut above a Fairfield and on-par with a Holiday Inn Express. Both mornings, I was presented with the same industrially-produced eggs and tired-looking sausage patties. The breakfast was also only open starting at 6:30 AM, which is rapidly becoming my newest business hotel pet peeve. Trying to stuff food into your face and then rushing out the door to make it to the office in town by 7:00 is unnecessary. For the money that the hotel is saving by having the food out for a half-hour less, they can surely afford losing my business on future trips-- which is exactly what will occur.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our property. I apologize that you were less than excited about our breakfast. We rotate our protein daily and always serve a non pork option in an effort to please all of our guests. If you decide to stay with us again we do typically have some breakfast items available earlier than 6:30 for our early risers. Feel free to contact the hotel if you wish to discuss your experience further. Your feedback is greatly appreicated.
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Our third time at Springhill Suites with great service, terrific efficient staff and good breakfast. Rooms were good and clean as usual. We really like staying here and are disappointed that there are no rooms available for our next upcoming weekend in Albany.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I'm delighted that you find our hotel perfect for your needs when travelling to the Albany area. Keep trying for that next date you're looking to come in, something may open up! We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Forest Park, Illinois
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Marriott Platinum member review:

I have traveled to Albany consistently all year and have had the opportunity to try many of the Marriott properties in the Albany area. The staff here was fantastic and I can't say enough about the politeness and enthusiasm that they have when talking to their guests. The staff would be a reason to stay just for their kindness alone.

I might be a one off on the rooms as I had a extremely dirty room with an odd design. My shower was dirty with another person's hair throughout when I got to the hotel and the water that was laid out for guests was already drank and left there without the maid replacing and providing a new bottle. The staff was fantastic about dealing with them, but it's hard to make up for getting into a shower only to realize that you are already surrounded by a fur rug on the walls.

2 Thank Derek D
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I am terribly sorry to hear of these problems you experienced in your room during your recent stay with us. I assure you this is not the norm at our property and I am taking the necessary actions to ensure another guest does not have the same experience as you did.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

518-724-7999
Highand Mills
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel and rooms were clean, service attentive, and a great value for the price and area. Hotel is not far from SUNY Albany, Several Shoping Centers (Crossgates Mall, Colonie Mall, and Stuyvesant Plaza). It is a short car ride the the State Capital, the Egg, and State office buildings.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NYTraveler051
Carrie243, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I am glad your stay was enjoyable and that you found our location to be ideal. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotel is very clean, when i was checking in I was given a room upgrage without even asking for one. The room was nice and clean and the bed was so comfortable. The breakfast was better than average with the eating area being kinda small

I would stay again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your upgraded room and our breakfast buffet. I hope you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Albany area.