“Good hotel for a short stay”

Express Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had a short but good stay at this hotel. The room was quite small (even for just 3 people) but adequately clean. The free breakfast included a nice variety of options. Great location for those passing through for a short stay or those looking to shop and dine around the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tallyho1234

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is an affordable and quite comfortable hotel where we've stayed several times, and will return to again when we come this way. Staff is consistently helpful and friendly, rooms are adequate sized and always comfortable, and the breakfast is OK, with coffee available 24X7. There are loads of restaurants up and down Wolf Rd., with n IHOP just next door - an easy walk if you want a substantial breakfast at a reasonable price. The place is always clean and the chambermaids responsive to requests to clean up while one is at breakfast or to provide extra towels. All in all, a very good place at a good price for this area.

Room Tip: Watch out; you can be a long walk form the desk and front entrance. But there is a "back door...
Reviewed 23 July 2014

For the past 14 years my friend from Vermont and I have met for a "girls night" in the Albany area, so we have had the opportunity to stay at many local hotels. The Comfort Inn is in a fantastic location! Super easy to get to right off of Route 87. There is a bunch of dining establishments within easy walking distance. We ate at Wolf's 1-11 and Cheesecake Factory. A very nice mall is right across the street within easy walking access.
The room was very clean, with a very small bathroom. For one night it was no problem. We liked that there was a lot of table/storage space. It had lots of lights, and enough plugs to charge all of our electronics. It included a refrigerator (good size, no freezer) and a microwave.
The bed was amazingly comfortable with very soft sheets. The beds each had 4 pillows-as the card said that was on the pillow the front 2 pillows were soft, and the back 2 pillows were harder.
I would have liked another blanket in the closet-and I am sure that if I had asked one would have been provided for me. The curtains were not very room darkening...and it was a brilliantly beautiful sunny day when we awoke.
We did use the small pool. Was warm enough and refreshing. We would have liked a hot tub-about all we really were missing in this very good hotel!
Breakfast was really good. The room for seating is really spacious. It is set up nicely (must have been remodeled from the Days Inn era) and even though a lot of people were in there it did not seem busy due to the way the room was set up.
The staff was all very nice-with housekeepers all saying hi in the morning. We checked in and out with the same lovely young lady-I regret that I did not get her name (nchint...it's you...thanks so much!!!), and we appreciated all of her helpful suggestions.
We would definitely stay again at the Comfort Inn and Suites. Thank you!

Room Tip: We were in room 123-right next to the pool, near the breakfast and lobby.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel where we usually stay was already full so we booked the Comfort Inn because it was in the same area and close to the "Northway". The standard room was small but it suited our needs. The room was clean and comfortable, it appeared to have been recently renovated.The bedding equaled higher priced hotels. The wifi worked well. Although the hotel was fully booked for the weekend,noise was not an issue.The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The Comfort Inn was a great value and we would definitely return

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Have you ever made a fatal and "unchangeable" error? I did, but Comfort Inn, Wolf Rd., corrected it, to our great surprise and joy.
What happened? I made one of those paid in advance reservations that can't be changed and accidentally clicked on the "smoking room" reservation square. Immediately I picked up the phone, called the Comfort Inn, Wolf Rd., in Albany, where my wife and I have stayed several times, and asked if they could alter the reservation. There were non-smoking rooms open on our date, and they were glad to make the change. "It's an easy mistake to make," said the person in charge. Maybe so, but when you're allergic to tobacco smoke, it's one of those fatal errors that you pray can be corrected. And it was.
About the hotel. It's clean, well-furnished, and quiet -- even the room heater/air conditioner is quiet and efficient. The TV has multiple channels, and the Wifi is free. It's located across from a major mall, including PK Chang's and Cheesecake Factory, with other restaurants, like Bucca di Beppo family style Italian eatery, equally close. Breakfast with some fresh fruit is included in the AM. The hotel feels competent in every way. No, it's not a luxury hotel, but a hotel that changes the "unchangeable" error and delivers a welcoming stay makes me feel like I'm traveling deluxe.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I was very pleased to bev greeted by a friendly counter person who told me I had been upgraded to a suite. The room was larger than I have had on prior visits and quite roomy and clean. I have been here before and find that they have made some improvements.

Although there is still room for improvement in the common areas and entrances, they are making strides.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The room was small but clean and comfy. breakfast had everything including fresh fruit that was perfectly ripe. The breakfast area was very spacious. The pool wasn't huge but was indoors which was nice as it was a rainy evening. Stayed 1 night with my granddaughter and of course her favorite thing was the pool..! Also great location, right across from the mall and near restaurants. Even though it was on a busy street the room was very quiet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family