“revolting”

Ranked #44 of 50 Hotels in Albany
new york
“revolting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2009

We stayed next door to this disgusting place and we were kept awake all night by barking dogs in there parking lot. Went in to talk to the desk clerk and he was rude and obnoxious. Called manager in the morning and he hung up on me after saying he didn't care. Police came and found the dogs in sweltering van in there parking lot with no food or water in ther own excrument. Police had to get information from workers on sight as manager and desk clerk were of no help. Lobby and hallways were so disgusting and the smell of the place was horrible, like urine? How can anyone stay there is beyond me.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kippersnack01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2009

I have been coming to Albany for long time.This was my first time staying in this Hotel. Hotel gave me newly renovated room. Room was great. Room was very clean.Hotel have been under renovation. Whan i was there it was very quite. I would like to say that thay are working very hard to renovating this Hotel.I wish tham the best.Hotel staff is the best persons i have ever met with my experience . Hotel location is the best.Everyone was there very respectfull.Room price is the best. Room have 27" Tv with over 80 + channels. Free wireless internet. Free coffee and dounts free calls too.When ever i will come back i will come back and stay here again.
Scott
stayed on 01/2/2009

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Clean
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Bronx NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2008

Not only was the hotel suppose to charge me when we got there, they charged me a day before, causing my account to go negative, then we got there to check in, we were there for no longer than 20 minutes, the rooms smelled like old urine, mildew, the towels and washcloths were so old, they were almost yellow. The comforters smelled like they have been there for years, not to mention, we were bunking with 2 mice.

We go and speak with the front desk who implied that they are field mice and they are always around... Then asked for a refund, they insist on another room, because he didn't want to refund me. He finally gave me my refund because I called Expedia with the drama, then I called them early in the am on Saturday because I needed them to release my funds due to being negative and they didn't do it until Tuesday of the new week. So just imagine being in Atlantic City with 3 kids and no money. I would never in a million years check into that hotel and I suggest they be closed down due to poor care....

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
houston, tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2008

we stayed at the one just west of San Antonio on I-90. Got there late on Thursday night, tired and exhausted. Checked in and went in the room. It smelled of urine and the air conditioner was barely working. Too tired to move rooms we barely slept all night. In the morning we checked out and complained to management and the only response was "thanks for telling us". I have looked into the web for someone to complain to and am unable to get someone to write to. I am going to write to Corporate office but I really don't expect much from them. I will not ever stay at a Red Carpet inn again.

• Liked — that is way on the way to our destination
  • Disliked — smell and lack of airconditioning
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
NY,NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2008

Everything is dingy and old. There was lots of painting going on. I had a large room but there was a red stain splashed in the 'walk in' closet and on the wall near the bathroom. There were wires hanging out of the other closet and the T.V. has no remote control. The room was cleaned regularly and it smelled clean except the day I checked in the carpet was dirty and thank God my child spilled stuff and so I had the maintance person clean and vaccuum it. There are donuts and coffee and the entire place is about to fall it looks like. When I told the front desk person my fridge was not working he shrugged and told me to get ice from the ice machine. Otherwise it's a place to sleep and it's across from the State University and public transport is nearby. Good luck.

• Liked — The Bus
  • Disliked — The dinginess and dirt
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
New York City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2007

Property is NOT maintained.

Sidewalks and property is not maintained during winter. I fell on icey walkways which were not maintained.

Management does not care and there is no one to complain to.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — FILTHY and Poorly maintained.
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank FranklynW
Eastern PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2007

The room was dirty.The sink was not clean around and behind the fixtures, the TV had something spilled and running down the top and back of it The toilet leaked.The bottom sheet had a blood stain about 2" diameter on it at the top . They didn't change the sheet ! ! Upon leaving I checked under the bed for possible missing items. I thought I saw a sock, pulled it out to discover it was a bloody pad ! The most vile experience I've ever had. Office gave no compensation. Don't go to a Red Carpet Inn !

Stayed October 2007