“My second stay...”
Review of Albany Marriott

Albany Marriott
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Albany seems to be the midpoint for me during my trips south to Pennsylvania and for the last 2 trips, I stayed in this Marriott. After a first review last summer, I decided to spend the night once again. The Marriott and its very polite, welcoming staff scored again. I arrived amid scores of tennis players and a wedding party, yet the staff was efficient and kind enough to find me a quiet room. The room was lovely, comfortable, and very quiet. I would recommend this Marriott again! Wolf Road is a great location...food, shops, Trader Joe's, big malls...its all there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Albany Marriott

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Great hotel if you are looking for an airport hotel. Staff is friendly, food is good and the beds are comfortable. They also have a nice outdoor sitting area with WiFi.Nothing outstanding to report but no complaints either

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Brian30135
Reviewed 26 August 2013

All the staff was very friendly - the front desk staff, the housekeeping staff, our waitress for breakfast. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Breakfast was expensive, but the buffet was extensive and the food was good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SharonN47
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed two nights at the hotel. We were very lucky to be able to get a room because there was so much going on in not only in Albany but with the final weekend of racing at Saratoga and with a 150 anniversary celebration in Saratoga on top of that.

The first night we had loud neighbors and there was noise from planes taking off so I put on the air conditioning in the room and that took care of the exterior noises. The beds were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was well-stocked with a nice selection of toiletries. There was a single cup coffee maker, wrapped hot cups, packs of coffee and organic tea bags provided. In the lobby during the day there were two containers filled with fruit punch and with lemonade and cups to go. In the morning in the lobby there were coffee urns set out,a hot water urn and a tea bag caddy. There were more than ample self-parking spaces outside the hotel in a covered one level garage.

The hotel is truly in a great location on Wolf Road. Probably any chain restaurant that you can think of is nearby, 2 Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, etc. There is a mall at the end of the street and The Crossgates Mall was about a 10 minute drive with easy access to I-87 N from the hotel.

Saturday night I stopped at the front desk to ask for a local map and inquired about restaurants and Katie (Pachogue,NY) couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. She gave me a map of Wolf Road and everything on it, printed out a map and mapquest to get to the Crossgates Mall and offered to print out something else for me to show me how to get where I wanted to go on Sunday. Even at check-in the woman who helped us was very nice.

We did not eat at the hotel but a friend who was also staying there at the same time said that the buffet breakfast was delicious but very expensive. We quickly picked up egg sandwiches at Panera Bread one day and Starbucks the next day.

The two computers in the business center are pay ones through a credit card however you can print out an airline boarding pass at another computer free.

I definitely would stay at the hotel again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne P
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Checked in very late on Thurdays without any issues to attend local tennis tournament. Hotel must have been 100% full since it seemed that there were people everywhere. Rooms were nice, kids enjoyed the pool the only knock is food was expensive. If I was on a beach in the tropics I could understand but Albany come on but I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joseph K
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We've stayed here many times over the years and always totally satisfied. The large king room on the seventh floor overlooking the pool and back of the hotel was perfectly clean, decorated in the latest contemporary style. Bedding and mattress extremely comfortable. Generous assortment of toiletries in a clean bathroom. The receptionist who checked us in was very professional and helpful when we asked him questions. The buffet breakfast is excellent with a fresh omelette station where a chef prepared goodies such as goat cheese and tomato filling. Also the usual bacon, potatoes, oatmeal, beautiful range of fresh fruit too. Outdoor pool with very nice landscaping. Quiet and pleasant.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My first review of this place was glowing. Clearly I was not there during the peak season. The last two times I stayed here was during Saratoga Racing season and it felt like the walls were paper thin. I kept hearing people opening and closing their doors all night long.

The rooms are okay. The bathrooms are definitely dated. Some of the shower spouts are coming detached from the wall and the tile is chipped in a few places.

The food is good and the service is great. It's nice that they have an indoor and outdoor pool and great fitness center. I wish they had a hot tub! They used to and got rid of it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business