“Staff was great”

Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Lebanon, Indiana
“Staff was great”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I had a very pleasant one night stay at this Marriott. I had a issue after check in but the staff did a excellent job correcting the problem quickly and even gave me a free perk that was unnecessary. Theirs always going to be problems but they had the right people working to make it right. 1st floor room, clean and comfortable,would stay here again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Thank you for your great review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate your feedback. I am so happy to hear that our staff was able to quickly resolve the problem you experienced. Again, thank you very much for your great review and we look forward to seeing you again at the Albany Marriott.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night. The staff was friendly and the price was very reasonable for the area. The lobby was ok but my room (234) smelled lightly of smoke. As far as I know all Marriott properties have been smoke free for years so either the furniture and carpet predates this policy and the smell is embedded or someone recently smoked in the room and the hotel did a poor job getting the smell out. The room was neat and pretty clean. There were some long hairs on the sheets and one or two short ones in the bathroom but other than that it was clean. Had this been a Fairfield Inn I may have rated it a 4 or 5 but I expect more from a Marriott and this hotel didn't meet that expectation.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry that you faced some challenges at our property. I want to address some of the issues you mentioned above. You mentioned you had some hairs in your room - we strive to make sure that our rooms are completely clean - I am sorry that we were not able to provide that for you. I will be sharing your feedback with our attendants in the housekeeping department to inform them of the incident so they know how important it is to be meticulous when cleaning our guest rooms. Also our hotel is smoke free and we take that policy very seriously but sometimes there are violators. We put those rooms out of service until the smell dissipates - I apologize that your room had a faint smell. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope we will get the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I am a gold elite, which means nothing at Marriott. I have a profile that calls for a king size bed on a high floor. I am never accommodated when I stay here. The halls smell like old feet and the room are dirty and are need of a major renovation. The concierge lounge is from 1980 and I never fell like a valued guest when I am here. I hope someone reads this and responds to looking into the room quality and has a focus on making it better for other guests.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
1 Thank Miamor13
Todd R, Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry that you faced some challenges at our property. I want to address some of the issues you mentioned above. We strive to offer excellent service for all our guests and I am sorry that we fell short of that for you. We always try to fulfill all of our guest requests. Next time you make a reservation with us please call ahead and I will personally make sure that your requests are met. We are always looking into ways to provide better service for our guests and have taken you comments into consideration for further improvement. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope we will get the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Gainesville, Virginia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed at Marriott as an elite rewards member. TV was really bad, not HD and when we turned the TV so we could see it in bed, the wire bundle was so heavy that the picture got dark. Had folks there twice, very nice, but still not hd.
The room was adequate. There in fact was noise from the airport although I had asked and been told you could not hear the airport. This was not aircraft flying overhead, but aircraft running up before takeoff.
Staff were very good and offered us offsets for the issues. We got free wifi because we are rewards members, but was $13 @day for non members. Mc Donalds has free wifi, bit not this Marriott.
No free breakfast, no free coffee on weekends.

Room Tip: Some place else
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry that you faced some challenges at our property. I want to address some of the issues you mentioned above. We are conveniently located near the Albany International Airport and because of this there can be some noise if the planes fly directly over the hotel. With the changes in weather there can be some variance in their flight plan - the planes only fly over the hotel every so often. I am deeply sorry that the television in your room did not work properly. We provide some select channels in HD for our guest rooms. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope we will get the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Sterling Heights, MI
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I've stayed here many times when my company has held seminars here. When setting up the next morning, Allison Pollock took personal responsibility for locating some items for me. The hotel is pleasant and it's easy to get to. There's a little food counter at the edge of the restaurant and you can buy fruit cups and small items, as well as coffee to go.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your great review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate your feedback.I am so happy that Allison was able to get the packages that you needed in such a timely manner. I think she exemplifies the service that all my staff at the Albany Marriott strive to provide. The little food counter at the end of the bar that you mentioned is our Starbucks Outlet -- and like you said, many of our guests find it a convenient spot to get a hot cup of coffee or small breakfast item on their way out the door. Again, thank you very much for your great review and we look forward to seeing you again at the Albany Marriott.
Mendon, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 September 2013

If you are staying in the greater Albany area, this is a great spot. The facility is clean, the value is good, and the location is perfect - close to many campuses, lots of restaurants, shopping. The only challenge is navigating Wolf Road during busy times, because it tends to be the hub of a lot of activity, but otherwise, it's a great spot.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your great review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate your feedback. I definitely agree that our Wolf Rd. location is very convenient - there are many restaurants and shopping centers along our strip. We are also in close proximity to RPI, Sienna College, SUNY Albany and St. Rose as well as the Albany International Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and again, thank you very much for your great review and we look forward to seeing you again at the Albany Marriott.
NYC
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times on my college trips to Albany. The facility is very clean. Room has extra fluffy pilllows. the staff is great, really attentive. Check in and out is a breeze. It is in a perfect location not far from the college campus, shoppping and dining.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your great review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We all appreciate your glowing review of our property and staff. We all look forward to seeing you again at the Albany Marriott and for the opportunity to serve you in the future.