“Very Good Hotel”
Review of Albany Marriott

Albany Marriott
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I had stayed at this hotel numerous times in the 1990's for business, and now just recently stayed for a pleasure trip. The hotel was as good as I remembered it. The staff (front desk and housekeeping) are pleasant and attentive. The room was clean and up to usual Marriott standards.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you NoSpin for leaving a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I appreciate that you took the time to give us a positive review. I hope we will see you on your next trip to the Capital Region.

There are newer reviews for Albany Marriott

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I booked over the telephone to make sure it was guaranteed I was going to get a king size bed. I realized that it wasn't cheap to stay there (over $150 per night) but my experience with previous Marriott (Boston) has been pleasant. I therefore thought this time would be the same. The check-in day I received an email giving me the option to check-in online, but I decided not to do that. When I arrived to the hotel, I was told that my reservation was cancelled. I didn't cancel it. There was no explanation for it, but they still gave me a room without a King size bed. I was told that although they offer king size beds (per written in my reservation paperwork) they do not guarantee you will get it. Excuse me? The only reason I reserved a room there was because I wanted to make sure I would get a King size bed to be comfortable sleeping with my husband. Needless to say, I didn't sleep comfortably and the room did not worth the prize. The furniture was old and the air conditioning was loud. Never again!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tochi4ever2000
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for your review Tochi4ever2000,

I am sorry to hear that there was a problem with the reservation and that you were not able to get a room with the king bed.

Please visit us again and we will make sure to gain your trust back.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms are big and clean with comfortable beds. My only complaints are that it seemed as if the bathrooms hadn't been redone in at least 10 years and wi-fi is $12.95 a day. Overall, it is a nice hotel, even if a little overpriced for what you get.

Stayed: August 2014
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you very much Micheal H for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate that you took time to give us this review and hope to see you again the next time your'e in the Albany region.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Perfect location near Albany Airport and a short drive into Albany or to Saratoga Springs. The hotel amenities include indoor and outdoor pools, a large lobby and an excellent concierge floor. Unfortunately, because this is considered a business hotel, the concierge floor lounge closes after breakfast on Friday and reopens Sunday evening.

Room Tip: Some rooms are hike to the elevators
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Byron1944,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you were happy with the multiple amenities that the hotel offers.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The lobby opens up to the lounge area, allowing business travelers the feeling they are never alone because it is always lively. There are two pools, an indoor and an outdoor, so Albany winters are never a factor and summertime brings one a pleasant choice to sun or to swim. The food is consistently good and the rooms comfortable. Location is great, for business or as a family stop over enroute to or from a northeast vacation destination. Staff are very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Hawaiib0und,

We are delighted that you were pleased with the stay. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Have had numerous business functions at this location and the event staff is SPECTACULAR. However, the rooms are dated, dirty, and in disrepair. Have had black water back up through the drains in the tub, stained sheets, dirty rooms in general, and broken items throughout. The location is very close to the airport without being disruptive with planes. The lobby is nice, but it doesn't make up for the rooms in the least bit. After staying here I actively looked for other locations in the Albany area due to the quality of the rooms. This Marriott is in dire need of a freshening up.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Derek D

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you were not completely enjoy your stay. I hope you will be back and we will be able to regain your trust.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Recently had a business meeting at the Ahtoellbany Marriott which required an overnight stay. I have often stayed in this hotel the night before a very early morning flight (great proximity to the airport) but have to say this stay was not up to anticipated Marriott standards. Because of my schedule I was only in the room long enough to drop my suitcase before heading out for the evening. When I returned to the room later in the evening I noticed that the A/C unit seemed quite loud. Actually, it was like having a train running through the room all night long. Finally in desperation I turned it off, but then the room was stuffy and uncomfortable. Ok, I understand in older hotels A/C noise can be a problem. After a not great night (in spite of the super comfortable bed!) an early morning swim in a very nice pool seemed like a great way to start my day. What happened next was not so pleasant. When I pulled the shower curtain back to take a shower after my swim, I found dirty towels in the tub! (obviously from the previous occupant) YUCK! Upon check out I mentioned it to the desk clerk who seemed completely disinterested in my comments. I am a loyal Marriott customer and know they can do better. With many other hotel options in the area, I will have to rethink a return stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you were able to enjoy our pool. I wanted to apologize for the inconvenience with the cleanliness of the bathroom and the AC not working properly. We will make sure to address these issues.