“Very good, but . . .”
Review of Albany Marriott

Albany Marriott
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 26 August 2014

First, the good. Our room was large. Our room was clean. The front desk staff was outstanding. The housekeeping staff also smiled and said hello. It is nice to have both an indoor and an outdoor pool (though the indoor heated pool was more comfortable, even in August). The fitness center was not especially inviting, though it was well equipped and availability of fresh fruit and lemon water a nice touch.

On the other hand, our bathroom was small and dated and our air conditioning unit was loud, as well. We were not overly impressed with the Concierge Lounge offerings (soft pretzels, anyone?).

Overall: they certainly have the staffing right, but it is time to update and brighten the halls, rooms and pool and fitness areas.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Linda K,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Albany Marriott. We are happy that you enjoyed the service and staff, as well as the indoor and outdoor pool.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

The great:
1. The desk staff and bartender were very knowledgeable and friendly.

2. The food at the restaurant was excellent. Kudos to the chef.

The not so great:

1. This hotel really needs an update. The furnishings and carpet are dated and worn. Most Marriott's invest in frequent redecorating/ remodeling. Not this one.

The terrible:
1. We waited 40 minutes after we called for the airport shuttle for it to arrive. The hotel is only 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: August 2014
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you Brian for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed the food in the restaurant and that you found our staff to be knowledgeable and friendly. I wanted to apologize for the inconvenience of having such an unusually long shuttle wait. We try to provide shuttle service from the airport in 15 minutes or less. We will make sure to address these issues.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I had stayed at this hotel numerous times in the 1990's for business, and now just recently stayed for a pleasure trip. The hotel was as good as I remembered it. The staff (front desk and housekeeping) are pleasant and attentive. The room was clean and up to usual Marriott standards.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you NoSpin for leaving a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I appreciate that you took the time to give us a positive review. I hope we will see you on your next trip to the Capital Region.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I booked over the telephone to make sure it was guaranteed I was going to get a king size bed. I realized that it wasn't cheap to stay there (over $150 per night) but my experience with previous Marriott (Boston) has been pleasant. I therefore thought this time would be the same. The check-in day I received an email giving me the option to check-in online, but I decided not to do that. When I arrived to the hotel, I was told that my reservation was cancelled. I didn't cancel it. There was no explanation for it, but they still gave me a room without a King size bed. I was told that although they offer king size beds (per written in my reservation paperwork) they do not guarantee you will get it. Excuse me? The only reason I reserved a room there was because I wanted to make sure I would get a King size bed to be comfortable sleeping with my husband. Needless to say, I didn't sleep comfortably and the room did not worth the prize. The furniture was old and the air conditioning was loud. Never again!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tochi4ever2000
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for your review Tochi4ever2000,

I am sorry to hear that there was a problem with the reservation and that you were not able to get a room with the king bed.

Please visit us again and we will make sure to gain your trust back.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms are big and clean with comfortable beds. My only complaints are that it seemed as if the bathrooms hadn't been redone in at least 10 years and wi-fi is $12.95 a day. Overall, it is a nice hotel, even if a little overpriced for what you get.

Stayed: August 2014
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you very much Micheal H for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate that you took time to give us this review and hope to see you again the next time your'e in the Albany region.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Perfect location near Albany Airport and a short drive into Albany or to Saratoga Springs. The hotel amenities include indoor and outdoor pools, a large lobby and an excellent concierge floor. Unfortunately, because this is considered a business hotel, the concierge floor lounge closes after breakfast on Friday and reopens Sunday evening.

Room Tip: Some rooms are hike to the elevators
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Byron1944,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you were happy with the multiple amenities that the hotel offers.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The lobby opens up to the lounge area, allowing business travelers the feeling they are never alone because it is always lively. There are two pools, an indoor and an outdoor, so Albany winters are never a factor and summertime brings one a pleasant choice to sun or to swim. The food is consistently good and the rooms comfortable. Location is great, for business or as a family stop over enroute to or from a northeast vacation destination. Staff are very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Todd R, General Manager at Albany Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Hawaiib0und,

We are delighted that you were pleased with the stay. Thank you for staying with us.