“Convenient to Comedy Works”

Red Carpet Inn Albany Downtown
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Albany
SAUGERTIES
“Convenient to Comedy Works”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The Red Carpet Inn is located 2 doors from the Albany Memorial Hospital, and right next door to the Comedy Works comedy club. My wife and I stayed at the hotel for a visit to see a top entertainer at the comedy club. The low price of the hotel was one of the considerations for making the trip.
The hotel itself is a bit dated and worn, but the staff was very friendly and helpful and they seemed to be doing what they could to maintain the property and it's appearance. The room we had had a microwave and small refrigerator. They had no coffee pots in the rooms, but they have complimentary coffee (regular only) in the lobby in the mornings. (Better to hit the Stewarts shop across the street) .
The hotel is about a ten minute ride from the main downtown Albany area where most of the activity is. There are a couple of nice restaurants just down the block.
It's not a great hotel, but for the price, I will probably stay there again when attending the comedy club.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New York
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I admit I was a little hesitant about the mixed reviews I read before booking here, but I have stayed at the Red Carpet Inn in Syracuse, NY which was nice- so I thought I would give this one a try. Besides, it was only an overnighter to see friends. Upon arriving, it looked like a busy place. I loved the look of the big lobby and was actually happy to be able to park my car in front of the room door. Makes for easy unloading. Room was clean, the bathroom was real nice. I was able to use the free Wi-Fi. Will definitely use this Red Carpet Inn again. Oh, my friends and I decided to have dinner at the comedy club next door--that was a good time. I would recommend giving it a try. I was even able to have a few drinks. It was an easy walk back to my room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Room at first glance old but tolerable. Cheap!!! When inspected beds we found 2 dead bedbugs. I immediately contacted my bank. The front desk clerk ray and the manager were very pleasant and to their credit gave me my $ back with no issues going out of the way to help me they also did immediately contact the pest control company next door. I'd b Leary to stay again

• Stayed July 2013
Sanjiv P, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Albany Downtown, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
I remember this quite clearly as it was just last week, and when NorthEast Pest Control brought their certified, dog, the room came up negative for bed bugs. If you would like, please call me and I will send you a copy of the report. As any well managed property would do, we take all complaints of this nature seriously.
Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2013

this place is the most nasty place i been to. the guy at the front desk is rude n he tryedd to keep my change n i checked out ten mins after i checked in n they made me pay for a whole day n wen i asked to talk to a manger they thrend to call the cops n have me arrested. my rating of this place wouldnt even be on the board bc it was so low

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Westfield MA
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My fiancé & I booked this hotel a half a week in advance for our trip to Albany, so the price was lower than the daily average. Upon arrival, the place didn't look the best, and I was expecting a run downed room. But I was delightfully surprised by the inside. The room was on the larger size, & same for the bathroom. The counter space by the sink was minimal, but it worked for the couple nights we were staying. The tub was large enough for a curvy gal like myself to take a nice hot bath in. There were menus in the room, which was a perk, & the food was delivered right to the room.
We did have a couple negatives, as expected for the price range. TV was pretty small & the pillows were pretty flat. But the largest negative was that the grounds were littered with trash; which all night long the wind was tossing around plastic cups that echoed threw the parking lot. Me being a light sleeper, it was not a restful stay. Despite the bad, the room was the cheapest in town, so I know I fully got my moneys worth.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Sanjiv P, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Albany Downtown, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Thank you for choosing the Red Carpet Inn for your stay in Albany. I'm glad you were happy with the room and were able to enjoy the bathtub. I do apologize for the trash and plastic cups that the wind was blowing around the property. The open layout of the rooms coupled with the property being on a hill sometimes causes the wind to stir quite strongly, and in general we've been dealing with a windy spring season. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the capital region.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Stayed here on a few occasions. The location is adequate, the rooms I've had have always been clean and well-maintained, and the staff (well, the one guy who always seems to be manning the front desk) is courteous, friendly, attentive, and helpful. This place is far from the Ritz, but it's a fine little spot to crash while you find yourself in Albany. For the low price it's impossible to go wrong here. The Red Carpet Inn is my destination of choice every time I'm in the Albany area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Sanjiv P, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Albany Downtown, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad you were satisfied with your accomodations, and if there is anything else we can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to inform us.
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed just one night to be close to the airport. Person checking in just before me was charged $10 less, told for the $55 rate he would get a recently renovated room. Well, I paid the $55 plus tax/fees and expected the renovated room. Instead we got a room with buckling ceilings that we thought were going to cave in during the rain that night, a hole in the bathroom door, bugs crawling on the wall early the next morning, peeling paint on woodwork, and definitely not clean. We then had to call the desk for restaurant info as my husband wanted Chinese delivered. The clerk recommended a place, gave us the number, we called and it took 45 minutes for the worst food ever to be delivered. Thats a different review though. I took pictures of the bulging ceiling and the bugs on the wall. Was not worth the money for even one night but unfortunately it was late and I had a very early flight the next morning. Told my husband that next time we would be better off just sleeping in the car! I didn't expect top of the line for $62.70 (total w/tax/fees), but I at least expected clean!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all! Prices are inconsistent and rooms are unsafe & not clean!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Sanjiv P, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Albany Downtown, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your stay. The particular room you had, despite the newer bathroom and furniture, did have the older style tile ceiling. There are however no leaks in the room at all. We would have attempted to move your room if we had notification at the front desk of your concerns. I spoke directly with the clerk who attended to you, and the Chinese restaurant number he gave you was indeed a respected, full service restaurant and not just a delivery-only style restaurant. Again, it is our goal to work with you to ensure a pleasant stay, and would have attampted to do so if given the opportunity.