“One of the worst places I have ever let myself stay”

Red Carpet Inn Albany Downtown
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Just horrible. Numerous stains on the carpet, hair all over the sink and counter, shower was rusty/moldy/gross, pretty sure the bedding was just reused. Extremely sketchy long term residents wondering around. I can't believe it passes health inspection.

I'm embarrassed that I didn't leave after 5 minutes.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Prairiedog3

Reviewed 17 May 2010

This is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. I get there and waited for 8 minutes while the attendant was talking on the phone. He tells me i have one of the "new remodeled rooms with a $ 9K bathroom" they way overpayed let me tell you..
The room was disgusting dirty...The chairs where stained and full of burn holes.
The carpet was dirty and frayed. Hairs all over the toilet and bathtub.
i moved the chairs so i could get to the air conditioner in the wall...well the chairs were holding the air conditioner in the wall...no lie it fell out when i moved the chairs..
this is the best part....ready....
i woke up at 2 am with a weird scrathing sound,....oh yea you guessed 2 friggen mice eating out of my bag of chips that i didnt finish....unreal...unreal....i packed and left...they didnt refund my money....

DO NOT STAY HERE... RED CARPET INN 500 NORTHER BLVD. ALBANY NEW YORK...

WORST PLACE EVER !!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2010

This hotel asked for no paperwork, and said there was only the delux room left,when we arrived we there was no one else staying at the hotel, but only two deliverance style men drinking beers eying off our posessions. When we returned after dinner we found lights on in our room that were not on when we left. None of this felt right so we left. Do not stay here

Reviewed 14 September 2009

The room was clean. It is clear that there have been recent renovations. Anyway ... mattresses were uncomfortable. But over all the h/motel is OK.

Enjoy your stay at Albany!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2009

Cheap room! Stayed one night with two friends. Not a 5 star hotel, but hello- cheap place. What do you all expect? It's a roof over your head. It's your average hotel. If you want a 5 star experience book a 5 star hotel.
Great service. The lady at the front desk was very friendly & patient. Rooms were average in terms of cleanliness. TV & free wifi (how can you go wrong?). Pizza man delivers! I would come here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank lianaface
Reviewed 27 May 2009

I stayed at this place with a friend of mine for the Springsteen show. Although it is labelled as downtown, I still had to drive to the show at the Times Union Arena. However, at about $60 dollars it was about half what I would have payed to stay at the hotels right in dowtown, and it was only a couple minutes drive. The room was average, but did have a fridge and microwave. The bathroom was surprisingly nice. The staff was very helpful with directions to bars and restaurants downtown. Overall, the place suited our needs for somewhere to stay while in town for the concert.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank KingofSunsetTown
Reviewed 22 April 2009

I'm not sure what some of the other reviewers are talking about. Maybe I just got lucky, but I don't think so. I think they have been renovating. I visited the Red Carpet Inn over in Albany with the kids on easter break. It was nice. It was huge, very spread out. The lobby had an old charm to it, but it was big which was nice. I had no problems with the staff - they gave me directions to the park. The room was fine. The bathroom was nice.. it had granite top counters, and an outside sink. The bathtub and the tiles looked new and real nice. I commented when I was checking out, and they said that was their latest project. So hey, ask for a renovated bathroom when you go. So we are back home now, and I think we would stay there again when we go back to Albany. It was right off of I90.. very easy to get to.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family