“Excellent hotel”

Courtyard by Marriott Albany Airport
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel has friendly desk personnel and is a nice new hotel. Clean and nicely decorated. The room was very spacious. It has Restaurants within walking distance and was easy to find. Wish we were not just passing thru. Love any Marriott property.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 29 August 2012

The hotel staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. Nice size rooms, and all in excellent condition. The hotel is within walking distance of a few restaurants and just about 10 minutes from the Albany airport. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Well... Albany is not a place we go for vacationing. Its mostly business. However, I had a strikingly pleasurable experience with the staff at Marriott. Every single person greeted us with a smile and was willing to help. All else constant (clean facility, great location, excellent food), their service will make me totally go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I am a frequent Marriott traveler and I was impressed with this location. Check-in took about 20 seconds and check-out was just as efficient. Room is very clean, bed is comfortable, nicely designed, flat screen TV rotated, ergonomic computer chair is great and its refreshing to find a hotel with free, reliable WiFi and a wired connection (with the wire provided in one of the nightstands). Easy to find, about 90 seconds once you get off I-87 and in an area with plenty of restaurants. Free ample parking. Gym includes two treadmills, two ellipticals and very limited free weights, about what you can expect from a Courtyard. Some other reviews knock the lack of free breakfast- that's definitely something to note before you stay. There is no free breakfast and if you want breakfast (or lunch/dinner), you place an order at the counter and it is brought to your table. A breakfast sandwich with a bottle of water was $9. There is a Dunkin Donuts pretty close to the hotel if you don't want to do the hotel breakfast. Overall, I will keep staying here every time I am in the Albany area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank spedy1
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed at this hotel on a Friday night. It is on a busy commercial strip near Albany airport. First impression was great - the young lady running reception greeted us with a smile and quickly and efficiently checked us in.
The room was very clean and everything worked. When I realized I forgot to pack my toiletries, the front desk was able to supply the bare essentials I needed - also with a smile.
Breakfast was kind of weird. We reserved the special with breakfast included. They have kind of a breakfast counter in the lobby. When we got there, the lady working the counter explained the breakfast choices which were posted on the wall. We ordered, and she brought the food to our table. She did a good job, and it looked picture perfect. But, I was kind of expecting a buffet. If I was coming here again, I think I would try to eat at one of the restaurants up or down the road from there, now that I know the area a bit better.
All in all, I can't complain. Staff was friendly, and the place is well run. I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I like this hotel because of location on Wolf Rd with 87 very close to hotel as well as Airport. I do prefer Courtyard Thruway over here but still a very nice hotel with friendly staff. Newer Courtyard look with great lobby and rooms. Highly recommend place.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This is an excellent property. Beautiful clean and spacious rooms. Very comfortable beds etc, etc./

The only complaint is that the breakfast is not FREE nor quick. This business model fails to

recognize that travellers want fast breakfasts without having to wait for the high quality

service that this hotel provides. Since this hotel serves folks going for early flights why this

business model?.