“Comfortable rooms, minor annoyances” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Albany Airport

Courtyard Albany Airport
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Albany
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Comfortable rooms, minor annoyances”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

The rooms are large, clean and comfortable but the bathrooms are very small. With a quick fix of adding a mirror to the outer part of the bathroom where there is counter space, it could be so much better. We were taken aback that this property does not participate in the complimentary breakfast program for Marriott Gold Elite members and does not even offer complimentary fresh coffee in the lobby. There are coffee pots in the rooms, but, of course you have to use dried packaged "milk" which is always awful. While we were there we didn't use the small indoor pool as the whole area was sopping wet and slippery. The hotel is in a good location, the staff is very pleasant but I doubt this would be a place I would hurry back to.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank peanutsNewYork

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Wappingers Falls, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

My family of 3 stayed in this hotel over the weekend 2 weeks ago while we were up in the area looking for a new home due to relocation. I was pleasantly surprised with how clean and spacious the rooms were. It was perfect to lounge around in after our long days of house hunting. We didn't go in the pool but it looked clean from what I could tell. We stayed on the first floor and there was no noise. Everything was easy and we had no complaints. Right on Wolf Rd which has everything you could ever need! We would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Methuen, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. The staff was so courteous and pleasant. Check in was a breeze, my room was huge along with a huge work space that was really needed because of my equipment. This is the only hotel that I've been to that I did not have to use the bed to complete my work on. The location was just wonderful with plenty of shopping plazas and restaurants. I love this hotel and had the most wonderful stay. I had just came from the Hilton and needed a hotel that had hard-wired internet service and the Courtyard was a step down from the Hilton only because on my opinion there was no room service, but that was ok because a wonderful Bistro and I just took my food and went to my room. To the staff at the Courtyard thank you for such a wonderful and peaceful stay. Will see you very soon because I have another business trip coming up on 6/21.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel to stay at near the Albany International Airport. Rooms were very good, price reasonable and free shuttle service was provided. Staff were very friendly and helpful. There are numerous restaurants close by.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Michael S
Seminole, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

The staff were very helpful and pleasant..It was the room location..We were right behind the elevator..Everytime it arrived or left it would ding..Day & Night..Not to mention all the chatter from everyone waiting or exiting the elevator,all hours, as if they were the only ones in the whole place..no courtesy.
I'm also not a real fan of being overcharged at "The Bistro"...I get the concept..Why give away a continental breakfast,when people will overpay for the convenience..

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Recently stayed at this Courtyard Marriott in May and we had a nice and pleasant trip. Checkin was quick and efficient and our room on the 3rd floor was great. You won't find luxury here but everything is as it should be. The rooms are fairly quiet but the AC was a bit loud for my taste and since it was warm and damp outside, we had to leave it running through the night which was a minor annoyance. Bed were comfortable and we had a decent night of sleep. I like this area for an overnight stay since there are a lot of food options in the area. You can even walk to many of the restaurants nearby.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Saugerties, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stay here when my wife and I want to have a little extra time together and I am flying out early. Used Marriott points. Always very friendly staff who are quick to fix any little issue. Never stay late enough to check out breakfast. My wife set off the fire alarm in her room with the hair dryer this morning, and the front desk clerk came right back to make sure she was alright. He was followed shortly by the Colonie Fire Department, who came to the room to make sure nothing was really burning. She related this to me while I was deplaning in St. Louis - got a very hearty laugh and I hope they will let us stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple