Econo Lodge Colonie Center Mall
US$155
  • Pool
US$155
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbagelsroom was cleanimmediate vicinitybus stop is locatedconvenience foodgas martgreat place to sleepcontinental breakfasteconomy hotellooked brand newparking lotsheets and towelsbusy roadcolonie centertwo double bedsplenty of hot watercold cereal
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed at this Econolodge because they had doors that opened to the outside for easy unloading of our luggage, and because they allowed my sister to smoke in the room. I can tell you that we'll never stay here again. The beds smelled. There was a spider in the shower that looked ot have taken up lodging there quite some time ago judging from the size of his web and from the size of him. And when I got out of the shower, a centipede crawled across the floor in front of me and behind the ironing board. When we checked out of the hotel, my sister had to wake up the desk clerk to do so.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I always travel via public transportation. The Capital Area Transit Authority CDTA bus went directly from the Amtrak Train Station in Schectady to the front door of the Econo Lodge, 1630 Central Ave, Albany, NY. The following morning, I took the CDTA bus to the Greyhound Station, and took Greyhound into New York City. The Econo Lodge was not only very convenient, but the neighborhood was clean and appeared safe. The front desk agent was cheerful and expedient. The room was clean, spacious and very quiet. The continental breakfast was well supplied and the staff attendent kept the area neat and spotless. On top of the above mentioned positives, the price was very reasonable. Thank you Econo Lodge at Colonie Center Mall. My only regret: I could not stay longer. I will be back soon!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Fantastic location for a 3 day stay. I am a single female traveler and often travel with pets. I did not have my cats with me on this trip, but i would definitely stay here again. The room was large and well kept... my only issue was the toilet did not flush as well as it should have, but it was liveable. The beds were really comfortable and it was probably the most comfortable place I've stayed. I did not make use of the continental breakfast, but it seemed busy and there seemed to be plenty to eat. I recommend this place for overnight travelers and long term guests.

Room Tip: No swimming pool or restaurant available on site, but plenty within reasonable distance.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

My company is cheap with the hotels so I do not have very many good choices.

I arrived at midnight. For some reason from the parking lot at night the hotel pretty much looks like a movie where you check in and no one ever sees you again.

I was on the first floor and that felt creepy. I opened my room and was so happy. It was clean and spacious. The bathroom had granite counters and nothing was wrong with the place. I still felt a little exposed to the parking lot.

I had to stay there again a few nights later so I requested the same room. I arrived in the day light and the parking lot seemed less of a death trap.

If you are looking for cheap and clean the book this place. Considering some of the other reviews you may request a remodeled room to make sure it is clean.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed in this Econolodge on April 10, Tuesday. This an older motel but room was spacious and bed comfortable. Bathroom was clean with great shower. Motel is 2 stories with several other similar motels nearby. Lots of restaurants in area to pick from up and down the street. Large Colonie Mall about a mile away with Cheesecake Factory. This motel is about 1/2 of what the Quality Inn costs which is just down the street. If you are looking for economy place with decent room, this is OK. Has refrigerator and microwave in room and breakfast seclection is adequate.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo