“Great place to stay with the family” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn Albany University Area

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Fairfield Inn Albany University Area
Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Toronto, Ontario
“Great place to stay with the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

We stopped here in the way thru to Boston and was quite pleased with the entire experience. The location was great just right off the I90 by the university of Albany. Front desk staff was great and checkin was easy even without a reservation. The rooms were very nice with multiple pillow choices on the bed for each sleep style (6 on ours). Free breakfast was great with Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches,cerals,yogurts,breads,fruit as you choices. Great overall experience, would definitely recommend

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and for taking the time to write a review of your experience. It is greatly appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Saint John, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stay at the Fairfield Inn in Bangor a lot because of a company rate so have been using this chain when traveling . Fairfield Albany met our expectations . Clean ,comfortable room with helpful and fast front desk staff . Air con . kept us nice and cool on a very hot day The hot tub is still down but the indoor pool is nice plus you can use the outdoor pool next door at their sister property . Good location near the University ,malls and downtown Standard free breakfast was fine . The only negative was the fan in the bathroom in 131 was a bit loud and the ceiling looked liked it had water damage at some point and hadn't been fixed very professionally. We paid 109 thur their web site .

Room Tip: Got a good price on their web site but it is the type that you can't cancel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel and for calling our attention to the exhaust fan in room 131. Our maintenance team will take care of that today.

I did want to note that our hot tub is permanently closed and will be removed as part of upcoming renovations.
Clinton Corners, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. I booked through Priceline and got a great deal. The room was decent we had a double bed set up. Parking could be better expecially for vans and trucks, but not a big deal. They have an indoor pool which closes at midnight. The whirlpool is permanently closed FYI. In room amenities could have been better but it was a 1 night stay so I'm not complaining too much. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone coming in the area. They do not accept pets. Property is shared with next door suites.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate your kind words regarding your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review your stay. Thank you for recommending us to your fellow travelers!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I'm a frequent Marriott traveler and enjoy the consistency that the brand typically has to offer. This is an older building and the cleanliness was just not up to standards - the shower could use some bleach, there was a stray hand towel sitting unfolded on the bathroom counter, and I was just not happy about the quality of the stay. The front desk attendant was polite and efficient and the free breakfast was fine, but this hotel is in major need of an upgrade - and more attentive cleaning procedures.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to time to share your experience with our hotel.

I was disappointed to hear that it did not live up to your expectations, however, especially in regards to our housekeeping service. This is definitely an area that we will focus extra attention on going forward.

We are confident that our upcoming renovations will result in an upgraded product that exceeds your expectations for Fairfield Inn. We look forward to the opportunity to "wow" you in the future.
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

Stayed here a few days ago with my Hubby and the room was nice, clean, and comfortable. The folks at the front desk when we checked-in were not friendly but it wasn't a big deal. All we wanted was a late check out and they gave us an extra hour. There is a lobby and a breakfast room, we didn't try the free breakfast. There is also free wifi. The shower/tub was a little small, okay for me but not so much for my Hubby. The pillows were flat the ac clicked on and off during the night. Otherwise the king bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was nice with a long counter. There was also a comfy chair and foot rest in the room, plenty of light and a desk. This is also a great location!

Room Tip: The third floor is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.

I was disappointed to hear that our front desk associates did not provide the level of service that we expect of them. In addition, I was sorry to hear about the disappointing aspects of your room experience. We will continue to improve upon these areas.

That said, I appreciate the many kind words that you had for our hotel. I hope that we have the opportunity to host you and your husband again in the near future!
Great Neck, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here, while attending a wedding. The bride picked this hotel as the place for her guests, as friends of hers stay here every time they visit Albany. The hotel was an excellent value. The staff, including front desk, housekeeping, and the breakfast staff, were all friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean with good mattresses and a nicer brand of toiletries than expected at this level of hotel. Breakfast, which is included, has some hot items available along with the continental items. All in all, this is an excellent place to stay, when you are traveling for an event at SUNY, etc., where you basically need a comfortable place to sleep, a convenient breakfast, and helpful staff.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers. Happy travels!
New York, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

I was in Albany for a work trip and decided to pick this hotel because it was close to where I needed to be for work and I got a good price through the United website. I typically choose Hampton Inns for my work trips but figured I would give this hotel a shot.

The hotel itself is in a good location (right off the highway and near SUNY Albany and some restaurants) and the lobby is in pretty good shape. They gave me a few menus when I checked in which I always appreciate and were friendly enough.

The room is not great. It seems pretty old and the bathroom was dingy. The shower definitely needed a good scrubbing and when I went to grab a towel after showering, I saw a nice black curly hair sitting right on the top of the towel. Blech. The bed was not very comfortable and the blankets are super thin so it can get really cold in the middle of the night.

I went to the gym, which was basically just a hotel room with a few machines in it. There were towels left all over the floor and none of the tvs on the machines connected to headphones properly.

Breakfast in the morning was fine, nothing special. I was really surprised to see such great reviews for this hotel so maybe I had a one-off experience here. Regardless though, I will be sticking to the Hampton Inn from now on.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank mgott26
Chris D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that your stay did not live up to expectations. I can understand how frustrating it must be to try a new hotel after reading many positive reviews only to end up disappointed. We take the cleanliness and upkeep of our hotel very seriously and I will be sure to follow through with our team members to make sure that future guests do not have a similar experience.