Fairfield Inn Albany University Area
  • Breakfast included
US$162
US$155
  • Pool
All reviewsindoor poolwafflessolid choiceroom was cleanfree breakfastnext morningdunkin donutstwo queen bedscapital regiondecent hotelfresh fruitnew york citywould stay here againcrossgates mallstayed one nighteasy accesspleasant stay
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My daughter's AAU team stayed at the hotel for two nights and I found the hotel to be clean and the staff to be extremely helpful. We booked very early in the year for a May stay and when an issue for my leg occurred, I contacted the hotel and they were very helpful in setting up a handicap room for myself in case I couldn't get into the shower. Fortunately, I didn't need this but it was nice to know that it was available. As for the room itself, it was very clean. The breakfast was good and the kids were in the pool as much as they possibly could be. I would definitely stay here again and I'd recommend it as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Bruce V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the staff.

We look foward to your next visit and we hope you feel better.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Between a huge AAU basketball tournament going on across the street at University of Albany, graduation weekend for many local colleges and Memorial Day weekend, the hotel was slammed.

Being there alone (my son was graduating college at RPI,12 miles away) I was unlucky enough to get perhaps the worst room in hotel. Not only was it near heavily used stairway, but it was right next to a makeshift fitness room. I was awaken two mornings in a row at 6:00 AM (fitness room open 24 hours) with the whoosh... whoosh... whoosh of the treadmill along with people talking loud on their Blue Tooth headsets while exercising, etc. Paper thin walls, it sounded llike they were exercising in my room.

When I complained after the first night I was told my room was rarely used, only when hotel is booked solid. This should be explained when booking the room. One front desk employee told me guests have complained at 3:00 AM about that particular room, so it definetely has a history.

All the front desk staff I vented to were very nice and Mary, the hotel manager, was particularly helpful and made things right. Since all the rooms were booked, she credited my Marriott Rewards account 6,000 points (3,000 per night) and for my third night (when hotel thinned out) upgraded me to a suite (a Fairfield suite, but a suite none-the-less).

What could have very well been a disaterous hotel stay was made tolerable by the compassion of manager and staff. That's what customer service is all about!!

Room Tip: Stay away from room 217!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Bruce V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn.We do apologize that you were not able to enjoy your entire stay. We take great pride in exceeding your expectations.

I will pass along your kind words to Mary. Please keep us in mind for your next visit to the Albany, NY area.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Recently stayed here with friend. Checked out the pictures and description online. Pictures must be 5-10 years old. Rooms very old, floors not vacuumed, bathroom tiles dirty and not mopped. A/C didn't work. No fridge in room as described. Nothing fixed or done about it, except got a fridge. PLENTY of other better choices on the street. I should have gone for quality not price.. Yes, got what I paid for. 1 - 1.5 stars

• Stayed: May 2014
Bruce V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize that we failed to exceed your expectations during your stay. I have passed along your comments along to our housekeeping and maintenance department. I will be sure to follow up on any issues in your room and throughout the hotel.Please feel free to contact the hotel directly before your next trip to the Albany area.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed on the 3rd floor. It was very quiet. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. Met the standards of Fairfield Inns. The breakfast was ample: hard boiled and scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, toast and English muffins, bagels, Danish, cereal, yogurt, fresh apples and bananas, fresh fruit salad, OJ, cran juice, coffee, tea.
The exercise room was small but sufficient. I didn't use the pool but it was small.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MARY K, Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give a review on your sta with us. We appriciate your time and are glad to hear that your standards were met.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed overnight with my daughter to attend a friend's party. Our room was clean and pleasant, beds very comfortable, temperature in the room easy to regulate. Didn't have time (or suits) to use the pool, but it looked well-kept up and inviting. Complimentary breakfast was better than expected, lots of options, food was fresh and plentiful. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. Several friends were also staying in the hotel and we were able to hang out together in the breakfast room at night after the party. Very pleased with my experience here; while it was nothing spectacular, it was a nice basic comfortable place to spend the night; the only thing missing was an on-site pub or restaurant. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: It's actually set up so that the usual noise generators (elevators and ice machines) aren't near the rooms - the machines are on the ground floor and the elevators are set off the corridor so you really don't hear them, so I think most rooms are about the same.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
MARY K, Manager at Fairfield Inn Albany University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share feedback on your stay with us. I am happy we were able to make your stay a comfortable and pleasing experience.