“Excellent serivce, clean rooms!”

Courtyard by Marriott Albany Thruway
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The rooms were very clean, and the bed linens were very fresh as well. I was very comfortable staying here and slept very well.

There are not tons of stains on the carpet like you might see elsewhere. The bathrooms are very clean. TV is flat screen, and there is a wireless hookup with a desk in the room.

Full-size closet with ironing board, small mini fridge. I had a King Size Bed with a sofa sleeper.

The front desk and managers were extremely nice. Probably one of best customer experiences I've had at a hotel where they make you feel like you should stay one more night.

There is a computer access area and a boarding pass printing station. Workout room and pool as well.

Small restaurant on sight - do not believe the breakfast is free.

Directly across the street from The University of Albany. Dunkin Donuts and Sunoco within the same parking area of the hotel.

Overall - I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I have had great experiences with Marriott's, and the Courtyard Thruway Marriott was one of the best.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Albany Thruway

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We've stayed at this Marriott twice. It's new-looking, very modern and sleek without being cold or unfriendly. Staff are as pleasant and helpful as Marriott staff always are. A big reason for us to choose Marriott is the quality of the bed and the bedding - it almost guarantees a good night's sleep. For some unfathomable reason, the beds at this hotel are a little higher than usual - I'm 5'5" with long legs, and I could barely get up there. The other issue was the whirlpool - and I book hotels because they have one. The pool area opens early and closes late, which I appreciate. But on Friday I had extra time before going out to dinner, so decided to soak and relax for a few minutes. The key word turned out to be "soak", because the jets in the little tiny jacuzzi (maximum occupancy 3) are so strong, they sprayed and threw water everywhere. I was not quite shoulder-deep, but within a minute, my hair was soaked, and I'd had water thrown into my eyes and my ears! (So much for being ready to go out.) The floor all around the tub was also wet, which could be dangerous.
The next morning we went out for breakfast, as the "Bistro" has a limited menu and serves only Starbuck's coffee. There are a couple of Marriotts very near by, and another under construction. Next time I'll check them out, as the location is ideal for reaching our favorite restaurants, and for getting on the road quickly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

There was plenty of food options close by. Hotel was clean and quiet in spite of location near freeway. This location easy to access from major roads. Renovated interior was nice and food available on site.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Annette P
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

More expensive than regular marriott across the street and breakfast was much better at regular marriott. I was disappointed by the breakfast at courtyard. It is not buffett and took way too long for the food to come out. If deciding between the 2 i recommend regular marriott.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Bakabaka
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Stayed here en route to Crane Music Camp for my daughter. Recently renovated hotel was great--close to highway, clean, nicely appointed and well situated for a quick return to travel the next morning. Staff were really pleasant and went out of their way to make us comfortable. Great stop along the way!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Baysidedmd
Reviewed 17 August 2013

If you're in Albany in business or to visit the university this is a fine place to stay. It is close to major highways and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and clean. The fitness club is small but ample. The pool is good.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank ChuckNY352
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights while visiting family in the area. The location adjacent to SUNY Albany is great, with easy access to I-90. And the room was excellent! We have stayed in several Albany hotels previously, and the Courtyard Thruway is by far the best. At check-in, we were told that the room had been recently renovated and it showed. The room was bright, sparkling clean, and very, very quiet (even though the room looked out onto a major road - Washington Avenue!). The bed was very comfortable - had a good night's rest -- and the bathroom was spotless. The lobby is well appointed and the bistro was good for breakfast, although it is a bit expensive. All the staff (front desk, bistro) were excellent and welcoming. Overall - a great stay. We would stay here again when visiting Albany.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the corridor which was nice because there was only one room adjacent. I...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple