“Really? This is good service?” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Carpet Inn & Suites

Red Carpet Inn & Suites
Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Albany

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chemung
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I pre-booked a 2-night reservation through Hotels.com, arrived and checked at 4:30 pm after a long business day expecting an economical room in an average location as per motel's web site description. The first room offered was located behind a stairway to second level. Very dark entrance area, sketch location, sketch people hanging out, dirty and poorly maintained exterior, ... it felt very unsafe. I opened the door the mattress was sagging with the foot of the bed significantly higher in elevation than the pillows! The furniture was broken, BAD smells, unclean everything, plastic protective mattress bag was ripped, bedding was stained, worth restating VERY DIRTY. I went back to lobby, explained my concerns, (clerk was polite and understanding). I was switched to a room closer to the lobby in which I discovered the same unsanitary conditions. I requested a refund, in which I was told since I booked through Hotels.com and it was 4:30 pm, I would need to contact the manager tomorrow from 8am-3pm for a resolve. I left and went down a few hundred feet to 1600 Central Ave - Motel 6... in which I found the clean economical room in an average safe location I was expecting within the same price range. Shame on Super 8 and Wyndhams for allowing a motel of this despicable caliber to be associated with their group of hotels.

Room Tip: Sort and read the Poor ratings first on the travel booking sites. Chances are if 30% or more more s...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Olathe, Kansas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Needed a hotel in a pinch. I have never been this desperate. Hotel is very seedy, room smelled very bad. It looked as if derelicts or homeless were wandering the parking lot. Witnessed a "domestic disturbance" in the parking lot. Checked out immediately. Very bad hotel -- I do not recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
we are sorry to hear you had issues with your stay. in regards to the smell of the room we spoke to housekeeping staff and correct that issues. we are apologize if some of our other guest caused a disturbance. we do not tolerate noise disturbance from our other guests we asked those guests to leave. Again we would like to apologize to you for all issues you experienced.
ITHACA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

The kind of hotel you stay at when your biggest concern is getting a cheap and functional hotel room. Stayed for just one night. In a pinch will stay there again but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
we would like thank you for staying with us. we hope you enjoyed your stay. we are glad to hear you would stay with us again in the future. Again we would like to thank you for choosing super 8.
Hampton, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was in Albany NY to deliver a transit bus, which is what I do for a living. I had made the reservation earlier in the day and was told the cancellation time was 4p.m., which is not the normal time. I stay in hotels almost every night, I'm not that difficult to please, but this was the worse hotel I have ever stayed at!

Upon arrival, I noticed there were several people gathered around their room doors, "hanging out" and the property looked poorly maintained.

Upon getting my room key, which had to be redone four times because it wouldn't work, I checked out my room. The chairs were stained, the desk had gross looking stuff on it, there were gnats coming out of the sink, the tub was filthy, the sliding window in the bathroom had no lock so for security reasons I put a coat hanger to block it from sliding. The TV had "no signal", I decided to go online and read reviews. I saw one lady had posted about bed bugs, so I decided to look...no bugs, but I did find crumbs and hair in the bed. I went and asked for clean sheets and towels...and changed the linens myself.(I wasn't sure that the towels in the room were clean after finding the sheets had not been changed) I slept little, and got up two hours early just to get out of the room. I took a shower with a towel in the tub so I wouldn't have to put my feet on the nasty tub bottom.

I couldn't find an outlet to charge my phone.....the mattress was old and disgusting, So many things were bad that I can't even remember them all. If I had been in a car instead of a bus I would have left!!!! In FACT, If I had not had a flight today, I would have been better off sleeping on the bus.

Super 8 should be ashamed for having there name on this hotel. I will be calling Wyndhams today!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business