“Exceed my expectation”
Review of Hotel Angel

Hotel Angel
Ranked #20 of 156 Hotels in Busan
Reviewed 21 June 2013

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much from Angel Hotel after the fiasco at Mr Egg House (please read my review).
But, upon reaching the hotel, there was a really friendly female counter staff who tried her best to communicate with us in English :) Really pleasant.
The room was SOOO MUCH BETTER than Mr Egg, and what's more, I paid the same price pfft.
Also, the cleaning auntie on our level was super friendly and sweet - in contrast to what I faced with Egg House. She couldn't speak English, but I managed to understand what she was saying when she taught us how to use the aircon.
Another plus point of her, was that she was so diligent in doing her work! A very humble woman too - when she passed me the keys and the aircon remote she kept bowing, and I felt awkward because she was much older than I was, so I bowed back hehe.

All in all, if I'm ever heading to Busan, I'm definitely coming back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cherry Z

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Great location. Metro line links to all attractions without having to change line.
Airport bus cost Won6,000 per person, whereas a taxi from airport to Angel hotel cost Won14,000. As there are 2 of us, we choose to take a taxi. Pls be careful NOT to take any black cab. They are mainly for tourist (the locals won't take the black cab) and cost 2-3 times more than the normal cab.
Took the metro to Haeundae beach around 30-40 mins. Personally I prefer to stay in the city and just take a day to visit the beach area. I prefer the vibe n variety of restaurants in the city compared to the beach area.
Room: Very basic.
Only 2 thin pillows provided.
Bring your own towel. The hotel provides very small towels, the size is slightly bigger than a hand towel.
Small toilet. Shower area has no drainage, the only drainage is at the basin area. Be prepared for a wet- floor toilet.
They provide basic room amenities like shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, hair dryer & even hair gel.
TV: Good selection, there's a few English channels to choose from.
Wifi: Connection come and go. But overall bearable.
Windows: I rather keep the curtains drawn as the window looked out to the alley with an awful view.
Overall good location, very basic room. For the price I am paying, I do think it's good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank Mimidichi
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Hotel Angel in Busan is a bit old, the rooms are small but the Japanese staff there are helpful. The Japanese man and lady at the reception are very efficient. The design of the bathroom is very strange. No matter whether there is a bath tub or there is only shower, water will leak into the bathroom because the drainage will spill into the bathroom. You bring breakfast back to your room. TV does not function properly and computer is old. Wifi service is strong.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2013

The hotel is well located in the city area with close to the subway station.

The room is small but clean. With the price you pay, it is very good valuie.
The only bad side is the design of the bathroom where the only drainage is on the other side which means it is totally flooded each time after shower.

There are plenty of restaurants closed by which is good.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2013

1. easy to find
2. near the metro train
3. perfect place for shopping
4. easy to look for places to eat

All in all, the area is very popular for young crowds and convenience :)
Love shopping there a lot. I'll give it another visit for my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sapphiresea L
Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

I like to somewhere convenient to stay for travel. When I booked this hotel, other told me that the condition was not good. After staying there, I didn't think there was problem except the Internet service in room. Good location for shopping and eating. I saw many Japanese girls to choose this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Actually I do not understand why people like this hotel that much? The location is good indeed, a 5 minute walk to the subway and the airport bus. Shops and restaurants every where.
But the room is small, and the ceiling is low, so it gives you a little cramped feeling. It was clean enough. The bathroom is very small and the drainage is on your bathroom floor! so after taking a shower you have a swimming pool and the floor stays wet. Korea famous for its internet, except in our room, wifi, cable nothing worked and the staff could not fix it? The heating system could not be turned off, so we had to sleep with the ac on and the window open, in December? Beds were ok, but the pillows were so high that you could not use them. It was extremely noisy the whole evening and night and it came from different rooms, we woke up several times because of this. Also from outside came a lot of noise. In front of the hotel they just started a big construction, so after 7 you will wake up. For this money you will find a much better deal. The staff was very friendly, good English and was indeed helpful. In the morning you can get some toast and jam. But we stayed in much better hotels/motels for less money and better rooms. We will not return again to this hotel.

Room Tip: Try a room at the back of the hotel. In front of the hotel they just started a big construction