“Great place to stay”

Kolon Seacloud Hotel
Ranked #21 of 154 Hotels in Busan
Reviewed 2 May 2014

i stayed here for two weeks for work. It was chosen by the company i work for so I had no idea of what it would be like before i got there but i have no complaints. I had a very spacious room with a great sea view of the ocean and the beach across the road. My room had a small kitchen with washing machine, nice bathroom and very comfortable beds. It also has your own personal wifi router in the room which meant no trying to share the same signal with the rest of the rooms on your floor. A rare treat in hotels in South Korea.

Really can't fault anything. Having read other reviews since returning the breakfast is served in a different building over the road but this wasn't a big deal.

I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the higher levels for a great view. Probably at least floor 15 or above...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MissBoo
There are newer reviews for Kolon Seacloud Hotel

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I've stayed 2 nights there with my wife in April. Hotel itself is not luxury, service apartment may be a better name to describe its facilities and services standard. With the reasonable room rates it is quite value for money. We paid extra 33,000 won for early check in at 9:00am and received free upgrade from standard double to a suite with around 500 sq feet. Room is clean and fully furnished. Seaview is breath taking although it was partly covered by another hotel situated in opposite side. Convenient location is the hotel's top attraction. You only need taking 3 minutes walk to reach the famous dining street where located over 30 seafood and traditional Korean restaurants. If you''re a night life lover, the pubs nearby with different styles shall be enough to satisfy you. In all, the hotel given us a good stop to relax , taste Korean food and sightseeing.

Room Tip: It's not worthy to pay extra monry for securing a Seaview room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night for a business trip. Room was quite nice, with a view of the ocean. My colleague stayed in this hotel for three months, and I can see why. Very spacious accommodation, with a kitchenette and washer/dryer. Excellent!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BChoi33
Reviewed 28 January 2014

As the title says, I actually lived in this hotel in a Deluxe Family Suite. It was company-paid and company chosen, so I didn't have much say; but regardless, the hotel is very nice and exceeded my expectations. The cleanliness of this hotel is amazing. Being that I lived in the room for a period of about 2 months, I kept things very tidy, but the cleaning service still came everyday. I forget the room number but I had massive windows overlooking haeundae beach straight ahead and to the right, and the grand hotel/casino to the left. Relaxing at night while watching some TV and overlooking the beach was amazing. My kitchen was an actual kitchen; not a kitchenette. I could cook a full meal and fully stock my 3/4 fridge. It was very practical for one person living there.

I do have to say that the pool was great! Friends of mine that worked/lived in the surrounding areas loved coming by and using the pool/hot tub with me. You can lounge by the pool and overlook the beach. The pool goes right up to the edge; so you can be IN the pool and still have a view. The pool area was very clean always and there was never a shortage of towels.

Parking was ample and was provided by the hotel. Traffic can get a little wild in the morning/evening, so getting in/out of the garage can be difficult, but that's no fault of the hotel.

If you're planning on heading to the HB part of Busan, stop in to the U2 Bar down stairs. That was pretty convenient for me being so close. Lot of expats and english speaking people go here.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2013

very good location in the heart of the touristic area. Fantasic because of the use of the pool, the rooms are like miniappartment where you can cook as well. Clean and friendly staff. HIghly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tiziana l
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel a part of a business trip. The hotel has an interesting layout. First, there is ground lobby. That means, there is no bell boy to help you with your luggage. You got to hull your own luggage to the 4th floor and then change to another elevator around the corner to the 6th floor. The front desk does its job without a smile. Not friendly, just functional. They don't even bother asking to help with your luggage. Hospitality is lost somewhere.

The room is decent. It has a great view as long as you are placed in the higher floors. The room is quite spacious. Beds are quite hard. Isn't plush as you would expect in a four-star facility. There is a kitchen and washer in the room. It seems that it would be good for a family vacation. However, as a business traveler, there was no need for it. As for the washer, I really wanted to use it. Then I found out that there is no dryer function. Why would you place a washer without a dryer? How are you supposed to dry your clothes? Someone placing the washer really didn't think things through.

Location-wise, it is great if you are on a vacation. It is right in front of the beach. Well, you just need to cross a road to reach the beach to be exact but to me that is close enough. There are enough things to do around the place so that is good. There are plenty of choices to eat from. However, it is far from the KTX terminal and Pusan's city center.

Overall, I would place think this is borderline 3.5 to 4 star hotel. It is good hotel but the confusing lobby and the poor quality of the bed isn't up to par to a 4 star hotel. Also, I don't understand why they stuck a half-size tub in a shower space. Doesn't make sense. And of course, they forgot to put a sliding door in the shower space so water splashes into the general enclosed bathroom area that is in the middle of the room. I just feel that the hotel could have a been a lot better if they just changed a couple of things such as putting some plants in the corridors. Just unfortunate.

Room Tip: Get a high floor view facing the ocean. If you get a lower floor room, you probably will be stuck w...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank schezz
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is the most difficult review of our stay in S Korea.
First, the hotel: it's in an amazing position, and we had probably the most spectacular room, on the top, 30th, floor. It overlooked Haidundae beach looking right across the bay to the Western Choisin hotel and the Diamond bridge in the distance. The room was huge and looked as if straight out of the designer magazines. The bathroom was effectively an opaque glass box within this great space, so a little less private if that were to bother you, but stylish and with another of the Samsung super loo/bidets which give an interesting experience! Lots of room for cases and hanging space too.
BUT the room cost £163 per night, and we booked via Expedia for three adults. The basis of the room was for twin beds and we paid for an extra person - or so we thought. At reception, we were told that we had breakfasts for two. My receipt from Expedia stated three adults including breakfast. The room had not been prepared for three, though when we queried this we were told that the extra bed would be arranged. This turned out to be a traditional mattress and bedclothes - no towels or any other acknowledgement of the third visitor. Fortunately our daughter the third person is working in Korea and was not surprised.
I returned to reception to ask that the breakfast issue be sorted out. The staff were obviously not able to sort this out straight away so we went for dinner with the expectation that the booking difficulty would be resolved. We returned - back to reception and after discussion we were given a breakfast voucher for the next day, with the need to sort out in the morning. Great breakfast at VIPS on the 2nd floor. We went off to Gyeongju and had a great day at the ancient capital, back to find still no resolution. I eventually spoke to the duty manager who told me that the room was for two - with an added third. I pointed out that the hotel knew that three people were coming and that the room was not prepared, and that I considered the service did not come up to that of a top hotel. Once he understood that Expedia had effectivey committed the hotel to the breakfast, I returned to the room to collect my Expedia booking confirmation, and returned to allow the desk to copy the form. I received a third voucher without any further difficulty. BUT four visits to reception in two days, room not welcoming for all the expected guests and no warning that the third bed would not be a proper bed. Lucky Great Aunt Celia wasn't with us, lowering herself to the floor! So it may have been the fault of the Expdia website, rather than the Korean practice of adding bedding. But I do feel that a 4/5 star hotel did not provide a welcome for all 3 guests, and took a while to resolve the issue. Of our five SK hotels, only this required return visits to reception. Needless to say the last breakfast was as good as the first.

Room Tip: Take care to press the Make up Room button near the key store by the main door, or your room will no...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family