“Good location”

Kolon Seacloud Hotel
Ranked #21 of 154 Hotels in Busan
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located infront of Haeundae Beach. Is perfect for those who love beach and sun.
Stayed 3 nights.
Breakfast was at the VIPs on the secodn floor.
Kind of basic buffet with fruits/ juice/ eggs/ bread/ some korean foos. Very basic...
My room smelled like cigarrets...which i complain about it and change room. Theres a huge sign with "no smoking" but i guess people dont care about it....
Besides the smoking problem is was good hotel for styaing and chilling in the beach after work.

Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Kolon Seacloud Hotel

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here with my family for 3 nights! As compared to Novotel just across the road ( which i stayed in my previous Busan trip), i'd say this hotel is better. Yes, it's not as near and dead on the beach as Novotel, but it's actually taller so u get a gorgoeus view above the roof of novotel. I got here on the No. 2 shuttle bus with no hassle. The market is just 5 mins away with lots of great restaurants.. I started my morning with a jog along the Haeundae beach! The subway is 10 mins walk and got me to many other destinations with no problem. However, I'd say forget the breakfast as it's really average and it's not worth the extra money. The front desk staff is efficient. I'm really happy with the hotel and highly recommend to my friends as well.

Room Tip: As high as u can get... SEA FACING Is a must
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank shampoo999
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This luxury hotel is very well located, with magnificent views on the nearby beach. My room was extremely spacious, with a large comfortable bed, a mini sitting-room, a kitchen and a bathroom provided with all needed amenities. Everything is clean, and the room is perfectly isolated and quiet. Wifi is efficient, and air conditioning can be monitored by the client (this is very important for European visitors who are used to the extremely cold air-conditioning of Asean countries hotels). 24/24 smiling service at reception desk.
Breakfast (served in a nearby partner-restaurant) is good (both Korean and European food) and provided with an excellent espresso-machine.
A perfect experience !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ParisPaco
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My partner and I stayed in the Seacloud Hotel in Busan over the Buddha's birthday holiday.

The hotel is a modern 30-level building right on the seafront, overlooking Haeundae Beach, a sort of Korean Bondi Beach by reputation.

First off, you need to confirm whether you are booked in the Seacloud itself or Seacloud managed by Kumho, ours was the latter but we didn't realise there were two managing companies. The Kumho version is the tourist version, I believe.

My first impression when checking in was confusion. There are two lobbies, one a modern hotel lobby, the second, the Kumho one, a downmarket version. However, staff were very courteous, spoke good English and helped us extend our stay for another night. You should note that there are two email addresses for the hotel and the one on the web site is for the non-Kumho group and they don't appear to talk to each other. I had sent an email some weeks before asking for the extension but they had not received it. Anyway, check in went OK.

We were given a room on the 24th floor overlooking the beach, an amazing view indeed. Room was big and had all amenities, including a kingsize double bed, a small kitchen/dining area, two comfortable sitting chairs by the panoramic window. We just sat there for a few hours taking in the view, as I said, amazing.

The bathroom is a glass cubicle with a shower, modern electronic toilet with all push buttons to clean any nether bits, and a basin. Overall it was very good.

There is also a large cupboard for hanging clothes and a few drawers. A large TV with as many channels as one can take in available. Free Wifi as you would expect.

The kitchen has a sink, bar fridge, which was empty and a minibar with tea and coffee making facilities. No additional extras.

The bed was very comfortable but the aircon, which worked very well, had only two settings, on or off. There was no way we could change the fan speed which, at full blast was very noisy and interrupted my sleeping. You can open a window but then we got the outside noise, which, after everything closed at some ungodly hour of the morning, was the sea which was very restfull.

Then we come to breakfast.

Now, this review maybe clouded by the fact we seemed to be on the Kumho side of the hotel. We were given a voucher for a cafe attached to the hotel. There is a restaurant in the hotel itself but maybe this is only for non-Kumho residents. Basically, forget breakfast, go outside and pay cheaper for it. The voucher costs $20 and given that first off we had to queue for 15 minutes, then had a choice of empty food bowls or cold servings, this was not a good experience. OK, it was Buddha's birthday, but you would have thought the place would put on more staff. Coffee didn't work, fruit juice was sickly cordial, as I said, serving bowls were empty or the food was cold, there was no butter for what 'bread' there was. All in all, as I said, get breakfast outside.

I am not sure I would stay here again. There are lots of competing hotels in the area and next time, I would go for one of those.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bobjtls
Reviewed 2 May 2014

i stayed here for two weeks for work. It was chosen by the company i work for so I had no idea of what it would be like before i got there but i have no complaints. I had a very spacious room with a great sea view of the ocean and the beach across the road. My room had a small kitchen with washing machine, nice bathroom and very comfortable beds. It also has your own personal wifi router in the room which meant no trying to share the same signal with the rest of the rooms on your floor. A rare treat in hotels in South Korea.

Really can't fault anything. Having read other reviews since returning the breakfast is served in a different building over the road but this wasn't a big deal.

I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the higher levels for a great view. Probably at least floor 15 or above...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MissBoo
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I've stayed 2 nights there with my wife in April. Hotel itself is not luxury, service apartment may be a better name to describe its facilities and services standard. With the reasonable room rates it is quite value for money. We paid extra 33,000 won for early check in at 9:00am and received free upgrade from standard double to a suite with around 500 sq feet. Room is clean and fully furnished. Seaview is breath taking although it was partly covered by another hotel situated in opposite side. Convenient location is the hotel's top attraction. You only need taking 3 minutes walk to reach the famous dining street where located over 30 seafood and traditional Korean restaurants. If you''re a night life lover, the pubs nearby with different styles shall be enough to satisfy you. In all, the hotel given us a good stop to relax , taste Korean food and sightseeing.

Room Tip: It's not worthy to pay extra monry for securing a Seaview room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night for a business trip. Room was quite nice, with a view of the ocean. My colleague stayed in this hotel for three months, and I can see why. Very spacious accommodation, with a kitchenette and washer/dryer. Excellent!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business