Tower Hill Hotel is a great place to stay in Busan. It is well located in an area that has a real buzz and loads of restaurants within 100 yards, but is never noisy. All main sites can be accessed via efficient and cheap metro, and there is a stop five minutes stroll away. The rooms are large and comfortable. As other reviewers have noted the bath is tiny, but there is one. Rooms come with tea, a few free bottles of mineral water and a safe. The only qualm we had was that when we arrived we were greeted by a member of staff who was short with us in every interaction he had. Went up and told him who we were he said 'passports' - I gave him mine, he said 'all'. Then he gave me card for room and said '525'. Literally ... a three word book in! I then had to enquire as to where 525 was and how we would get there. A real shame as in all other respects I would happily recommend this hotel.
1) We walked with two suitcases and a buggy from Busan Station, which only took 15 minutes - having used the metro after this we think the walk is far quicker. Just exit the station and turn left, cross over and walk until you see the giant Lotte shopping centre in front of you, then turn left and take two blocks until you get to the hotel.
2) The hotel restaurant - the Steak House - is good for a quick bite. But even better is 'Dips', a pizza, pasta and Korean food place immediately in front of the hotel. We went twice and had three meals, a couple of beers each and soft drinks for the kids and never spent more than 32000 won (ie under 20 quid).
3) The massage place on the ground floor is open 24 hours and has a deal where you get a cup of tea, a foot bath and then a 20 minute dip of your feet in the fish tank for 5000 won (ie 3 quid!!).
4) Go to top floor of Lotte shopping centre and they have a roof top garden with viewing platforms of the sea and the city - better than Busan tower and free!!!
5) For breakfast you can use the hotel restaurant for 11000 won per adult for a buffet, which seems very reasonable though we never used it and don't know what the buffet consisted of. However, if you go out of the hotel and walk left over the crossing on the busy road and a further 200 yards this is a Paris Baguette place where we all had fresh pastries and drinks for 11000 which was great.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tower Hill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.