All reviews rooftop bar modern hotel kind staffs great ocean business trip front desk staff the ground floor business hotel beach area convenience store enjoyed my stay convenient location haeundae amenities cafes minibar conference
Reviewed 6 January 2019

Have been coming to this area over the last two years and staying at another property that cost almost 3 times the price.
Would certainly recommend this property, central location for trying out various restaurants and a nice stroll on the beach front to relax after a day’s work.

Room tip: Sea View would be fist choice then City View
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ShillaStay, 제너럴 매니저 at Shilla Stay Haeundae, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2019

Dear JudeAberdeen

Thanks for your 5 star review and rating.

Genaral Manager Bruce Jeong

Reviewed 26 December 2018

Nice, clean, with top of life amenities. I stayed here for a conference and it offered peace and quite. One side has a beautiful ocean view. The other (where I stayed) looks out on the cityscape of Haeundae. Nice enough. Nice lobby, and an excellent breakfast bar rounded it all out well.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ShillaStay, 제너럴 매니저 at Shilla Stay Haeundae, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2018

Dear SBrentP

Thanks for your 5 star review and rating,

Genaral Manager
Bruce Jeong

Reviewed 10 December 2018 via mobile

I was there for few days to work. I’m so impressed about the achirtecture of this hotel. Main color is gray, so modern. Breakfast was good, staff have good attitude and beautiful face.
Love all stuff in my room. Highly recommend!

Trip type: Travelled on business
ShillaStay, 제너럴 매니저 at Shilla Stay Haeundae, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2018

Dear gracie-nhp

Thanks for your 5 star review and rating,

Genaral Manager
Bruce Jeong

Reviewed 18 November 2018

Staff in general had no people skills what so ever. I was told the bar closed at 12 so arrived from my day trip at 11pm for a beer or two but was refused as the last orders for drink was at 11pm (A whole hour before officially closing). I couldn't even persuade her for 1 single beer but instead was advised to go to a shop under the hotel where I could buy beer. Such a depressing hotel to stay in i.e grey decor on floors, doors and walls. Elevators take an age.. The price I payed seriously didn't reflect the hotel at all. I will be stealing my clients/colleagues away from here.

Room tip: Don't go here just because of the beach location. great subway service to visit the beach. It really isn't worth it.
1  Thank Highonwater
ShillaStay, 제너럴 매니저 at Shilla Stay Haeundae, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2018

Dear Highonwater
First of all, we would like to express our sincere thanks for your warm comments about Shilla Stay.
We are all really happy to read your comments about our hotel’s. On the other hand, we fully understand your mentioning By training and managing our staff thoroughly, we will make sure you will not experience the same inconvenience.
We are carefully reviewing your comments/suggestions, and we promise to make further improvements and serve you better.
We deeply appreciate your valuable comments again and sincerely wish you and your family good health and peace.

Haeundae, Shilla Stay

Reviewed 6 November 2018

The Shilla Stay is a very modern and stylish hotel, reason why I chose it. Service, however, leaves a lot to be desired. I called reception for two wine glasses, I was told to come down to get them. So I went down and it took reception about 15 minutes to get me the glasses - and then I even had to sign for them. When I made a comment about this, the answer was: "Ohhh, we are a Business Hotel". I still do not know what that has to do with it. Then the next day I had to change my trip and I needed to check out earlier than originally planned. I advised the previous evening, and after 15 minute debate, the lady at the front said it was okay. Little did I know that the next morning on check-out I had another battle of about 30 minutes to check-out one day early. Lack of English knowledge of the front desk staff did not help either.
Besides, beds are extremely unconfortable.

Room tip: Rooms with ocean view are great - but I would chose a different Hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dieter F
ShillaStay, 제너럴 매니저 at Shilla Stay Haeundae, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear Dieter F