“Great Get Away While Living in Seoul”
Review of Haeundae Beach

Ranked #1 of 215 things to do in Busan
Seoul, South Korea
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great Get Away While Living in Seoul”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I live and work in Seoul. To me, a weekend getaway to Haeundae Beach in Busan, can be just what I need to relax. The water is pretty cold every time and the beach isn't the most scenic, but this isn't southeast Asia or the Caribbean. Like I said, it is the perfect weekend getaway if living in Korea, but I wouldn't go out of my way to visit this beach.

So many people I talk to warn me how busy it is and that the crowds are unbearable, but that is only if you are in the area with all of the umbrellas. Personally, I don't understand why anyone would want to sit there. My fiancee and I get a spot in front of the Paradise Hotel and Casino and there is plenty of room to stretch out, put down a few beach towels and enjoy your space. Best to visit, but also the busiest, June-September.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
130 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 210 helpful votes
“Too crowded!!!”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Everyone likes to go this place .... for people watching ... and be watched. its too crowded for my taste. Everyone seems to like to place because its where the action is!
But I still prefer the more quiet Gwangalli Beach. More relaxing and I have a beautiful view of the Gwangalli bridge.

Asia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best summer beach”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Nice scenery with lots of activities to from morning till dawn!! The best is to stay at Novotel Ambassador Hotel. When at the beach area don't forget to go to the Busan Aquarium located near the Smart Beach counter.

Seattle
3 attraction reviews
“Okay...”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Well it's fun for Asia, not a bad place all in all, good night life, but don't expect too much, it's not that great. I would equate it to a Japanese Izakaya district.

Talbott, Tennessee
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“good but not in summer”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Haeundae is a nice beach but definitely avoid during the summer, it gets much too crowded, and a good portion of the beach is covered in parasols. Best to visit a different beach in Busan around that time. However the area is nice and the beach is good for a visit when it's less crowded.

Visited July 2014