“Solid nightlife option”

Ranked #48 of 35,585 Restaurants in Busan
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Wolfhound Irish Pub & Restaurant serving up 11 beers on tap including Irish favorites like Guinness, Kilkenny and Magners as well as local Korean craft beers with a full cocktail list. It also serves hearty homestyle western food like Fish & Chips, Burgers, Breakfast, Bangers & Mash and more. Can get a bit rowdy on Saturday nights especially if its a long weekend or if they are having a special event.
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I first encountered the Wolfhound through its Seoul incarnation, but found the Busan cousin a wonderfully warm and welcoming addition to Busan as well. Many a warm summer evening was spent relaxing at the bar and eating some hearty English/Irish fare.

Its location in Haeundae makes it a good jumping off point for further night time silliness.

1  Thank AussieOnTheRoadcom

Reviewed 5 October 2012

If you're looking for a nice quaint Irish pub with delicious food and craft beers, The Wolfhound Busan is your spot. If you're looking for an insane, music-fuelled, best-night-of-your-life pub then, er...., Wolfhound Busan is also your spot.

I have been to this establishment numerous times over the past two years. During that time, there has been little change in the way of decor or service. The interior is furnished with an understated Irish theme. A few Irish signs hang from the walls, but it thankfully leaves out the pots and pans dangling from the ceiling business that many of the "O'Irish" pubs around the world go for. It's basically a Western style bar. Nice open plan, plenty of seating - three and four table configurations, as well as couches for bigger groups. There is also plenty of standing room at the bar that, for guys like me, provides a welcome change from the standard, closed off, Korean style "Hof".

One thing that has changed about this pub in recent times is the beer menu. As much as any man can love the Korean mass-produced beers, there are times when a good beer is worth the price. I have recently taken a shine to the Craft beers on sale - the Hefewisen being number one on my list. As I like to enjoy a nice beer with my food, these beers provide the perfect accompaniment. As for the food, one word - Amazing.

Some of the other reviewers have complained about the service at the Wolfhound, although I have never encountered this problem myself. Saying that, I normally prefer to approach the bar myself to get a round in. Most of the staff in there are young Korean students so they are a bit more used to having "Yogio" yelled at them, but they are learning to adapt to the Western style a bit more. In my experience, a pleasant smile and a simple "Hi" or "Excuse me" does the trick quite well.

Getting back to my opening statement, The Wolfhound can be one of two things. During the week, it's a nice place for a quiet few drinks and some banter. You'll probably meet a nice mix of ESL teachers and business people, both foreigners and Koreans. If you manage to catch it on a weekend night or on one of their event nights, prepare yourself. I have witnessed some of the greatest feats of human endurance, I've danced and sang and drank all night, and I've met some of the best, most fun-loving people (mostly ex-pats) in Busan - seriously, folks songs will be written about these people.

A new feature that my friends and I also enjoy is the acoustic live music on a Friday night. We're lucky that Busan is littered with musical talent, and it's a great place to nullify the effects of overdosing on K-Pop.

Some friends of mine would think that the Wolfhound is a little expensive, although I don't believe this is the case. When compared to a Korean restaurant with Korean beers, it is always going to be the more expensive option on a night out. If you're on a budget stick to the Cass or the Red Rock. But, in my experience, you get what you pay for. And at The Wolfhound Busan, you get it in spades.

1  Thank Barry M
Reviewed 1 May 2012

After a hard day at the office, who doesn't like to kick back and relax with a drop og their favourite tipple. Which is why, my first jon on arriving in Busan was finding where the Kilkenny flowed. 5 minutes later, I had my answer and set off for the Wolfhound.

Opening hours appear to be a tad unusual here, because the place didn't open until after 6 on a week night but, saints be praised, I finally had a pint in my hand. I could then start having a look at my surroundings..

Same regurgitated signs adorn the walls of countless other Irish 'theme' pubs, so nothing to differentiate there. Atmosphere was slow, to say the least, but I have said I arrived just after opening, so I made allowances early on. Music was terrible and on a loop, I started to be able to tell the time by the track playing and the place lacked that special something.. attentive staff. When you are sat at the bar, in front of the cash register and with the Kilkenny tap inches from your empty pint, and a clientele that topped out at 10, if we were lucky, then how is it possible, with 3 staff on duty, you can possibly have to sit attempting to get served? Boredom setting in?? It certainly was for me...

Thankfully, my local 7-11 saved the day and I now have a regular supply of my favourite tipple, without subjecting myself to what can only be described as the worst Irish them bar I have visited...

1  Thank ScotsExpatDubai
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The Wolfhound is by far my favourite place to go on the weekend. Being Irish, I feel right at home here & always have a great night. I love their food & would highly recommend the Chicken Caesar Salad - I get it every time! There's a great selection of beers & great drink specials sometimes. There's nothing like a crisp glass of cider to recover on a Sunday afternoon after having a great time dancing & drinking with friends there the night before.
The staff are friendly and attentive, & even good for a chat if you're on your own. The atmosphere is second to none, especially if there's a party of sports event on. Many a great night have I spent with my friends here - give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Aoife O
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We went there on a recommendation we found on the internet and were pleasantly surprised. We went twice while on our trip to Busan and enjoyed the service and food as well as the atomosphere both times. We went there on a Friday night and it was a kind of quiet night but a good mix of foreigners and quite a few Koreans. It was great for us to eat and talk with our daughter who teaches in Korea. The second night we went was Saturday but we left after dinner as the music was getting louder and the crowd much younger and rowdier. Well according to us old folks.