“comfortable stay”

ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre
Ranked #9 of 187 Hotels in Busan
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had a good sized room which was very clean and comfortable. There was a nice restaurant on the reception floor Level 17 with a choice of buffet or a la carte. The reception staff were friendly, helpful and spoke English which is always a plus for us.The entrance to the subway Line 1 is right next to the hotel entrance and down in the subway between two stations is a great array of shops. Right next door to the hotel is a most interesting covered market.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank diob255114
ibis_Busan, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Diob255114

Warm greetings from ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive and kind your feedback. once again, I deeply appreciate your compliment of hotel.

Especially, We appreicate your compliment that the room was good sized room which was very clean and comfortable. And nice restaurant on the reception floor Level 17 with a choice of buffet or a la carte. The reception staff were friendly, helpful and spoke English.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I picked this mostly because I'm a international chain person and it helped that I'm with Accor (although booked from Hotel Club as they had a good deal) and the reviews of the property was not bad at all.

GETTING THERE - I took the KTX from Seoul so getting to the hotel was super easy - I just had to get to the metro from the Busan station after getting off the KTX and take to Bujeon. Tip: buy the 1-day ticket at 4,500won as its alot cheaper than buying multiple one ways. But please note that the exit sign pointing to Ibis after coming out from the subway actually leads you to be across the road from the hotel - not sure why. You have to walk pass that exit, get into the underground mall and take the next exit to your right which you see. You will be right at Ibis' doorstep after that.

ROOM - Check in on level 17 was quick and I was in my double room 10mins later. The room was almost similar to the one at Myeongdong Seoul but this feels more spacious. The TV was wall mounted too so that really was a nice change from Seoul. Very clean and hardworking housekeeping staff too. The bathroom was oddly in a triangular shape but its not that big a problem for me as long as everything is clean and functional.

LOCATION - Right above Bujeon station but in a neighborhood area. The local market is at the doorstep if you are interested but not me. Right across the street is a Paris Baguette and local restaurants, plus a convenience store and starbucks right on level 1 of the same building - makes for convenient breakfast choices if you room does not include breakfast like me. Didnt feel any whiff of being in the same building as a hospital at all.

SERVICE - We received welcome drinks (non-alcoholic) to be redeemed at the bar which was nice although they just had coke or sprite. Service was always smiley too. Check in and check out was both very quick.

FACILITIES - other than the welcome drink at the bar, I didnt try anything else. But I did have a craving for Korean food for dinner one day and asked the restaurant staff about the menu to which he replied that they only have italian food now due to a promotion. A hotel in korea which has no korean food sounds very strange to me. In the end I walked across the street just to get the korean cold noodles.

I would recommend the hotel due to its accessibility and cleanliness. Busan is a small city so getting around the idiot proof metro system is not a problem even if you are a first time tourist.

Room Tip: Any room which is not on the same level as the laundry room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hburn10
ibis_Busan, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Ms. Hburn 10

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I deeply appreciate your compliment of our Hotel location and every staff
Also we will more focus on the overall accommodations for our customers.
Your long article is great strength to us.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Ibis hotel is centrally located in Busan and right next to the subway on line 1, get off at Bujeon station. Our room was spacious and clean and it had a good WiFi connection. Reception is on level 17.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ibis_Busan, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Mr.Colscott

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I deeply appreciate your compliment of our Hotel and location.
Also we will more focus on the overall accommodations for our customers.

I immediately raise issue to related department and police station around here.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hotel is ok, but the area felt as unsafe as I ever felt in Korea. I'm sure it was okay, but if the hotel was in a different area it would have got a higher rating.

Rooms were comfy tho, and the bathroom although small was perfectly adequate. There is a convenience store on the ground floor which was really useful. And there is good access to the subway system.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Nev D

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I deeply appreciate your compliment of our Hotel and location.
Also we will more focus on the overall accommodations for our customers.
However, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations which you felt unsafe around our hotel.
I immediately raise issue to related department and police station around here.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank hello_there10

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Knowing that Ibis is rather reputable in the travel industry, it gave me an edge over the other hotels to choose from in Busan. What attracted me was also the reasonable price for the comfortable stay we had for 3 nights in Busan in April.

Location - The hotel was located a few stations away from the train station at Bujeon Station. Alternatively, if you take a taxi, it only took about 10-15 mins and is pretty cheap, about 7000won. There is a Bujeon Market nearby that is worth a visit, especially if you are a fruit lover like my family! We bought lots of fresh fruits at a very cheap price! Compared to any other super markets, this market sells it the cheapest! A whole large tray of large and sweet strawberries for only 7000 won! There is also an underground shopping centre which sells cheap clothes, but mostly for children or older ladies/men.

Checking in - Although the lobby or the check in counter of the hotel is located at the top of the building, there is a bell counter at the first level and the bell boy will gladly direct you up to the lobby. There is this particular thinner guy (can't remember his name) who greeted us very warmly and eagerly pressed the lift for us and even helped us to go out to the road to call for a taxi when we needed one. His performance was very outstanding, compared to the other bell boys we have seen through the 3 days. The service people at the reception also speaks good english. However it would be good to ask for additional pillow, if you need one when you check in, or else when you call them, they will ask you to go back up to the reception counter to collect it. So to save you from the hassle of traveling up and down again, ask for it when you check in.

Room - We stayed at a normal king standard room. It was spacious enough for us to open our luggage in the room, with plenty of walking space around. There is a small sitting sofa and a little study table as well. We had a little window by the side to check out the weather or look at the road conditions below the streets. The aircon in the room was very sensitive and it was great as when we adjusted the temperature, we could feel the difference after a while. The rooms were kept very clean and room service surely did a good job! Thank you for that. However, I do agree with the other reviewers that the wall was pretty thin, and we could hear noise from people walking around outside or beside your room. Thankfully we did not have noisy neighbours so it was great!

Overall experience was a pleasant one, and I would recommend you to stay here if you don't mind traveling a few stations to return to your room as compared to having a hotel located right next to Busan Station. For the reasonable price paid, it was indeed a comfortable stay and value for money. We did not add on the breakfast as it was pretty pricey and there are many other places to eat around there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ms. Shirloves

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I deeply appreciate your compliment of our Hotel about staff and location.
Also we will more focus on the overall accommodations for our customers.
However, I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations which delivery stuff as you need to your room.
I immediately raise issue to related department and staffs

Reviewed 26 May 2014

It's actually a convenient hotel located directly on the same train line from busan station. It is also easy to walk to the lotte departmental store and many local eateries around. Very accessible and well trained staff! You may like to ask for the city map from the check in counter.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
ibis_Busan, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Mr. Benneth C

We very much appreciate your comments and information of hotel during your stay at the Ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive and kind feedback.