“On the Beach”

The Westin Chosun Busan
Ranked #6 of 156 Hotels in Busan
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I have stayed at many Westin hotels and this one meets the standard! It's the only hotel that is directly ON THE BEACH. We stayed on the top floor with a king size bed (however, the bed is rather small compared to USA standard king bed - I even called downstairs to ask and make sure it was the right room). I'm thinking it's a cultural difference. Breakfast on the executive floor was amazing and had great views of the ocean! I ate at the pub and enjoyed live music one night and that was really nice and relaxing. I also hung out one late evening upstairs drinking and shooting pool. (I will add that the bar tenders couldn't make great mixed drinks - pina colada / martini) stick to beer/wine. The customer service was great at every moment. The location is really great and I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be right on the beach. That's why I went to Busan, so it was perfect.

PS - there is a shuttle from the airport to the hotel - it's only 7000won - take it! It's much cheaper than taking a taxi.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Jen K, Manager at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also we appreciate your good comments on our hotel location, facilities and the services. We hope to have you again and get a chance to provide you with the better services on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I had a room with the ocean view which was really great. The hotel is also right next to a great park around the tip of the cove. I wish I had more time to explore. The hotel is fantastic with fantastic amenities - gym, sauna, lounge. Its right next to all the action on the beach. Also, it was all within walking distance of several eating places. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen O
Jen K, Manager at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also we appreciate your good comments on our hotel location and the facilities. We hope to have you again and get a chance to provide you with the better services on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I came just for one night as we have never been to busan and heard it was a great city to visit while in South Korea. We arrived 3 hrs early from the busan station and was hoping to just drop off our bag or possibly do an early check in. While one of the front desk employees told us there would be an additional fee, the manager Robins Kim got us checked in with no problems..he just took care if it as we were deciding to leave our bag in baggage claims. He and the rest of the stuff were so courteous and friendly...way better service than any Westin in the states. Really felt like a 5 star hotel without the 5 star price tag. View and location are amazing and the breakfast was extensive. We would definitely return again. Thank you Mr. Kim and staff for a short but pleasant stay!

Room Tip: We recommend taking a morning walk to the APEC house adjacent to the hotel. There is a stunning oc...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sueOD2
Jen K, Manager at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

We appreciate your good comments on a location of our hotel and the services. Your comments have been shared with our front office manager Mr. Robins Kim and all our associates. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We will keep trying to do our best to fulfill each one of our guest’s expectations, and hope to get another chance to provide you with the better services on your next visit.

Thank you.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I love this hotel! Stayed only one night with my boyfriend and wish we had time to stay longer. It has gorgeous room views. I DEFINITELY recommend paying extra for the sea view and if it's in your budget get an "executive" room which includes free breakfast buffet, free lunch snack bar, and free open bar with snack bar from 6-8!!! (With drinks that you pour yourself! Worth it!) Wifi works great all over the hotel. The beach is very nice and there are some good food places and attractions in the area like the Busan aquarium and a ferris wheel. Beds are VERY comfy and the room was spotless.

Room Tip: Get an "executive" room which includes free breakfast buffet, free lunch snack bar, and fr...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hatsuchi
Jen K, Manager at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

We appreciate your good comments on a location of our hotel and the services.
We are very happy to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your recent stay and we will do our best to fulfill each one of our guest’s expectations. We hope to have you again and get a chance to provide you with the better services on your next visit.

Thank you.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I had two nights here very hectic meetings on both days. This Hotel really took care of me. The rooms were very comfortable and quiet. In addition the internet was very good indeed. I won't hesitate to use this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Jen K, Manager at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also we appreciate your good comments on our hotel room and the services. We hope to have you again and get a chance to provide you with the better services on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

After taking a walk on the beach, I turned around to look at our hotel and was amazed by it's placement on the beach and its breath taking location. We left the Westin in Seoul to go to Busan to be closer to our two adopted Korean children's birth places. Going from the Westin in Seoul to Busan felt like a giant step down, but come on, the Westin in Seoul is impeccable. When you are in Busan you are less likely to run in to English speakers, the concierge is top notch and can help you with any needs you may have. Our view in room 622 was amazing, I loved watching the swimmers and rescue practice operations, was so pleased to have a 5 star view. The one reason it didn't get a 5 star is the micro-small bathrooms, not enough counter space and is in serious need of some elbow room. The one hilarious sign, and one I couldn't quite wrap my head around is the entrance to the Atlantic Beach Club, the pool, sauna and work out area "Please be advised that any person who has tattoos on their body is not allowed to enter the center." A massive cultural difference there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Judi H
Jen K, Manager at The Westin Chosun Busan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

We appreciate your good comments on our hotel location and the concierge service. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also, regarding the size of the bath room, your comments have been shared with our management team and the correct measures will be taken to improve the quality of our hotel facility. Thank you again for your time to write about your stay, and we look forwards to providing you with better services on your next visit at the Westin Chosun Busan.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

We booked a Beach View room which was definitely worth the extra cost since the views are breathtaking any time of day. I was disappointed though with pretty much everything else. The room walls are paper thin, so you hear everything in the hall and adjacent rooms. There were a lot of kids on my hall so that proved frustrating. Second, the sauna is an extra cost which was news to me. So, even though we are paying a high price for this room, we have to fork over another 20,000 won each per visit to the sauna. And we are told this is a 50% discount. The coffee in the room is not unlimited as you would expect in a hotel of this brand. You get two complimentary nescafe pods and after that its extra. Its not the cost that bother me so much but the add ons here and there ruins the experience of staying in what you thought was a at least 4 star hotel.
When I checked in, they had no record of my reservation even though I had booked and paid in full and had received confirmation. It took over 20mins as I had to go to a back room and retrieve my email confirmation. The staff is very nice and pleasant but am not sure I would bill them as english speaking.
The restaurants inside the hotel are very overpriced so I would recommend venturing out for dinner.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam112013

Thank you for staying at The Westin Chosun Busan.

We at the Westin Chosun understand the importance of fulfilling each one of our guest’s expectations and it greatly concerns me that the problems you encountered from the noise, sauna entrance fee and in-room service during your stay. Your comments have been shared with our management team and the correct measures will be taken to prevent any similar occurrence in the near future.

I on behalf of our team at the Westin Busan would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and look forwards to providing you with better services on your next visit at the Westin Chosun Busan.