“A Great Family Getaway”

Paradise Hotel Busan
Ranked #5 of 187 Hotels in Busan
Reviewed 31 July 2014

If you're looking for a great place to relax with the family, this is a wonderful location on popular Haeundae Beach. While the hotel and amenities in general are pricey; we were pleasantly surprised at the level of comfort, cleanliness, convenience and service. We asked the concierge many questions and were always met with a courteous attitude, given directions as needed and an area map. Indoor and outdoor spa, play station game room, shopping, lounge, restaurants are all made available on site. The boardwalk runs directly in front of the hotel. A leisurely stroll will bring you to shopping, restaurants and the Busan Aquarium. Observe the fishing boats at far end in the early morning bringing in the fresh catch of the day. The one con was that the pool was unavailable at the time; however, we were given complimentary access for one trip the spa to make up for the inconvenience. I recommend a call ahead to make sure construction is not ongoing and the dates/hours listed on the website are in effect. So far, my family agrees that this is the most comfortable, upscale hotel visit we have had in South Korea.

Room Tip: Ocean view with balcony recommended. If you choose an ocean view, you will be pleasantly surprised b...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather H

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here in July 2014 for a work trip. I had an Ocean view room for the first 5 days and a city view room for the second 5 days. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are gorgeous and the towels are soft.
I wasn't paying for the room, but it is not an inexpensive hotel.
I personally preferred the city view room as it was fun to watch the city.
The buffet breakfast was phenomenal with lots of options and a staffed omelette/noodle soup bar.
The staff was attentive and helpful, the gentlemen outside were always helpful getting us taxis or helping with directions. There was an error on my bill which I didn't notice until I had checked out - the hotel was helpful and corrected the error and emailed me a new receipt.
Easy walking distance to lots of restaurants and to the subway.
If you're a runner head out of the hotel towards the beach and turn right - at the end there is a loop around a small island which is closed to traffic. Lots of people out exercising. :) There is a jogging map in the drawer with stationary.

Room Tip: Depending on your preference - city or beach view. I would request a higher floor for a better view...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Silverwlf
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was nice, but since they keep the air conditioning on low, you have to turn the temp low for comfort. Aside from that, the room was great with a spectacular ocean view. There are plenty ot pools/spas to choose from that also overlook the beach. The executive lounge was great! Excellent breakfast choice and the hours (breakfast and happy hour) suited my business schedule. Cons - the carpet in the hallway was a bit dingy.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the beach. There is nightlife on the beach, so ask for higher floor to avoid the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our family was very excited for this hotel because it is located at the beach front.
I reserved three rooms for my family and we got city view rooms on the 12th floor.
I tried to change rooms for an ocean view and checked with front staff. He couldn't arrange it on first day but on the second day we got an ocean view on the 5th floor. After We moved to the ocean view, I realized the rooms are at lower rates than the city view because and we couldn't use the spa and needed to pay extra. The coffee maker was a hand brew instead of the instant cup coffee machine that was in our previous rooms. I paid more for these new rooms, but all they had were better views with less expensive machines. I was so disappoint at the front desk.
I recommend to anyone who goes to this hotel to get an upper floor room, and if you decide to change your room, even if you want to pay, make sure you check the amenity available for your use.

Room Tip: Reserve ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed here for four nights as a family of three. It is a lovely hotel with a beautiful lobby and nice landscaping. It is also standing right next to a sandy beach. Our room was nice and spacious, but did not, unfortunately have the view of the sea.
The reason we chose to stay here was that it was the conference hotel. Otherwise I am not sure we would have paid the extra amount. Everything in the hotel including except the ice cream ($5) was very expensive (about $20 for coffee, and $25 (US) for regular beer?), but the location, as I've said was very good with nice restaurants two blocks away.
Our daughter enjoyed the sea (though it was somewhat grayish with industrial looking structures/vessels around), the pool in front with jumping stones inside, the Playstation lounge (free), the airguns (to get sand off of your feet), and the newly opened aquarium nearby. We enjoyed the free internet (but annoyed that you had to enter the login info and click on the 'agreement' every, single, time), and the quality of the bathroom cosmetics. I adored the natural stone used on the walls of the elevator shaft and the bathroom - just plain beautiful! My wife enjoyed the buffet they prepared for the conference. The staff was also very good, as in most places in S.Korea.
Overall it was a splendid experience, though a bit pricey. We would also like to try the natural hot water spa if we have the chance in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms with the sea view should be nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank icagri
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I passed two nights in this hotel and honestly it's a real 5 stars hotel.

Everything is perfect, from the rooms, the restaurants, the guys, the gym and the swimming pool with the sauna.

It's really the best choice if you want to relax yourself and be in the middle of the night life!

Surely you have to go there! Very very recommended.....even if expensive....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have stayed at the Paradise many times over several years. The beach location is fantastic but I also really like the staff, the gym, the outdoor spa, and my wife really likes the ladies hot sauna. The band at Charlie's Pub is quite good if you can afford the drink prices. The recently open Nyx Grill was pretty good although the wine selection was lacking. The executive lounge is good for breakfast and tea throughout the day and the staff are very helpful. I usually have a room in the newer wing but was put in the main wing this time. The room was okay but a bit tired and the A/C was not great. With the opening of the Park Hyatt hotel not far away, the standard for high end hotels at Haeundae Beach has been raised significantly. The Paradise needs a facelift to keep up and to leverage their location.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms on the beach side in the Annex Wing are the best.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business