“Under A building which consists of few guesthouse along” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Story Guesthouse

Story Guesthouse
Ranked #38 of 156 Speciality Lodging in Busan
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Under A building which consists of few guesthouse along”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

From the Haeundae Station exit No.1 out, to walk about 15-20 minutes to reach. Uncertain and insecure feeling along the walk, am I walking the wrong way? anyway, I reached safely. The building has elevator and different guesthouse allocate in each floor. Story Guesthouse is one of them on 7th Floor. Not too bad, good for summer for stay. If you have more budget or not solo, a lot motel nearby.

Room Tip: I stayed in 6 person dorm. spacious than expected.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

This is the best guesthouse i ever stay in busan compare to the guesthouse in jeju and seoul. The guesthouse is very clean, toilet also clean with complete complimentary. When you visit for the first time, there will be hotel tour to introduce anything about the hotel. The guys who serve us also very nice,friendy and handsome of course. Only the shower for women is open (we can see each other) which is not common for us. The breakfast is opem from 7 am which is very good for backpacker and we cook ourself. The place is very near to hongdae beach 5 minutes walk and 7 minutes walk to the metro. There is kimbab restaurant near the way to metro and it's very delicious.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Edginalho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a Saturday and Sunday night in October and we're very impressed by the place. The main area is very nice with a good, relaxed atmosphere helped by the friendly staff.

We stayed in a two person room, traditional Korean style futon which was probably a mistake. We live in japan so are used to futons but these were much thinner so they felt much harder. It's quite noisy at night, especially with a karaoke place on the floor above which finished around 12. Sunday was quieter as most guests seemed to be older Korean ladies instead of the younger people on Saturday.

It was a lovely place to stay except the noise and I'd recommend the bed style. It's in a very convenient area and had a great price. Good tv in the room too.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Story guesthouse is really the best guesthouse I have been in so far.It is very clean,modern and you get everything there.If you forgot your toothbrush,shaver,towel.They provide that for you.Breakfast is also included (toast).For westeners its good to keep in mind that the towels are small (korean standard).The personell is awesome! So welcoming and friendly! Especially Mr Han :) The location is right by the beach so that is good as well.I would defenetly recommend Story guesthouse for everyone!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

There was a long weekend coming up with Friday as a Holiday and to be honest, Busan was like super fully booked. There were no rooms any where and we had our train tickets from Suwon booked and we had no idea where to stay.
I found story guest house thru a very random google search and i generally don't trust them but im so glad that i found story guest house. I had seen the pictures on the net and its just so much more better when you actually get there.
We reached Haeundae beach after a night long beach party and its not very far from the beach.Its around 10 Min walk to Story. We were 4 of us and we had booked 4 beds. We were greeted so well by sarah and her colleague and my oh my.. i was stunned to see the place.
1:Its Spick and Span,Spotless an clean.
2:They have a common room where you have a kitchen, juice,coffee and a couple of computer terminals.
3: They have a Bathroom area for the guys as well as the girls and a common wash room
4:The beds are nice, Cozy and Comfy.
5:They also have facilities for your laudnry
6:They have a basic condiment shop in case you're hungry or forgot your toothbrush.
7: They staff is so extremely helpful and cheerful. They are always eager to help you for any thing and everything
8: If you plan to go to the Busan Aquarium please speak to Sarah or any one at the reception. Guests of Story have a discounted ticket.

All in all this place was amazing. I would love to come back to Story when ever im in busan.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank rugheadrohit
Canmore, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Out of my 5 weeks in Korea, the 4 days I've spend in Story guesthouse was the best of my trip! The staff are so friendly, the facilities are big and so clean. I really miss that place. I met some people there that I will remember forever. Seriously this is the best place to stay. Comfortable, very affordable, neat, friendly staff, near the beach, its perfect! Next time I come to Korea, I will plan more days in Busan because of Story Guesthouse. Memorial time, and thank you for everything again! From the French Canadian Marc Miss you guys!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
홍콩, 중국
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

I am from Hong Kong and I stayed in this guesthouse when I traveled to Busan on August,2012. This guesthouse is big, clean, comfortable with reasonable price. The staff are so nice to everyone and kind to give me information on traveling in Busan which helped a lot. It is not far from the 해운대 subway station and train station where I can go there by walk within 10 minutes. I appreciated a lot with the design of the guesthouse, 5/F is with a warm feeling and 7/F is with modern feeling. And they provide all the things you need for daily living like towel, shampoo+ conditioner+body wash in the washroom. They also included simple western style breakfast like bread and egg and drinks, which makes your travel day with a good start.
So next time when I travel to Busan again with my family, I am sure that I will bring them to this guesthouse too and I highly recommend this to my friends and everyone here. Thank you ^^

부산에 여행간 때 이 게스트 하우스에서 살았습니다. 지금까지 살던 게스트 하우스 중에 제일 좋고 편안한 게스트 하우스 입니다. 여러분에게 추천해 드립니다. ^^

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo