“Great place, Great people!”

710 Guest house Yellow
710 Guest house Yellow
Ranked #85 of 204 Speciality Lodging in Busan
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I stayed at Mr. Egg Hotel for 5 days 4 nights. The convenient location is perfectly close to the Haeundae subway station (about 1 min). There are many bars,restaurants and markets nearby, so you never feel bored to stay there.

Very clean and cozy!
Plus, the white and yellow interior design is heart-warming especially for a traveler.

Mr. Egg sells their own-label postcards and provides delivery service (at reasonable price). This is very thoughtful service and saves time looking for the post office. Also, there is free play-doh for customers to share creative crafts with other travelers.

Very friendly staffs! I'd say the owner, Sean, is definitely a great host while my stays in Busan, and provides me helpful traveling information. I always remember that when I got hungry at midnight, Sean even helped me call for fried chicken delivery. I really appreciated his kindness. :) Plus, he and his staffs speak very well in Mandarin Chinese and English. They're really awesome!
I definitely will stay at Mr. Egg Hostel when I come back Busan next year!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 December 2012

I loved my stay at Mr. Egg hostel. Very pleasant environmen. Excelent location, very close to the metro station, 3 minutes walk from the beach. Definitely I would stay there again if I return to Busan.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I was traveling all over South Korea by myself for two weeks for the first time. I got a recommendation from a close friend to check out Mr. Egg Hostel and I had to go to Busan! I am glad I took my Taiwanese pal's advice to check it out and take more than a day trip there. I easily made my rsvp in advance. I stayed there for 3 days/2 nights early June of this year.

I arrived to Busan via Jejudo on Busan Air (they have a partnership right now so look up on the savings you can get now). It was easy to take the Airport Shuttle to Haeundae.

It is conveniently located near the Haeundae Subway stop approximately a few minutes (don't even need 5 minutes). (Warning-if you have alot of luggage you will have to navigate alot of stairs.) The Mr. Egg Hostel is located in a very convenient area to the famous Haeundae Beach, many nearby delicious restaurants (Sean graciously introduced me to a few great places and even went along to the BBQ with me one night. Yes, it was cool to see JYP's signature on the wall-the only one I could read) I enjoyed the milmyun (the owner was very kind and gracious to me. She cut my noodles, gave me coffee, and a map telling me what to do all in Korean-when she knew I understood simple Korean), pork rice soup-Busan style was great on a rainy day.

The Mr. Egg Hostel itself has a few levels but no lift. There is a roof deck area if you want to hang out there. I stayed in a bunk room on the first floor. The accomodations were simply and brightly decorated! The private bath was clean and serviceable.There were slippers provided too. In the main living room area, there is a communal computer with cool Korean Indie music playing in the background. Guests can make toast and eggs for breakfast. (Before using the stovetop ask Sean -being from the USA it was a little different for me to use). Also, if you need to leave your luggage, you can ask Sean to leave it in his office which I did the day I left as I had a few hours to spare before taking the KTX back to Seoul.

Sean was a great host and very helpful. He speaks excellent Mandarin and good English so communication will not be an issue. I appreciated his hospitality. When you travel alot and are tired, it is nice to come back to a friendly face. I had not noise issues (but then I was there WED-FRI) not during the weekend and I am not a light sleeper.

I loved the DIY to make different creative things with Playdoh. (I am not creative so I could not contribute anything.) But the theme was Mr. Egg. I loved the big Mr. Egg that greats you by the entrance or that Sean writes guests names the day they arrive to welcome them. (Nice touch.) Or allowing guests write on the walls their impressions of Busan too as well as in their guest book too. I enjoyed the photo collage of Sean's personal travels to get a little insight of his own travel experience.

I totally and highly recommend Mr. Egg Guesthouse. Sean personally decorated the place and I really enjoyed the decor and initimate feel I felt there. All the guests were friendly! I met some college students traveling around Korea from Hong Kong, others who were in Busan away from Yeosu (the World Expo was going on during that time), and others from Japan. So it was guests from walks of life at the Hostel which was fun. The Mr. Egg Hostel I plan to go back there again next year with my friend hopefully. This time I want to check out more great eats and have more fun in Busan!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I lived in Mr. Egg Hostel for 3 days with my friend. We are two girls from Hong Kong who were first time been to Busan. We just found Mr. Egg from web and it is out of our expection!

The hostel is clean and beautiful, especially the decoration. There is a big Mr. Egg figure on the common room and everybody will take photo with it! The common room is my favourite place in the hostel. We met a lots of new friends from different coutries there.

Last but not least, I want to memtion that the owner Mr. Egg is so fun and nice and handsome. He looks like Haroro kkkkkkk!! If you are fans of Runningman then you must not miss the chance to meet the Haroro of Mr. Egg!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank NgKayu
Reviewed 18 December 2012

so we are two girls from HK and we spent three nights at this hostel. Actually we struggled about whether we should pick this hostel before going to korea because the hostel is not located downtown, but when we arrived we knew that we have made the right decision. Once we stepped out the subway there was the magnificent haeundae view waiting. The hostel owner is super friendly and we had a lot of fun during our stay in MR EGG. We love this place not only because the owner is nice, but we met a lot of travelers from inside and outside korea as well. We shared our own story and experience and we even travelled tgt. Such a great memory. The only concern would be the fact that the room is not very big, and you might need do some travel if you want to go downtown. Depiste this MR EGG is awesome. I will defintely come back for the hostel and the owner and the scenary.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank tiffching
Reviewed 17 December 2012

During our South Korea trip, we stayed 6 different hostel in Jeju Island, Seoul and Busan. Mr. Egg Hostel is sure the best in among all those hostels and probably the best one I stayed in an overseas hostel.

First of all the owner (Mr. Shan Egg :P) and the stuff (Ana and Moon) were awesome. They made the hostel such a warm and friendly place. In addition, the hostel was all clean and location was perfect, it was close to subway and beatiful Haundae Beach.

I might say I felt like I was at home. Cooking tools were awesome and saved our lives because we couldn't eat most of the Korean dishes.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elif S
Reviewed 14 December 2012

The best thing was Mr.egg hostel's location! Because Mr.egg was near at Haeundae subway station(only 2 minutes on my foot lol) and also near to Haeundae beach.
Even the floor was cold but they provide blanket to spread on the floor(you can require more if you want). And Mr.egg's staffs are really friendly so it doesn't matter.
If you looking for to comfortable and friendly place, make a reservation at Mr.egg now!!!
I highly recommend to stay here :).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends