“An Awful Surprise”

Ranked #78 of 169 Speciality Lodging in Busan
Vancouver, Canada
“An Awful Surprise”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

THIS IS NOT THE HOSTEL I HAD IN MIND!
I booked a private room (bunk twin beds) with this hostel after viewing the pictures posted on its website. It looked bright and clean and in the photo there was a window looking out the sky, BUT in my room, the window is right beside a wall of the next building, so it's like facing a wall without any sunlight. You can touch the wall if you put your hand out. More depressing facts are that the room is so tiny, it's impossible for two people to move around, only one round stall to sit on.

HERE COMES MORE AWFUL INFO: THE BEDDINGS ARE SO DIRTY!!!! The duvet cover had multiple white stains that look like either sperm stain or saliva stain. I had to use Q-tips dipping into water to clean it. Anyway, I slept two nights without the duvet. There is also sand underneath the sheets. I don't think they change beddings for new guests.

Good things are the staff is really nice and it's a good location - 5 mins walk to beach and another 5 min walk to subway station.

If you are someone who like clean beddings, this is NOT the place!

Room Tip: There are better places nearby the beach and it's really clean.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amber z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Very friendly staff and interesting backpackers place. My friend and I took a private room (twin beds) with own toilet. Good location, 5 mins walk to beach. Another 5 mins walk to train station. This place was great for the summer where all the activities would be. I could walk to enjoy the sea festival activities.

It is a steep walk to the second floor (steps only). doing the laundry is on the fourth floor - not free. This place is not the cleaniest I've seen but the staff makes up for it. Toilet is very small.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Skien, Norway
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Normally I book hotells, but this time I took a chance and booked a few nights on Mr. Egg`s Hostel.
We arrived pretty alte in the evening and to be honest, if it wasnt for the taxi driver, we never would have found it.
The location is excellent, just a 2 min walk to the famous haeundae Beach.
The room was surprisingly quite large, very clean and had everything you needed (well exept a refrigerator)
A small area With a Kitchen to the right just hen you eneter the hostel to Your right, where you can prepare Your own breakfast or meal.
But there were plenty of restaurants just outside the door so....
Also a washing machine for free off charge if you want to wash Your clothes.
Service was excellent, got answer and help for all we asked for.
I highly recomend this place for a few Nights in Busan

Room Tip: Dont get drunk the first night you stay in mr. Egg`s hostel. ;)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jericho J
Hong Kong
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I had a great time staying at Mr. Egg Original! A two-thumbs up experience!
I was there for 2 nights during late winter and it had everything that a traveller would have ever wanted while travelling.
The hostel is near the subway station and is super clean and cosy. The place is also equipped with a nice kitchen, computer and also wifi internet.
The place is run by friendly and informative staffs who speak fluent english and are always ready to provide you with some local insights and information.
Can't go wrong by staying @ Mr. Egg Original! (just make sure it's the Original!)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed in Mr. Egg Hostel Original during Fall 2012. Couldn't be more satisfied! Felt like I was back in highschool and staying with my friends in a dormitory, having fun and all that jazz.

The room is tidy, neat and super clean. Despite of its small size, the common room is a great place to get to know other travelers/backpackers. You even get to play with the available clay/play-doh to create your own little Mr/Mrs. Egg characters.The location of the Hostel itself is very convenient for going to the beach, taking the subway, chilling at the aquarium, clubbing.

The Staff of the Hostel is super friendly and will guarantee that you have a most warm, family-like experience while staying there. A definitely recommended Hostel for anyone who wants to visit Busan city.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I stayed in Mr Egg Hostel Original for three nights. The room is clean and tidy. It's near both the metro station and the beach. I can go to the places within 5 minutes.
However, the most impressive thing is the owner of the hostel, Sean. He is a nice Korean guy and he speaks good Chinese and English. He gave suggestions about my traveling in Busan. He even brought us to dine in a nice restaurant. I had great moments in Mr Egg hostel. I will definitely stay there again when I go to Busan.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Taipei
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I stayed at Mr. Egg Hotel for 5 days 4 nights. The convenient location is perfectly close to the Haeundae subway station (about 1 min). There are many bars,restaurants and markets nearby, so you never feel bored to stay there.

Very clean and cozy!
Plus, the white and yellow interior design is heart-warming especially for a traveler.

Mr. Egg sells their own-label postcards and provides delivery service (at reasonable price). This is very thoughtful service and saves time looking for the post office. Also, there is free play-doh for customers to share creative crafts with other travelers.

Very friendly staffs! I'd say the owner, Sean, is definitely a great host while my stays in Busan, and provides me helpful traveling information. I always remember that when I got hungry at midnight, Sean even helped me call for fried chicken delivery. I really appreciated his kindness. :) Plus, he and his staffs speak very well in Mandarin Chinese and English. They're really awesome!
I definitely will stay at Mr. Egg Hostel when I come back Busan next year!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo