“Clean, Kind, and an amazing experience.”
Review of Hostel the new day

Hostel the new day
Ranked #2 of 222 Speciality Lodging in Busan
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here in July 2013 and felt that it was important to write my first review about The New Day. My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights and then we had to extend it for another 2 nights because we loved it so much. Busan is a beautiful city and The New day is so close to everything. Not to mention shopping down the street. I felt very safe because they had a key for us to use to get in at night. The hostel is clean and gorgeous. We stayed in the private ensuite room for two nights. It was clean and they provided soap and shampoo. When we returned from our luxury hotel night at Paradise Hotel (Also awesome), we stayed in a private two bed room and shared the bathroom. The bathroom was very clean and private. For the girls washroom, they had three rooms. One area just for toilets, a beauty counter with q-tips, face pads, hair dryers and sink, and the shower room. The breakfast (eggs and toast) and complimentary coffee and tea were extra treats. We found the staff really helpful and loved how they had books for options of restaurants for us to try out in town. I hope it is just as amazing as it was a year ago! :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This has to be my best hostel experience to date. The staff are great - friendly, well informed about the area and public transport and all round nice people. The location is amazing, 5 mins from Heaundea Beach, 1 min from Heaundea subway stop and bus stop and about 3 mins to drinks and food. The hostel itself is immaculate and really traveller friendky with lockers for shoes, in the rooms and in the bathrooms too. In true Korean style there is a shower room - no cubicles, so be warned if youre a little shy. Breakfast was self service but very adequate. My room was great, I was in a female 10 bed dorm with a gorgeous view of the mountains and a quait little temple to boot. The rooftop garden was a gem, exactely the calm I needed after the maddening crowds on Heaundea. A great place to enjoy a complimentary cup of tea on the bench swing, while enjoying the fresh breeze. All round awesome experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed here 3 days and was totally happy. The hostel is 50m from the Exit 1 of the Haeundae Subway Station (line 2 the green one). The entrance is in the 5th floors. The area has hany restaurants (Korean and Western) and the beach is 10-15 minute walking.

The price of the dorm is one of the cheapest I had in Korea (but it s low season, I guess it s higher in summer) (22kW/night). The staff is very helpful, they advised me many things and even helped me to pack my Kimchi to bring home. The dorm is very clean, just a little noisy from the road (normal for Asia since they don't have double glass windows). The mattress is in good quality. The hostel sells many soft drink noodle, so you don't have to go out to buy them in the middle of the night. The bathroom and WC are daily cleaned. There is also free instant coffee, tea and cool water;

Breakfast is served daily (orange juice, coffee, eggs, bread) and included in the price.

The hostels has a very rooftop with a comfortable living room, good place to stay in rainy day.

I highly recommend this hostels for their ratio price/quality.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great place to meet people. The lounge at the top floor is very comfortable. Relatively spacious rooms, new and clean toilets and showers. Helpful and friendly staff. The hostel is bit far from downtown Busan (almost an hour by metro), but is right in the centre of Haeundae next to the metro exit. The only bad thing, was that the dorm room I stayed in lacked a window, but I actually didn't really mind it. Great value for money as well. Recommended!”

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great hostel. People there are awesome. The hostel is really clean. There is a very nice rooftop 24 hours open. excellent location for the beach and subway. The breakfast is also great, you can take some toast eggs coffee and juice for free.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The hostel is very clean and nicely design. The location is perfect and next to the subway. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The best part about this place is the rooftop garden. I'm so loving this place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I am glad we choose this hostel. Its clean, nice and the staff here was so friendly. I really enjoyed my stay here. Busan is really big and one needs atleast 7 days to explore everything. But the staff helped us and we sure did have a great time. Thank u. I recomend it to everyone staying in Busan. Its close to Heaundae beach and a night walk on the beach is stunning. Theres a garden on the top floor and its very beutifull

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends