“Better views in day”

40-step Culture & Tourism Theme Street
Ranked #58 of 237 things to do in Busan
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Actually i reached there by night, what is in sight is coffee shop, an old train road n signboard, the staircase plus the statue with boom and the the other statue on the stair. I did go up the stair but is all dark so i just make my way back. Haha.
Will visit again for the nice painting, and this time i will go early.

3  Thank Kiky101
"stroll"
"cafes"
"subway"

Reviewed 27 May 2014

this small area was on the busan map i was given so i headed to check it out as it was close,there really wasn't much to see,some small restaurants and a few plaques with some info on the area. but up and past the stairs is some small winding streets that are ok for a wonder through.i don't really know what the attraction is,didn't see much culture and tourism themed things.check it out if you're close though

2  Thank sam f
Reviewed 15 April 2014

For my last day in Busan I didn't have much planned. Then I remembered that there was an attraction (though I wasn't particularly eager) nearby that I didn't visit called the 40 Steps.

So I strolled towards Jungang to find the 40 Steps, which I did after spotting several supposedly famous bronze statues. Now what? Climb up the steps and count them. Yup, 40. Now what?

Unexpectedly, I started to spot a few colorful murals on the alley walls. It was as if I'd found a secret location.

The place I unintentionally discovered was, according to the only English sign that I saw, "The 2nd Street Art Festival". All sorts of quirky and colorful art decorated the walls, fences and staircases of the alleys.

I was randomly exploring one alley to another in hope to find some more art. I believe I was the only tourist there because no one else were crowding the art or taking pictures. People were just going about their everyday lives amongst the art. Some of the artworks spotted I feel were even more interesting than the ones I saw in Gamcheon Village.

The alleys and roads were comfortable to walk with very little traffic.

What a wonderful unexpected event this has turned out to be :)

10  Thank smellyocheese
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

This was near our guesthouse so we were able to see this place without a lot of people around. On the street is a large sign telling its historical significance as a meeting place for the people to be reunited with family.
I did try to count the steps. RunningMan the variety show had filmed here too.
There is a Paris Baguette along the street so you can get coffee and bread while checking it out.

3  Thank Babut_Bacena