“Great Hotel. Great views” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Hyatt Busan

Park Hyatt Busan
Ranked #2 of 134 Hotels in Busan
Paris, France
“Great Hotel. Great views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Went there in early October for 3 nights; Prices extremely reasonable for a 5 star hotel but then again any 5 star is less expensive than in Paris Friendly and H helpful staff and amazing views from our room. Beautifully appointed room for comfort and serenity. Would definitely go back when I return to Busan.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the view of the bridge or the port.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rivierarocket
mable l, General Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I was so happy to read that you enjoyed the Hotel and all our services. The views from the rooms are amazing and I have the fortunate opportunity to look at them every day. I would also like to wish you a wonderful New Year and we hope to have the pleasure of you staying again soon.

Park Hyatt Busan.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Munich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed: 1 night in November 2013, double room executive level
Pros: Location at the new marina district in Haeundae, spectacular vista of the bay, large and comfortable rooms, 5 star service, high quality neighborhood with good choice of restaurants and entertainment.
Cons: Rather expensive, breakfast not included ($ 42 per person), reception on the 32 floor, no shopping within walking distance

Room Tip: Ocean view room recommended
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Herbert E
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay.
I was so happy to read that you enjoyed the services of the hotel and location. I would also like to wish you a wonderful New Year and we hope to have the pleasure of you staying again soon.

Cranston, ri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

This is one of the nicest hotel I have stayed in. It is very clean and quiet, has great views and a pleasant staff. It has a very good buffet breakfast - and one of the most expensive. The hotel is not cheap, but it is excellent. The location is convenient to downtown.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lee7444
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel and that you felt this was one of the nicest hotels you have stayed in. I will share your comments with my team.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

This was my first visit to Busan, and staying at the Park Hyatt definitely made it an enjoyable one. The hotel is located in a very nice district of Busan (Haeundae, which is a popular tourist destination) right on the waterfront. Although it is not located directly on the beach - it is instead on the marina - it is only a 15 minute walk to get there. Along the way to the beach, you can turn off onto Dongbaek Island, which has a great walking path and beautiful views.

Enough about outside the hotel - inside, it was beautiful. It's a very new hotel, and it shows. The king-sized room was very spacious, with a generous closet area, large bathroom, and a desk and couch. The materials used in construction are luxurious. And it is a testament to the bed that I did not get jet lag - I transitioned seamlessly from 21 hours of traveling into working the next day with no problem.

I did also get a chance to check out the workout facilities while there. The gym is very well-equipped with cardio machines and weights (free and machines), and the swimming pool was lovely, but seemed designed for lounging around more than anything else (which is probably what you should be doing at a swimming pool in Busan, not swimming laps!). Even though the facilities are great, I would actually recommend, at least for runners, to take it outside. The scenery is gorgeous, the lack of humidity is a huge plus, and running outdoors is always more fun than running on a treadmill!

Finally, I was impressed by the friendliness of the staff. They went out of their way to be engaged and welcoming, with personal touches and a genuine desire to help.

My one slight negative is that it is a bit pricey. A beer cost $12. But, I can't really complain about that because it is definitely a high-class hotel, and if I want a cheap beer, I can just wander down to Thursday Party.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Catherine M
mable l, General Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Park Hyatt Busan.
Thank you very much for the positive feedback and especially on the service of the staff. I will be sure to share your feedback with them. I also agree that running outside in Busan along the water front is a must, however if the weather is not so good then our Fitness center is also a great alternative with the view of the Ocean.

Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I have been in Busan many times and this was my best hotel experience so far. I thought hotels like Paradise and Westin were really really good, but Park Hyatt was even better (and newer). First off all the service level was way above my expectations. The staff was so nice, polite and helpful. In addition, the rooms, reception, dining areas and so on, was simply amazing. I was lucky to be upgraded to a "Park suite twin" room and it was like a small apartment with amazing views. It could easily fit my whole family. Just remember to roll down the curtains when it is dark outside :)
The only thing that could be commented in a "negative" way was that the light and curtain controls in the room were a bit too complicated to operate. I was not even able to find the curtain controls the first night. My colleague had the same problem. In addition the hot water on the bath tub was mounted in the opposite way, so when you think you turn on hot water....it becomes cold...and vice versa. The WiFi signal was also a bit weak in the bathroom....if you really need WiFi that place. Not a major problem.
My company also tried the conference facilities and it was very professional. Top modern audio/video systems. Everything was working perfectly. The staff arranged the layout and separation of presentation rooms in a very professional manner. The only thing that might need to be improved is the arrangement of the coffee machines. During the breaks, the staff would ask and serve each participant one by one...and it just took too much time. So we were sometimes delayed for our sessions even though we planned for 15-30 minute breaks. I suggest the hotel increase the coffee capacity in the conference area.
The hotel has a central location and it will take you 10-15 minutes to walk to the Hauendae beach. You can jog or go hiking in the Jangsan mountain right from the hotel. The airport limousine bus stops right outside the lobby area and will take you to the airport for 7000 Won. It took me 35 minutes on Sunday morning, but you should probably plan with 60 minutes on a normal weekday.

Room Tip: Park suite twin room on level 8 was perfect. But, it is way too big if you are just a single person.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ratata
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and conference in the hotel. Your comments are truly appreciated and will be shared with all staff.
I appreciate the feedback on the coffee service during your breaks and I will address this and ensure we speed up our service.

Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed three nights in October 2013. The room was very comfortable and well equipped.
The staff are excellent.
My complaint is with the outrageous prices for everything after the room. Breakfast was $42. A cup of coffee in the lobby was $15.
I came away with the feeling of being gouged.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Nova_Scotian_guy
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Another excellent stay at the Hyatt in Busan, but with one complaint which I have detailed at the end of the hotel review.
Service from the staff was excellent as usual, they really do try to assist in anyway they can. There are a lot of younger staff working at this hotel, and their willingness to help guests is a credit to the way the hotel is managed.
We had one small issue regarding the room rate for three of our days we stayed there, but the night duty manager
Mr Mac sorted this issue out very quickly and in a very professional way, which made our stay even more enjoyable.
The room was as usual excellent , we could find nothing to complain about . Next time we stay, we plan to take an Ocean View room, but the Marina view rooms are still excellent.
This time we did have a meal in the dining room , the food & the service , was very good, and even price was not so high as you would think at such a high class hotel.
The location of the Hyatt is not on the beach front, but this is only a very short taxi ride away, for approx $ 5. The major shopping malls are even closer, and would cost approx 3 or 4 $ by taxi.
The Hyatt in our opinion is definitely the best hotel in Busan. Staying here would be an excellent choice.

The negative
We stayed in Busan to shop and see the huge fireworks display, which I highly recommend anyone to see.
Unfortunately all hotels, cafés etc, anywhere that offers a good and comfortable view of the fireworks, all of these places want to charge very high prices to sit and enjoy the show, and the Hyatt was no exception.
$500 minimum charge, which included food and drinks, for a table for 3 at the window in the dining room during the firework show . Too expensive. Perhaps for non residents, yes, but guests should not be asked to pay so much.
As a paying guest at the hotel we should have been able to enjoy this privilege at a very much reduced price and not expected to pay nearly $500.
I think in future for the firework festival in 2014, the Park Hyatt needs to find someway to provide paying guests a means of viewing the show from the restaurant at a reduced rate.
The paying guests who stay there on a regular basis should be taken into consideration.
That being said, viewing the fireworks display from outside the hotel was still a very enjoyable experience, but having the option to sit in comfort in the dining room would also have been nice.

Still I don't hold it against the hotel for carrying out this practise, as every other place anywhere on the sea front were doing the same .

We will just need to book an Ocean View room next time and order room service and watch the fireworks in perfect comfort.

Even taking this one negative into account, I still would highly recommend staying there if you plan to go to Busan.

Room Tip: Consider an Ocean View room, they are not so much more expensive than the marina view. There is als...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MRK1960
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write another review on Park Hyatt Busan.
I am very happy that Mr. Mac Hur was able to resolve the issue in relation to room rate, but I do apologies for there being an issue to start off with.
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the fireworks. I have taken your feedback in relation to hotel guests having a place to watch the fireworks inside the hotel and I will defiantly try and accommodate this next year. I really appreciate your loyalty to Park Hyatt Busan.