“The Most Wonderful Concierge Team”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Hyatt Busan

Park Hyatt Busan
Ranked #2 of 135 Hotels in Busan
Midwest
“The Most Wonderful Concierge Team”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Clare and Yugene of the Front Desk welcomed us as we checked in. Prior to arriving at the hotel, I had communicated with Sue of the Concierge Desk. Jessy and Dongjin (Lucas), in addition to Sue, were very helpful throughout our stay.

In addition to helping us book City Tour tickets, the concierge team provided excellent communication help. Case in point - each team member provided verbal and written instructions to the taxi drivers.

One night we went to Haejeodosi, an excellent seafood restaurant recommended by Sue. Lucas gave me a business card so that, upon arriving at the restaurant, I could ask the restaurant to call Lucas. Lucas was then able to help us order our meal. I so appreciate Lucas' thoughtfulness and thoroughness to ensure we had a good meal.

Our Park Suite was spacious and had wonderful views of the marina. From the bathroom, I can see the famous bridge. I loved everything about the suite, except the toilet was near the entrance whereas the shower/bathtub/sinks were toward the back. A few times, I headed toward the bathroom and then remembered I had to head toward the front door to reach the toilet.

We spent three nights in Busan, whereas two nights would have sufficed. We used the extra time to enjoy the evening Happy Hour in the Living Room bar. The Cacto (lychee flavored) cocktail was my favorite. We also borrowed a couple of DVDs from the hotel to enjoy in the suite.

The Park Hyatt Busan will be my hotel of choice if I were to return to Busan - primarily due to the efficient and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bamboola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Haugesund, Norway
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel proves that quality comes at a cost - if there is anything I could possibly complain about, it would be the location. You do need to walk a bit for the beach. Other than that there really was nothing to put a finger on that I could imagine would improve my overall experience within a realm of realistic expectations. I absolutely loved the breakfast, and I am actually looking forward to showing my family this hotel. I will look forward to returning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Vitaxis
Hadano, Japan
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is new and mordern, with great location. Spectacular views including the bridge, ocean and hills from our room. The bed is the greatest ever, and the pool is aslo nice. We easily walked to Haeundae beach which had many restaurants . The neiborhood there was really ideal for living, much better than in Haeundae. PH's staff is very helpful and speak English well, we enjoyed our stay!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shijia X
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Wonderful amenities, excellent services and a luxurious hotel room; coupled with a perfect view of the marina and the Gwangan bridge. Only slight issue would be for transport but it is nothing that a short taxi ride can't cover for.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vincentcrx
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

we are currently staying in a marina ocean view suite, with separate living room. the view is absolutely stunning. living room facing the marina and bedroom with open view to the ocean and the bridge. Bathroom bathtub faces the marina and absolutely impressive! (night view amazing and greats for jetlag) and we have been to lots of top of the line hotels.
there is complimentary nespresso coffee and bottle of waters in the room, bathtubs w lots of hotel amenities and the bath salt is very good quality too. We didnt go to the restaurants but the room service meals are really welly made, service fast and tasty. My 5yr old twins love this room and the foods..... the cleaning lady did a great job and gave us extra amenities(maybe the big daily tip helped)
but i am giving 4stars as even the hotel staffs vow everytime you pass by but they never carried a real smile. i found it a little rude and cold, specilly for someone that travel with kids; but i think it s kind of a Korean thing as i experienced the same in restaurants and stores but again, we are in a 5stars hotel.... and there s a reason we are paying for more.
but overall it s nice hotel and we will probably come back again next time or maybe another hotel closer to thr beach area...??

Stayed May 2014
United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was a fantastically done hotel. The rooms were great and the location was good for exploring. However, we had some small issues. First, you need to get cash at the airport. The do not have an International ATM and the one the direct you next door at the convenance store would not take Int'l cards. Had to find a CitiBank about ten blocks away. 2nd, the pool was full of babies the whole time. It was absolute disgusting. They should have time set aside for adults only. The hotel was full of young parents whom seemed to all want to take babies to the pool. Last, when the hotel is at full capacity they do not have enough dinning space. The lobby on the 32nd floor does create huge problems for elevator waiting time, because everyone below 32 has to go up to the lobby and restaurants. Otherwise, the hotel food, room service and decor was excellent. Concierge was good too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank workingjapan
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed for 4 nights.we took the train from Seoul to Busan. Location...Park Hyatt is 30 min from the station or more if it's weekend. It's by the sea and in the new sky high glass buildings part of the city..it was a very pleasant stay
Arriving... Smooth, always with a smile, very helpful and I should had professional. Reception is in a higher floor and then you go down to the rooms. You know the new type of hotel configuration. But in this case was a plus because the staff at concierge ( ground floor) were always very pleasant and taking care of all your needs. And smiling. Unlike Seoul, in Park Hyatt and in Busan English is spoken or at least better understood.
Room... I asked for the 25 floor corner suite. There are few of these in the building. Fantastic views, in fact I still have them in my dreams. Very clean. Bed and pillows was like sleeping on the clouds. Just the right choice. Expresso machine etc..views from the bathtub as well.
Breakfast.... Had all I need but the fruit and others were behind a glass and one as to ask for it. It's not exactly a buffet, eggs are ordered at the table. The cake and bread selection was not good. Staff at breakfast was wonderful from the moment one gets out of the elevator to the moment one leaves.
Restaurant... Had dinner out. 2 nights we went next door to the steak house. I recommend .
I highly recommend this hotel. But need to work on that buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Take the train from Seoul to Busan. Train stations are very pleasant, extremely clean and organized...