“By far the best western food in Busan” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sharky's Bar and Grill 1
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Sharky's Bar and Grill Haeundae Beach (S1) located in the Pale De Cz building, next to the paradise hotel in Haeundae. On the 2nd floor (towards the back). Can be hard to find but worth it! Sharky's Bar and Grill, Not just bar food but Fresh Quality food you can taste! This San Diego-inspired bar has become a fixture of the Haeundae Beach renowned for its Big Boy Burgers, Authentic Mexican and Killer Steaks. It's a comfortable and unpretentious atmosphere that is family friendly but still caters to business travelers and locals.
“By far the best western food in Busan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

This place is absolutely great. I wish I had known about this place when I first moved to Busan. My wife and I try to eat something new everytime and we have never had a bad dish. I love the burgers and she loves the salads. I've been to many western restaurants in Korea and most have something that is just not right. Some places have an idea of what a dish should be but miss it by a mile. Sharky's nails it. I would go here if it were in my hometown. I've never been let down by this place.

MichaelHaps, Owner at Sharky's Bar and Grill 1, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Shelby,

Thanks for the review of Sharky's. I really appreciate you taking the time. I'm really glad you love our food, from the Smokehouse Fried Jalapeno Ranch Burger to our wide selection of fresh green house salads, Sharky's really does have something for everyone. Great to catch up with you on Monday, hope to see you again soon.

Mike

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kingsport, Tennessee
“The After-Work Retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

As a westerner staying in Busan, my day goes by faster knowing that Sharky's is waiting for me. The staff is always friendly, the beer is always cold, and the food is always great. A winning combination that is sure to keep you coming back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul, first off thank you for the great review. We appreciate you choosing Sharky's in Haeundae. Although much smaller than our new location on Gwangan beach, I personally think Haeundae has the charm of a real life "Cheers". Just a small local Pub, with great food, staff and service. A place where everyone knows your name. :)

Safe travels back home and hope to see you again in the future.

All the best,

Mike
Kingston, Canada
“Great second story bar with food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Wonderful homemade burgers (love the avocado one) and decent beer with a second floor view of the beach and friendly staff.

Visited September 2013
First off thank you for visiting our Sharky's Gwangan beach location. Although the friendly service, staff, and menu can be found at both locations (Haeundae beach and Gwangan Beach) the Avocado burger is awesome at both and is our top selling burger! The bonus is the view in Gwangan is just amazing looking at the bridge at night.

We hope that you will visit us again soon and thanks for the feedback, I'll let the staff know, they appreciate every single review. :)
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome American Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Great music, food and atmosphere! We went looking for an American bar to have a meal and drinks. Sharky's has great beer and truly American burgers!

Visited October 2012
MichaelHaps, Owner at Sharky's Bar and Grill 1, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Thanks for visiting Sharky's and thanks for the great review. We do try to bring some Cali style cooking to Busan. The big boy burgers are somewhat of a specialty for us. If you come by in the future give The Smokehouse Jalepeno Bacon Ranch Burger at try, I personally think it's our best burger at Sharky's.

Thanks again for the review and hope to catch you again soon.

Michael
Vancouver, WA
“Just like home, USA.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Sharky's menu had all the things a typical bar and grill would offer on the west coast, USA. It's smaller and quaint and showing a NFL game on their screens. They offer micro brews to boot. The food was good but a little pricey. If your needing a little reminder of home then this is the place for you! Enjoy and Cheers!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MichaelHaps, Owner at Sharky's Bar and Grill 1, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thanks for visiting Sharky's bar and grill. We are glad that you had a good experience at our restaurants. It is really hard to find NFL football playing in Korea but since we (my brother and I) both love NFL you can bet it will be on often at our restaurants.

I should also mention our 2 for $20 meal deal which is valid 7 days a week. You can get any 2 combo of appetizers or entrees for just $20. It is a quite popular menu option, because you can choose from over 15 items from our menu. Might give it a shot next time your around, the artichoke spinach dip is really a great starter choice.

We pride ourselves on our micro brews, the lost coast in particular because they are from California and go perfectly with our California theme. They currently have 5 types which we serve, from a nice golden lager, the Great White to a deep black stout (8 ball stout) which have been really popular.

Thanks again for the review and hope that someday you will visit us again soon. Have a great week.

Michael