“Just like comfortable pair of shoes”
Review of Sharky's Bar and Grill 1 - CLOSED

Sharky's Bar and Grill 1
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Steakhouse, Pub, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sharky's Bar and Grill Haeundae Beach (S1) located in the Pale De Cz building, next to the paradise hotel in Haeundae. On the 2nd floor (towards the back). Can be hard to find but worth it! Sharky's Bar and Grill, Not just bar food but Fresh Quality food you can taste! This San Diego-inspired bar has become a fixture of the Haeundae Beach renowned for its Big Boy Burgers, Authentic Mexican and Killer Steaks. It's a comfortable and unpretentious atmosphere that is family friendly but still caters to business travelers and locals.
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I went to Sharky's to say hello to the staff for a co-worker who use to live in Busan. I only planned on staying just long enough to have a drink or two and then head out to another place I know in Busan. However, the staff's warm welcome and good service enticed me into staying a bit longer than planned. I ended up eating sliders and chatting with several regular customers while in Sharky's. The sliders were good, the drinks were well mixed. Additionally, the selection of beer was pretty good for the Busan area. I will definitely visit Sharky's again next time I travel to Busan. Finally, I had a chance to meet both the owners and the members of the live band that were playing the night I was in town. They were all great people and I hope I have a chance to see them again very soon.

MichaelHaps, Owner at Sharky's Bar and Grill 1, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Sharky's. Hearing you had a great time is a compliment to our awesome staff, they really are great. Sunny, SooJi, Annie and the rest of the team. Not too mention that they all make some pretty good drinks! :)

Our "Rotating drafts" at Sharky's is a new concept we have put into place. We plan to rotate more craft beers based on seasons. Starting in November we will have an oatmeal stout and a pumpkin ale on tap. Both excellent tasting craft beers.

Thanks again for taking the time to review us, glad you liked the people who hang out at Sharky's and my favorite part of your review is the title "like a comfortable pair of shoes," that pretty much sums up Sharky's Bar and Grill.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Sharky's has the best western style food in Busan. A large portion of the menu is based on California style Mexican food, and it is served in large portions with good value for your money. The staff is friendly and efficient and the atmosphere is great. I would definitely recommend Sharky's for both the food and the beer!

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Sharky's. I'm really happy that you love the food and appreciate the service. We do put a lot of effort into training our servers and working with them to create a friendly, fun, environment at Sharky's bar and grill.

I'm not gonna lie we have been accused of having huge portions when it comes to our entrees but that is just the Cali way, we can't let anyone go home hungry. :)

Thanks again!

Michael

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went just after opening time at 6.10 and it was already filling up with middle-aged expat men.
The good was decent but we only had 2 starters and the burgers and steaks looked amazing in the menu.

Maybe we went at the wrong time but if you're looking for other middle-aged expats to have a beer, with this seems to be the place for you. If not, look elsewhere.

4  Thank Tafia22

Hello and thank you for your review. I'm glad you took the time. Yes, we do have a lot of business travelers who visit Sharky's for a bit of comfort food and a taste of home, im glad to hear it was filling up at 6.10, normally we don't get busy right at 6pm when we open regularly Mon-Sun.

Sharky's caters to a nice mix of locals, families with children (we welcome children under 19 until 8pm every day of the week), couples, travelers as well as business men to come dine at our restaurant.

If your looking for a more lively bar crowd you might check out Sharky's Gwangan just a short 10 min away, there they often through huge parties and have live music on weekends. It's a really great environment and many people love the awesome view of the bridge (one of the best attractions in the city of Busan) looking right out our open balcony windows at night.

As for the food, im glad you liked the starters, we are well known for our burgers so next time I suggest trying the smokehouse fried jalapeno ranch burger, its so good!

I hope if you choose to visit us again you will find the experience a bit more enjoyable and the environment a bit more to your tastes. Thank you very much again for taking the time to give us a review.

Michael

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

This place is absolutely great. I wish I had known about this place when I first moved to Busan. My wife and I try to eat something new everytime and we have never had a bad dish. I love the burgers and she loves the salads. I've been to many western restaurants in Korea and most have something that is just not right. Some places have an idea of what a dish should be but miss it by a mile. Sharky's nails it. I would go here if it were in my hometown. I've never been let down by this place.

MichaelHaps, Owner at Sharky's Bar and Grill 1, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Shelby,

Thanks for the review of Sharky's. I really appreciate you taking the time. I'm really glad you love our food, from the Smokehouse Fried Jalapeno Ranch Burger to our wide selection of fresh green house salads, Sharky's really does have something for everyone. Great to catch up with you on Monday, hope to see you again soon.

Mike

Reviewed 4 October 2013

As a westerner staying in Busan, my day goes by faster knowing that Sharky's is waiting for me. The staff is always friendly, the beer is always cold, and the food is always great. A winning combination that is sure to keep you coming back.

Paul, first off thank you for the great review. We appreciate you choosing Sharky's in Haeundae. Although much smaller than our new location on Gwangan beach, I personally think Haeundae has the charm of a real life "Cheers". Just a small local Pub, with great food, staff and service. A place where everyone knows your name. :)

Safe travels back home and hope to see you again in the future.

All the best,