“Cute place, inconvenient location and service”

Mr Egg Hostel Original Nampo
Ranked #17 of 169 Speciality Lodging in Busan
Cyberjaya, Malaysia
“Cute place, inconvenient location and service”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I've stayed in three different hostels in Busan for the past 2 months, unfortunately this has to be in my least favorite. Stayed here close to a week and experienced some high and lows…

This place is also called Nuri Guesthouse...FYI.

1. Language
Other than Korean, the owner seems to be fluent in Mandarin, which has probably attracted many Taiwanese and other Chinese travelers, about 80% of the guests here.

2. Bigger toilet
The size of the toilet seems fairly larger than other two hostels I've been in Busan, with typical giant size shampoo and body wash (the types one would get in jiljimbang). I wouldn't dare using the toothpaste provided since its been used by previous tenants. Yikes!

3. Breakfast
The breakfast time is from 8-10am. Just like most hostels in Busan, they serve complimentary breakfast. The kitchenette area is very small. Only one person can use the stove at one time. Imagine if someone preparing for group of family/friends, he wait will take about 10-15 mins, with only 2 hours duration for breakfast. Coffee, tea, juice, bread, marmalade and eggs are provided...not sure if milk is provided as well since its always running out even when I wake up early at 8-ish. Coffee sachets will only be replenished at 9am since thats when the staff clock in, so tea is your only hot beverage option if you're an early bird.

4. Location
From the train exit, you probably need at least close to 7-10 mins to just get out out of Exit 5, which leads to the guesthouse. There's no elevator up to the exit, so those bulky luggage and backpacks will probably need extra lifting on top of the previous card. And extra 5-7 mins to walk to the guesthouse, depending on your pace.

Thus, day-to-day basis, you'll need close to 10 mins (super fast pace) to 15-20 mins if you're bringing older person to your group to commute in and out to the hostel.

5. Laundry
With long stay comes laundry, so obviously I'd need this. First of all, there is NO DRYER here. After 3 attempts asking on where to dry my clothes (one staff told me to hang inside my room), I was finally directed to an area at the rooftop where I could hang my clothes with no problem at all. I just don't get why it took me a lot of times to finally get a place to dry my clothes.

6. Room
Stayed in a fairly big room of 3 with minimal compartments, only dressing table and no area for luggage and secured belongings. Not so comfy pillow and mattress :( Sorry

The main action of this place is near Nampo station (food, shopping, tower, buses to tourist spots), so I would HIGHLY recommend hostels that are located around Nampos station instead of those Jungang area, unless you need to be close to a hospital. You can fairly walk to Nampo area from Jungang station for an extra 5-7 mins, but the underground walkway gets a bit dodgy at night, so...yeah.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rozerozeroze

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
hong kong
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

On top of the excellent location in downtown, the clean and tidy spaces and the yummy self-service breakfast at Mr Egg, the friendly host, Sean and the nice staff and guests I met from all over the world, have definitely brought me all the best memory from this beautiful port city ;) well, u can talk to the host and staff in English and Mandarin (of coz they r native in Korean), and they r really helpful!

• Stayed September 2013
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My friends and I lived in Mr. Egg when we travel to Busan. The room is clean and comfortable especially with a big bathroom. Furthermore, the decoration of the hotel is mainly in light green and pink, which brought a good relax in veiwing. In the visiting room, my friends and I made a statue by easy-clay. And anyone can make statues by themsevles. This was really full of fun! At last but not the least, the people in hotel are kind and nice. We got a lot of help from them.
Thanks to Mr.Egg!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ashley005
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 31 July 2013

one of my friends recommand this hostel. my friend and me stayed in twin private room. they provided fast wi-fi, fresh breakfast, shampoo, hair dryer etc, everything in there!
The room is very clean, and the location is very easy to find this hostel also staff was quiet nice they are always smiling and very kindly answered about my question!!

Specially, they have security system in common place, that CCTV operating 24 hrs, so I could stay in peace while i'm staying.
so if you think that important part is security I recommend this hostel, it would be fit for you!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I visited Busan, Korea to meet my Korean friend and she recommended me this place. It was really clean and room(dorm) was quite big. Quiet location but easy to find. Overall i was satisfied with the service :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I was sooo happy to have chosen to live in Mr Egg Hostel (Nampo) during my stay in Busan. The host, Sean is very nice and he provides excellent service. He also can speak fluent chinese and english, so there was no problem of communication! You can cook breakfast before going out; they provide really nice eggs, bread and cereal there. Common area is a great place to make friends, me and my friend coming from Hong Kong, had met two korean girls in the hostel. We went on a trip together in Busan and now we have become great friends. These are all the memories i wouldnt get if i didnt stay in Mr Egg Hostel. One more point to add on is that they got private bathroom in twin room, so it is very safe for girls who go on travelling alone or in pairs.
However, there is a thing you should notice is that you have to walk a long staircase when going up the Mtr station exit heading towards the hostel. So make sure you have your luggage pack lightly or find a lift for going up to the ground. Yet i believe this little staircase shouldnt be an excuse of not staying in this nice hostel :)

• Stayed June 2013