“Cute Little Guest House”

Mr Egg Hostel Original Nampo
Ranked #18 of 160 Speciality Lodging in Busan
Melaka, Malaysia
“Cute Little Guest House”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was attracted by its cute little interior design of this guest house at the 1st sight from its website. Later, I found out it was within my affordable budget and price with location near PIFF. This little guesthouse is hidden behind a big building of a bank. There is a convenient store across the road and a few meters away is a subway that connected to Lotte shopping mall and the underground shopping streets.
Due to high rate of booking, our 1st day was in a room for 3 persons and the next day we were able to change to a 2 persons room. Both rooms are spacious, quiet and clean.
I really love their breakfast which as per its name eggs provided with breads etc. We managed to cook our own eggs.
We also managed to try on the hanbok for free after the breakfast and with all other guests left the guesthouse. One of the girl that helped us can even understand and speak mandarin while the host, Mr Egg speaks English well. I really like their warm hospitality.

Room Tip: if you have heavy luggage, try to get the room downstairs.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Location of this guesthouse is near to landmarks such as the 40 steps (just walking distance) and Jungang Cathedral , Yongdusan Park (which leads to Gwangbok-ro shopping street, Lotte mall and BIFF and Jalgachi Market). It is also about 3 minute walk to the Jungang subway station. There is Paris Baguette nearby and lots of GS25 and C n U stores.
While Jungang area (2 stations away from Busan Station) is kind of far from the central city area, it is quite accessible to interesting locations.

Room. Our room was good for 3 sleeping mats (ondol style) and the ensuite bathroom has a fairly good size. The common room and bedroom has a clean, cozy feel. I had a good night's sleep. Good heating system. Had no issues with the bathroom.

Staff are friendly and helpful although I didn't had much opportunity to chat with them. They are available at 9AM until 9PM (or so). If you've a late flight in (as we did), you have to notify them to your ETA (the place is about 40 minutes from the Gimhae International) so they can wait up for you and orient you about the guesthouse and give your room key. House slippers are available for all guests. Towels are provided but are as big as hand towels so you may opt to bring your own.

Breakfast food is available as stated in their website ... bread, jam, eggs, milk, coffee and orange juice. If you forgot ask how to operate the appliances at the kitchen (like I did), there is an instruction and drawing on how to use the electric stove but it's quite difficult figuring out stuff that are different from what I have in my kitchen though, so it is better to ask outright HOW TO's in the kitchen for breakfast's sake. Found no peanut butter, so I couldn't make PBJ sandwich :(

I had a very comfortable stay in this guesthouse and can recommend this place.

Room Tip: If you've lots or big trolley luggage, request to be on the 1st floor as there is no elevator go...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 18 December 2013

it was a good, cheap and cozzy place to stay... the location may not help so much but it's easy to find it though; there's wifi so you're never uncomunicated and it's close to the beach in one of the nicest beaches in town. Service people are so kind and polite and I enjoyed doing my mexican egg :D I plenty recommend this hostel!

Room Tip: all rooms are comfortable and cozzy
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
College Point, New York
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed in a 4 bed female dormitory. I checked in at the main building and thought I was staying there, but they walked me around the corner to their annex building where all the bunk beds were. The annex area was very clean and had a lot of bathrooms and it was overall very quiet. The only downside was that if you stay at the main building, you can eat a real breakfast with eggs, rice, toast, etc., have a real living room to relax in, have the staff answer your questions. If they put you in the annex, there's no staff there and there's only toast for breakfast. But both locations are very close to the subway and the airport bus.

Room Tip: If you make a left immediately after you come out of the main building, there's a restaurant wit...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed at Mr Egg Original Nampo 2 where only 3 guests over there during my 2 days stayed so the hostel is very quiet. The owner, Mr Sean did offer me to stay at Nampo 1 with 8 person dorm but since I've booked for 4 person dorm thus i insisted to stay at Nampo 2 although with least of people. There is no staff stationed in Nampo 2 but from their receptionist tablethere is a PC which showed that they've installed quite a number of CCTV around the hostel area so you can check the CCTV before you go out from the hostel and Nampo 2 only provide simple breakfast i.e. bread, jam and orange juice, but simple breakfast is fine for me.

Mr Egg Nampo 2 located at the 1st floor of a lounge bar and the bar closed on Sunday so the street become very dark and quiet on Sunday night. When i back to my hostel about 9pm i saw a guy standing in front of the entrance of Mr Egg Nampo 2 as the street is very dark and i barely can see what the guy doing over there, due to the safety concern, i decided went to Nampo 1 asked the staff accompany me go back to the hostel. Thanks God, the staff is so nice and helpful and she accompanied me go back to Nampo 2 upon my request. I felt very glad with her companied and she told me that Korea is a very safe country with a low crime case and its ok for a lady walking alone during midnight. What's a good news!

The hostel is good but just that the location is not so strategic, it took you 5-7 minute to reach the subway and about 10min to reach Busan Tower, Gwangbokro Culture and Fashion street, BIFF Street.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Mr.Egg Hostel Busan is very lovey guesthouse in Busan. Room is clean and very lovey. In room have private bathroom and have shampoo soap toothpast for guest. In 1st floor have living room there are Computer and internet for guest. It's very comfortable.

Near sub way and easy to find guesthouse. Near Busan Tower, Fish market, BIFF Square, Gukje Market, Yongdusan park.

Staff so lovely and kindly. Everything is very good.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank wannisaa
Cyberjaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I've stayed in three different hostels in Busan for the past 2 months, unfortunately this has to be in my least favorite. Stayed here close to a week and experienced some high and lows…

This place is also called Nuri Guesthouse...FYI.

1. Language
Other than Korean, the owner seems to be fluent in Mandarin, which has probably attracted many Taiwanese and other Chinese travelers, about 80% of the guests here.

2. Bigger toilet
The size of the toilet seems fairly larger than other two hostels I've been in Busan, with typical giant size shampoo and body wash (the types one would get in jiljimbang). I wouldn't dare using the toothpaste provided since its been used by previous tenants. Yikes!

3. Breakfast
The breakfast time is from 8-10am. Just like most hostels in Busan, they serve complimentary breakfast. The kitchenette area is very small. Only one person can use the stove at one time. Imagine if someone preparing for group of family/friends, he wait will take about 10-15 mins, with only 2 hours duration for breakfast. Coffee, tea, juice, bread, marmalade and eggs are provided...not sure if milk is provided as well since its always running out even when I wake up early at 8-ish. Coffee sachets will only be replenished at 9am since thats when the staff clock in, so tea is your only hot beverage option if you're an early bird.

4. Location
From the train exit, you probably need at least close to 7-10 mins to just get out out of Exit 5, which leads to the guesthouse. There's no elevator up to the exit, so those bulky luggage and backpacks will probably need extra lifting on top of the previous card. And extra 5-7 mins to walk to the guesthouse, depending on your pace.

Thus, day-to-day basis, you'll need close to 10 mins (super fast pace) to 15-20 mins if you're bringing older person to your group to commute in and out to the hostel.

5. Laundry
With long stay comes laundry, so obviously I'd need this. First of all, there is NO DRYER here. After 3 attempts asking on where to dry my clothes (one staff told me to hang inside my room), I was finally directed to an area at the rooftop where I could hang my clothes with no problem at all. I just don't get why it took me a lot of times to finally get a place to dry my clothes.

6. Room
Stayed in a fairly big room of 3 with minimal compartments, only dressing table and no area for luggage and secured belongings. Not so comfy pillow and mattress :( Sorry

The main action of this place is near Nampo station (food, shopping, tower, buses to tourist spots), so I would HIGHLY recommend hostels that are located around Nampos station instead of those Jungang area, unless you need to be close to a hospital. You can fairly walk to Nampo area from Jungang station for an extra 5-7 mins, but the underground walkway gets a bit dodgy at night, so...yeah.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family